Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: New Sell LT: Flare!

  1. #21

    Re: New Sell LT: Flare!

    Quote Originally Posted by NocRob View Post
    Great LT design. Was wondering...when are you guys going to stop absolutely boning wall builds? Between this LT and pierce, this direction has become kind of silly.
    Don't forget armor setting off boobies, plague destroying high health builds, piercing damage, poppy for all demo dropping buildings faster, chastity for extra damage per debuff(most big defenders have 3 at the least, booby, tag and plague) and even twinkie chance to double armor damage.

    "wall" builds are just now slight speed bumps.

  2. #22

    Re: New Sell LT: Flare!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishnu View Post
    Is it equivalent to cripple?Does it work when you loose too?
    let's say more likely plague, cuz they both share the "dmg ignore target armor" part.
    if u have 5 star flare (18%) and do 200 dmg to a tatget with 800 armor, 36 dmg of 200 will fall on health, then the rest 164 dmg fall on armor.

    it's not a +dmg lt but a lt that can ignore armor's resistance a lil bit so reapers and sins can cap that healer asap. it makes no difference once u can hit off the armor with that single shot, so ghosts better not have too high expectation on it.



    however, i still see the protential within:
    1. when u having constant lose hits on the healer, flare can make u contribute more by pushing his real health rather than hopelessly hitting armor. with active high-cappers, ur team make consume their health pack faster than ap
    2. high star flare can deal more dmg to healer's health than a fully upgraded plague. let's say when a healer has 1800/800 health/armor, a plague can deal dmg on health at most 1800*3%=54 per hit made, and the dmg drops with present health. but if u deal 300 dmg with a 6 star flare, it's more than 60 dmg to health. what's more, these two effects can work together. so the path of making a healer's health from 1800 to 1000(reaper's highest cap range withoutt lts) can be shorter now.
    Last edited by TonyYao; 11-12-2016 at 05:19 PM.

  3. #23

    Re: New Sell LT: Flare!

    Quote Originally Posted by NocRob View Post
    Great LT design. Was wondering...when are you guys going to stop absolutely boning wall builds? Between this LT and pierce, this direction has become kind of silly.
    This direction is FAR better than where it was six months ago. If you were a player at that time you should remember the mind numbing endless saga of hitting a single defender for half of eve. This direction makes eve far more dynamic and fun. If anything the current state is a correction in balance.

    Changes like this and other dmg increasing factors don't "bone wall builds". It affects all empires the same way.

  4. #24

    Re: New Sell LT: Flare!

    Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    This direction is FAR better than where it was six months ago. If you were a player at that time you should remember the mind numbing endless saga of hitting a single defender for half of eve. This direction makes eve far more dynamic and fun. If anything the current state is a correction in balance.

    Changes like this and other dmg increasing factors don't "bone wall builds". It affects all empires the same way.
    Well, I disagree. And if you spent an hour of eve on one defender, then your empire doesn't deserve to win that eve, and that should be that.

    Any change makes the game more dynamic. That's the very definition of the word "dynamic." My point (and I think many agree) is that the direction of the game for almost a year now has been a reactive push stemming from people whining about this very thing.

    Offensive toons are now vastly OP compared to their defensive counterparts. This is just a fact. This latest LT only helps widen the gap. Normally I'd say everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this is just fact. If you disagree, you're wrong.

    And it does "bone wall builds." And no, it doesn't impact all empires the same, much as it doesn't impact all players the same. I'm sure if someone has 3 glass cannon toons, they're tickled pink by the recent developments, whereas my single wall toon has been infinitely less impactful by the countless negative changes to the efficacy of its build over the past year. This, in turn, changes my interest in the game.

    So if their goal was to gradually change eve from a strategic chess match into a forward charge, token burning free for all, then mission accomplished.

  5. #25

    Re: New Sell LT: Flare!

    does flare works on counter attacks .
    if i am an enforcer and some ghost hits me for 800 dmg and i deflect the shot . will a part of that damage go thru their armor or not ?
    thanks

  6. #26
    Underboss Quaranj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pokémon Empire
    Posts
    1,282

    Re: New Sell LT: Flare!

    Quote Originally Posted by NocRob View Post
    So if their goal was to gradually change eve from a strategic chess match into a forward charge, token burning free for all, then mission accomplished.
    Ha! This^^^

    Seriously though... most empires these days seem to be all about brute force with little strategy involved. Can't say I am a big fan of the development overall. What I am okay with about it is that some empires still continue to make brutal tactical errors because they expect to overpower you...and then don't because their key buildings are down before their mass flail attack succeeds.

    I think this is another reason I am having overall trouble finding new recruits. Tactics are lost on many now. Many wont even try to grasp. I swear I must be either the most kick-happy manager in the game rn, or people are lining up to test my patience for bs these days.

    As for the LT. I have to agree. Kudos to the guy on the idea win, but to have the defender classes take another hit without some mitigation it is quickly becoming a brute force sprint to the back row.

  7. #27

    Re: New Sell LT: Flare!

    Quote Originally Posted by NocRob View Post
    Well, I disagree. And if you spent an hour of eve on one defender, then your empire doesn't deserve to win that eve, and that should be that.

    Any change makes the game more dynamic. That's the very definition of the word "dynamic." My point (and I think many agree) is that the direction of the game for almost a year now has been a reactive push stemming from people whining about this very thing.

    Offensive toons are now vastly OP compared to their defensive counterparts. This is just a fact. This latest LT only helps widen the gap. Normally I'd say everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this is just fact. If you disagree, you're wrong.

    And it does "bone wall builds." And no, it doesn't impact all empires the same, much as it doesn't impact all players the same. I'm sure if someone has 3 glass cannon toons, they're tickled pink by the recent developments, whereas my single wall toon has been infinitely less impactful by the countless negative changes to the efficacy of its build over the past year. This, in turn, changes my interest in the game.

    So if their goal was to gradually change eve from a strategic chess match into a forward charge, token burning free for all, then mission accomplished.
    In top 3 of legend, you can still hit a defender for over a hour. If you are coming from lower legend or under, I can't relate and don't care.

    I don't see any reasoning behind your points. List them. What does "vastly OP" even mean? Or "countless" negative changes? Can you explain how things should be? I'd like to see how you would balance eve the way it should be. The only point I see explained / demonstrated is the one on whining.

    Also I am a Titan. I much prefer eve in the state it is in now compared to what it was before. Not sure what the whining is about because it's not like it only affects your Titan only. The true results have just been an overall speed up of eve.

  8. #28

    Re: New Sell LT: Flare!

    Amen to speeding up eve!

  9. #29

    Re: New Sell LT: Flare!

    So would Flare significantly benefit a demo and boss hunter?

  10. #30

    Re: New Sell LT: Flare!

    My Flare description are saying
    "6% chance to damage ignore shield and hit player health"

    Portuguese translation not fine.

  11. #31

    Re: New Sell LT: Flare!

    Flare didn't last long, shortest 'on sale' time?

  12. #32

    Re: New Sell LT: Flare!

    Quote Originally Posted by Storminoli View Post
    So would Flare significantly benefit a demo and boss hunter?
    Perhaps not as much as other LTs but could be useful if you hit armored opponents in EvE a lot?




    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    Flare didn't last long, shortest 'on sale' time?
    I feel like there was one that was quicker but don't remember which so I could be wrong

  13. #33

    Re: New Sell LT: Flare!

    So I'm looking or confirmation, say a player hits a building for 200 on average.

    If you're demo'ing a 15000 shield at 1* Flare (6%). will 188 go to shield and 12 go to building health? Or is this just player dmg?

  14. #34

    Re: New Sell LT: Flare!

    Kilolbs, what did you change your name to?

  15. #35

    Re: New Sell LT: Flare!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks_CHAOS View Post
    So I'm looking or confirmation, say a player hits a building for 200 on average.

    If you're demo'ing a 15000 shield at 1* Flare (6%). will 188 go to shield and 12 go to building health? Or is this just player dmg?
    Well the general consensus agreed that Flare only works on player. And i remember seeing player named killolbs in my battle list somewhere lol recently

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •