Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New featured LT. (FINALLY) Poppy! Worth it or worth less? All input Welocome!

Lackey

Question New featured LT. (FINALLY) Poppy! Worth it or worth less? All input Welocome!

So finally the new Lt. Poppy is here. A few members in my empire have purchased her and I'm debating doing so myself but at 3* she does 103% dmg for 2 spent tokens. I imagine at 9* she will do close to 110% extra dmg and with some insignias with shield dmg, along with Layla and envy ( only two off top of my head ) she could be worth it as apparently she demos faster which would help in little time left and q quick x and a little demo to win in between a healer but I'm still not totally sold. Anyone had any good Lt setups with her or overall positive success? Let us all know as I'm more for spending FP on LTs I know have value instead of the astronomical odds rolling anything better then a uncommon these days. Happy hunting and let us know if you really figure a good loadout!

Re: New featured LT. (FINALLY) Poppy! Worth it or worth less? All input Welocome

3 stars is 102%, 0.5% per star.

Useful LT for demo accounts for accelerated demo. Somewhat situational though as you have to be careful on booby traps or when close to taking out a building as you can waste a token.

Had her seated with dozer and backfire for demo. Almost overloaded on uncommon and commons in the loadout.

Extra dmg doesn't make much difference. Only really useful for speed.

Re: New featured LT. (FINALLY) Poppy! Worth it or worth less? All input Welocome

Like mercurial said, good for speed, but that's it to me.

For damage purposes, my demos use, backfire, Layla, dozer(envy), gman. If using Layla and poppy it's not worth it since Layla procs per win, although using 2 tokens with poppy it only counts as 1 win. Just my opinion though

Quote Originally Posted by Massmurder View Post

For damage purposes, my demos use, backfire, Layla, dozer(envy), gman. If using Layla and poppy it's not worth it since Layla procs per win, although using 2 tokens with poppy it only counts as 1 win. Just my opinion though
    what the damage boost u gain from envy while copying dozer?..isnt the damage boost u gain from poppy higher?.
    im using layla dozer gman backfire and fiori and was waiting for a demo lt to replace fiori and soon as i get poppy i will replace it.

Poppy in right hand, Envy, Whiplash, Layla and G-Man. Wondering if I should swap Layla to right hand seat or leave poppy there as Demo

I have a 3* Dozer but spent too much on Whiplash to take her out...

Street Boss

My heavies that could seat her are not advanced enough to buy her. You have to be what, LV240 or so? Most of the time I've got enough uncommons in the circle by then, and I'd rather have Dozer and GMan than the speed.

She could save a lot of tapping in PvP, if you play that much. I'm guessing that if you're hitting 80 stam you'd hit 160?

Can anyone tell me if she works as a 2-for-1 on bosses? She'd be the Stamina version of The Fixer, and that would be worth having. UPDATE: yes, she does. If you have a lot of stam and no Duke or Mastermind, she's mandatory.
    Last edited by analytical; 10-15-2016 at 02:11 PM.
    Just a bit analytical.

So shes a mini Red Countess? Could be an interesting duo if *'d high enough

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlito View Post
    So finally the new Lt. Poppy is here. A few members in my empire have purchased her and I'm debating doing so myself but at 3* she does 103% dmg for 2 spent tokens. I imagine at 9* she will do close to 110% extra dmg and with some insignias with shield dmg, along with Layla and envy ( only two off top of my head ) she could be worth it as apparently she demos faster which would help in little time left and q quick x and a little demo to win in between a healer but I'm still not totally sold. Anyone had any good Lt setups with her or overall positive success? Let us all know as I'm more for spending FP on LTs I know have value instead of the astronomical odds rolling anything better then a uncommon these days. Happy hunting and let us know if you really figure a good loadout!
    I have heard great things but for some reason she won't pop up for me to buy her is their a certain level you need to be to be able to buy her.??

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilwine View Post
    Poppy in right hand, Envy, Whiplash, Layla and G-Man. Wondering if I should swap Layla to right hand seat or leave poppy there as Demo

I have a 3* Dozer but spent too much on Whiplash to take her out...
    I'm my opinion, the extra hits you gain from Layla outweighs the added damage from any LT. You basically get 120 or so additional damage. Even with 10% damage boost it would take 12 tokens spent to counter that. So why not seat damage boost but increase the chances at gaining extra tokens

Street Boss

Quote Originally Posted by Wall7212 View Post
    I have heard great things but for some reason she won't pop up for me to buy her is their a certain level you need to be to be able to buy her.??
    Maybe level 260?
    Just a bit analytical.

Lackey

Ok perhaps you might be able to clear 3 details involving Layla, one regarding her seated period, seated with poppy, and seated with poppy and envy (envy either cloning Layla or cloning poppy with layla also seated). She gives X% , X being her Star lvl , to gain a token on a win. First, does Layla proc on demo wins? Or only pvp Eve wins. I ask because If she does not proc on a demo win then she would be wasting a demo builds seat. Second, when she does regen a token on a win You said Layla only procs one token but when seated with Poppy could she possibly only cost poppy one token instead of two. Lastly if cloned with envy poppy could do 201% dmg? Or Poppy seated with Layla cloned could perhaps cost 0 tokens if Layla regen on a win and envy also by chance clones Layla also regenerating 1 token costing 0 after all said and done? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as some Lt. ability descriptions can be rather vague on all its variables to activate. Thanks for your original feedback. - Scar

Lackey

Yes you have to be a higher level toon I believe around lvl 250 ( not exactly sure but that's a good guesstimate) but however there is an upside to this while the larger players can get poppy the lower get the chance to pick up some critical LTs. every 10 lvls or so your able to purchase a new black market Lt. such Envy, who in my opinion is a must have in all builds also Layla pops up I believe after Envy as I remember being a tad sad I couldn't grab all her gear. I run 5 toons so I'm going through same thing with my lvl 190 sniper but while you grow imo keep 30 FP on hand for envy you won't regret her seated and will regret passing her up!! - Scar

Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by Massmurder View Post

I have Gman and his smg stacked 4 times. How does he help in demo? I was under the impression his peircing damage would eat through more armor or break through armor to dmg hp instead of ap. Maybe I have peircing damage all wrong lol. Clearing that up would def help me know where to seat him. I'm close to grenade 3 on my term with him so he will be up their with a Hw maxed demo soon when demoing shields and buildings.

Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I have the same question with you
    Maybe anyone can help for a way out?
    Lol so many combinations and questions give it a day for some feedback friend.I'm almost thinking about getting her regardless if she can do 2x Stam damage outside of war but is it 2x Stam on boss fights or only PvP? If boss fights for sure as I hate wasting Stam and if I'm close to leveling I won't waste at least 80 Stam and use 160 like duke or mastermind though not as powerful. If Pvp only I would not hold the same opinion on her being essential

Does poppy work on supers?

Does clone on poppy cost 8tk (2x2x2), or 6tk (2+2+2)?
    Last edited by Ndrewz; 10-16-2016 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndrewz View Post
    Does poppy work on supers?

Does clone on poppy cost 8tk (2x2x2), or 6tk (2+2+2)?
    I believe tht it doesnt

VIPER BOOST SEATED LT POWERS BY 10 percent!

So technically that has to mean poppy's ability at 1* with Viper is + 111.1 . They put the figure as 101%. Theres no other way ard it. Cmon, tell me its the truthhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai View Post
    VIPER BOOST SEATED LT POWERS BY 10 percent!
    So technically that has to mean poppy's ability at 1* with Viper is + 111.1 . They put the figure as 101%. Theres no other way ard it. Cmon, tell me its the truthhhhh
    It boosts 10% not add 10% otherwise would be OP.

101+10% = 101 + 1.01 = 102.01.

I have Viper and the only times I seat her is to boost all my idle LTs. I also seat her when doing my job LTs and when boosting an entire Critical Boss Loadout.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcali1985 View Post
    It boosts 10% not add 10% otherwise would be OP.

101+10% = 101 + 1.01 = 102.01.

I have Viper and the only times I seat her is to boost all my idle LTs. I also seat her when doing my job LTs and when boosting an entire Critical Boss Loadout.
    I understand that it boost by 10% so if a lt ability says +5% critical chance. Then Viper gives you that boost and so the ability now becomes 5.5% critical chance.

But on poppy, whats written on her ability is +101% and what is a boost from tht itself? It should be 101 x 1.1(100 percent plus the 10 percent viper boost gives you 1.1)

Same as how 5% crit x 1.1 = 5.5

I know tht it sounds OP on Poppy. That rhymes .hah. But it does on Red Countess too. So it is what it is

Poppy's ability reads " attacks cost twice as much and deal + 101% damage"

Again it is what it is. If you seperate tvat statement

1) it takes twice the token
    2) it does + 101% damage.

It is very simple english

There is no way with viper it gives only 102.01% my friend. Because tht is one percent boost.

Because a 101% boost with viper gives you 111.1%

Basically, i see this as a loophole. I may be wrong. Pls enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai View Post
    I understand that it boost by 10% so if a lt ability says +5% critical chance. Then Viper gives you that boost and so the ability now becomes 5.5% critical chance.

But on poppy, whats written on her ability is +101% and what is a boost from tht itself? It should be 101 x 1.1(100 percent plus the 10 percent viper boost gives you 1.1)

Same as how 5% crit x 1.1 = 5.5

I know tht it sounds OP on Poppy. That rhymes .hah. But it does on Red Countess too. So it is what it is

Poppy's ability reads " attacks cost twice as much and deal + 101% damage"

Again it is what it is. If you seperate tvat statement

1) it takes twice the token
    2) it does + 101% damage.

It is very simple english

There is no way with viper it gives only 102.01% my friend. Because tht is one percent boost.

Because a 101% boost with viper gives you 111.1%

Basically, i see this as a loophole. I may be wrong. Pls enlighten me.
    Poppy's boost is only 1%, the extra 100% comes from the 2nd token/stamina. When you use 1* Poppy you do 201% damage per click. So Viper would boost only the 1%.
    Last edited by alexian; 10-16-2016 at 08:13 AM.