Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PVP Rewards Update!

PVP Rewards Update!

Greetings Everyone!

As part of our ongoing improvements and balancing for PvP, we'll be improving the rewards for the Legend and Destroyer Tiers (aka ranks 25-30). While we may tinker with these rewards again in the future, they'll never be lowered in the middle of a season (aka month).

Now to the juicy bits, the new rewards are below, and they're now live!

In terms of skill points, for Monarch, Emperor, and Legend League (ranks 25-27), players can earn 5 Skill Points for reaching each of these leagues, once per season. This part has not changed from before. However, the bonus powers that players' gain for reaching and remaining in these six leagues have been improved, and are now cumulative. For example, starting with Monarch league, players in this league or higher will gain +2% Critical Chance. And then starting with Emperor league, players in this league or higher will gain +3% dodge. And then starting with Legend League, players in this league or higher will gain +5% Damage.... and so forth.

The total powers players will have while in each league are summed up here:

Rank 25 - Monarch League: +2% Critical Chance
    Rank 26 - Emperor League: +2% Critical Chance, +3% Dodge
    Rank 27 - Legend League: +2% Critical Chance, +3% Dodge, +5% Damage
    Rank 28 - Devastator League: +2% Critical Chance, +3% Dodge, +5% Damage, +5& Damage Mitigation
    Rank 29 - Executioner League: +2% Critical Chance, +3% Dodge, +5% Damage, +5% Damage Mitigation, +2.5% Attack Power, +2.5% Defense Power
    Rank 30 - Annihilator League: +2% Critical Chance, +3% Dodge, +5% Damage, +5% Damage Mitigation, +5% Attack Power, +5% Defense Power

TLDR - Skill Points rewards for Ranks 25-27 are still the same. Bonus powers for ranks now extend to include Ranks 25-27, and the powers for Ranks 28-30 have gotten better.

We'll be monitoring these changes, as we continually try improve the game. Hope you all enjoy!

-UWE_Eevee

Re: PVP Rewards Update!

Thanks Eevee!

This is going to be a bit of a motivator for sure!

Hi Eevee,

This looks like a nice change! I was wondering if there is any chance of making Empire trophies show up in chronological order? It would be nice to be able to show off the new trophies instead of have the old trophies stay in the "top 4" spots. Thanks for reading!

Consigliere Game Guru

The rewards look somewhat OP and more reason for players to get rank 29& 30 now. I still think a real PvP balance is needed in terms of a level 4000 attacking a level 500. The rewards are nice but the day UE stops players attacking lower levels is when balance will truly be with PvP from my point of view.

The Attack / Defense power boost seems OP I agree. I really think the damage per stamina needs correction more to where it was before. PVP was cheap and prevalent and was a major driver to get motivated ppl to build their toons. Now no one gets hit and many are complacent and bored.

I don't think level restrictions work in this game. For example, I don't think you can have someone level to 4K and actually give them less choices to hit or take away the ability to protect their friends. I can say the BP rules in the new pvp actually works well in terms of level disparity in farming. Now if you are level 600 and want be ranked high against level 3k+ and go for top ten--it's going to be painful.

I'm really glad they made the buffs cumulative. I'm also glad they kept the monthly chance at earning stat points from PvP.

I'm sure further tweaking will happen but this is better than it was before. I'm starting to defect from the "keep it balanced" party and think opportunities at slightly overpowered advantages may be a better way to go. Hard work or hard spending should yield some kind of unfair advantage. This one has to be fought for and resets monthly so it's more optimal than most in my opinion*
    Last edited by Cthulu; 09-01-2016 at 10:23 PM. Reason: *all of this is just opinion :)

Dang I used to just wait till the end of the month to snag the extra sp, now I'm debating trying to hold a badge all month, nice update.

Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    I can say the BP rules in the new pvp actually works well in terms of level disparity in farming. Now if you are level 600 and want be ranked high against level 3k+ and go for top ten--it's going to be painful.
    Not to start arguing but it's this that keeps New people from staying in the game and enjoying it, I'm not saying the badges and bonuses should be free or anything, but if a "low level" player wants a high badge they should be able to grind for the necessary points to achieve it. And not be knocked back down by someone over level 2k. I'm sure other "lows" would find and beat that player to grind their way up, creating balance for top ranks.

I've also asked in another thread nobody answered, everybody says your too weak to hold a certain badge, your not high enough level...etc...

So when is the appropriate time to try for these badges? Should you be level 1000? Lvl 2000? Have a certain attack/defense? What is the criteria for owning a lvl 28 badge for example? My main is level 1300 and I can get to 28-30 fairly easy, and that's not hitting more than 200 levels down( I want the xp as well as bp) but as soon as I'm that high my news feed is filled with defeats and executions by people 1000-2000 levels higher. In this game their will always be someone bigger, and that gap will just keep getting bigger the longer the game lasts. There is already a soft limit in place so people don't gain xp after a certain gap, try removing the money(hotwire) and bp gain for a month and see if the bullying stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Massmurder View Post
    Dang I used to just wait till the end of the month to snag the extra sp, now I'm debating trying to hold a badge all month, nice update.

Not to start arguing but it's this that keeps New people from staying in the game and enjoying it, I'm not saying the badges and bonuses should be free or anything, but if a "low level" player wants a high badge they should be able to grind for the necessary points to achieve it. And not be knocked back down by someone over level 2k. I'm sure other "lows" would find and beat that player to grind their way up, creating balance for top ranks.

I've also asked in another thread nobody answered, everybody says your too weak to hold a certain badge, your not high enough level...etc...

So when is the appropriate time to try for these badges? Should you be level 1000? Lvl 2000? Have a certain attack/defense? What is the criteria for owning a lvl 28 badge for example? My main is level 1300 and I can get to 28-30 fairly easy, and that's not hitting more than 200 levels down( I want the xp as well as bp) but as soon as I'm that high my news feed is filled with defeats and executions by people 1000-2000 levels higher. In this game their will always be someone bigger, and that gap will just keep getting bigger the longer the game lasts. There is already a soft limit in place so people don't gain xp after a certain gap, try removing the money(hotwire) and bp gain for a month and see if the bullying stops.
    I've asked this question for 2+ years. Have yet to get an answer. No one will give one because they want to keep the ability to beat on easy targets.

I've even stated that they should just remove all gains from hitting low but keep the ability there. Fighting someone becaus they mouthed off or your at war is different than virtually bullying away resources.

They can do a percentage of levels so it's not static.

I like the update, however, until the stamina/kill ratio lowers I think it's a band aid. Time will tell, but I don't think people will battle an entire month as 3-4 kills per refill. I can see an entire months worth of hits on my battle sorted news feed. It use to be 2 days max.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcali1985 View Post
    but I don't think people will battle an entire month as 3-4 kills per refill
    Gee I wish, I found a Titan a couple days ago, from full health 2 refills at 1k stamina. 2000+ stamina for 1 target, I would have moved on but was getting xp and bp from this target.

Nice update, Eevee. Do the bonuses (+ dodge, +damage...) work when defending also? + Damage leading to +counterdamage when defending? I don't see why they shouldn't, but an official confirmation (after a look in the code) is prefferable.
    Last edited by alexian; 09-02-2016 at 12:25 AM.

I've asked this question for 2+ years. Have yet to get an answer. No one will give one because they want to keep the ability to beat on easy targets.

I've even stated that they should just remove all gains from hitting low but keep the ability there. Fighting someone becaus they mouthed off or your at war is different than virtually bullying away resources.

They can do a percentage of levels so it's not static.

I like the update, however, until the stamina/kill ratio lowers I think it's a band aid. Time will tell, but I don't think people will battle an entire month as 3-4 kills per refill. I can see an entire months worth of hits on my battle sorted news feed. It use to be 2 days max.
    Because it's not a static number, from what I've seen and heard, 3k into any one stat (attack or defence) or 2k into both gets you to 25, you can grind for higher but you'll easily get and be able to hold rank 25 without massive amounts of hits. From there on it really depends on the month and what level you are. If you are >500 then you are going to need just a ton of effective defence, like 5k/6k plus because those big guys just love hitting you. But if you are 1k+ normally 4k or so will do because you LOOK tougher. You have the ability to have put 2.5k extra stats in just from levelling alone. I know a guy who got to rank 30 at level 500 and ive seen guys get in the top ten at 800. It's really about how much you grind and who is interested in pvp that month.

So 1st impression: its lot of better thn before ) good job
    Anyway here need to be some changes.. tiers between levels to avoid hit low levels or make safe rank like 25 is, so once you reach it you cant dump back.. (Now you cant dump back to 24) if not thn 90-95% ppl need grinding every day to hold bigger rank if they wanna hold it..and thats not gonna happened cause its annoying and Easy to jump back to 25... (Lot of hitters, you have lot of health, titan.. So just one guy can hit you 2000 times...eh :/) btw: sorry my english isnt perferct anyway i hope you got it
    Btw: looks like not a big deal for 99% ppl cause noone tell it yet...so i will do: In the game for last two ranks we can see the same rewards (also on the picture here too...) check it yourself

Quote Originally Posted by TheEternal View Post
    Because it's not a static number, from what I've seen and heard, 3k into any one stat (attack or defence) or 2k into both gets you to 25, you can grind for higher but you'll easily get and be able to hold rank 25 without massive amounts of hits. From there on it really depends on the month and what level you are. If you are >500 then you are going to need just a ton of effective defence, like 5k/6k plus because those big guys just love hitting you. But if you are 1k+ normally 4k or so will do because you LOOK tougher. You have the ability to have put 2.5k extra stats in just from levelling alone. I know a guy who got to rank 30 at level 500 and ive seen guys get in the top ten at 800. It's really about how much you grind and who is interested in pvp that month.
    I think you misread my post. The comment about static number was in response to people hitting down and gaining bp, cash, XP, etc.

I fully understand the pvp system, I like the ranks and the powers, making them stack is a huge plus and may get some players to push for ranks earlier. However, I stand with my assessment that pvp is to resource heavy now to make it a daily task. Do people realize that your daily regen is probably not enough to get an x most of the time in the higher ranks. Meaning you have to spend daily to progress.

Pvp use to be pure, as much as I loathe people hitting down having to spend 300-400 stamina to x someone with 800-1000 health is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfuego View Post
    Btw: looks like not a big deal for 99% ppl cause noone tell it yet...so i will do: In the game for last two ranks we can see the same rewards (also on the picture here too...) check it yourself
    I see it as pevious reward + additional. So rank 29 has only +2.5% attack/defense power but rank 30 has +5% attack/defense power.

Question Re: PVP Rewards Update!

Two concerns...

Have there been other changes/tweaks to the PvP system?

1) I noticed with the new changes to PvP yesterday that at BR 27 I was getting 0 BPs from targets ranked BR 25. I'm fairly certain that I used to get something like 1-5 BPs before, depending on the dmg I did relative to their health.

2) I obtained BR 28 a few hours ago, only to observe now that I dropped to BR 26. So you can be bumped down a tier, from Destroyer Tier to Legend Tier?

And does this mean that you can also be bumped from Legend Tier to Rainmaker Tier???
    Edit: no, you can't, except for the reset at the beginning of each month

Under the previous battle rank rewards, I only bothered going as far as BR 27 for the SPs.
    I thought the whole idea of tiers was that you couldn't drop down a tier, other than the reset at the end of the month. If you can be bumped down from Destroyer Tier to Legend Tier, then what is the purpose of even having two separate tiers... Why not just have one "TOP" tier from BR 25 to BR 30??

Grrr. Not happy.
    Last edited by Empress Lauren; 09-07-2016 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Confirmed (personally) that you can't be knocked from Legend tier down to Rainmaker tier lol

This is a game... about battles...
    EXPECT to get attacked... farmed...
    by allies... by higher levels...
    even PvP'd directly from EvE....
    It might not be "nice", nor "proper" game etiquette,
    but all's fair in war!!

My feed goes back 52 days.

If ppl don't get hit, that is one huge driver gone that pushed and motivated to build.

Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    My feed goes back 52 days.

If ppl don't get hit, that is one huge driver gone that pushed and motivated to build.
    You must have had Gigantic health, the new system made players tend to avoid healthy players because they are giving less Bp per stamina. 500 or more stam to not even executing one player? Thats all my stam lol

That aside, you must had very intimidating account/right hand Lt/win-loss ratio..

Repeating myself, but again...

Why isn't it just one big tier above rank 24?

As I found out (very quickly), the Destroyer Tier does not act like all the other tiers, as you can be bounced out of it, down to Legend Tier. I went from BR 28 right back to BR 25.

Perhaps this has always been the case, but this was my first time going into Destroyer Tier, and I had assumed that it acted like other tiers, that you couldn't be bounced from the tier... you were "safe" at BR 28.

Yes, I understand the reset of Legend & Destroyer Tiers at the beginning of every month. That's not what this is about.

Within the month, they are acting as if they are just one big tier (from BR 25 to BR 30, inclusive), as BR 28 is not "safe", since you can be attacked down to BR 27 in Legend Tier.

Begs the question... why 2 tiers?... other than fancy graphics (which can, and have been, altered lol)

This is a game... about battles...
    EXPECT to get attacked... farmed...
    by allies... by higher levels...
    even PvP'd directly from EvE....
    It might not be "nice", nor "proper" game etiquette,
    but all's fair in war!!

It's been the case since the new ranks were announced - there is no "safe" rank in the new tiers - there never has been. You may just not have been hit enough to drop you previously.

I'm sure the 2 tiers is just to keep with their trend of grouping in 3s and also the destroyer tier does not award any SP like the legend tier does -- so maybe the optic helps to show things are different -- along with shiny badges

As somebody who is currently holding a rank 30 badge, this change is well worth the fight. Now as a '30' I have to fight to stay there. For me hitting a 28 or below is a total waste as I get 0 BP's. A 29 is nearly worthless and I hit them if they are in my newsfeed to deliver a message. Now if a level 500 wants that 30 badge, then you are going to have to fight like hell and try and find 29-30 badges that you can beat (very unlikely).

There is definitely separation. My family has 2 accounts with 27 badges (rarely get touched now). We also have a 23 (in a private PVP war right now so it is seeing much more action in a week that it has in a year).

Now if you don't think that the 30 badge is fair (just look at my newsfeed and the 10's of thousands of additional losses that I now have. I 'earned' that 30 and if I don't want to keep it, all I have to do is not fight and it will fall to 29 in a day or 2. After that, I will once again barely see any action.