• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quaranj
    Boss
    • May 2015

Worst tech support ever.

First, you have a "doorman" set up that ensures that nobody will even read the ticket unless the autoresponder is replied to. Having spoken to several members of the community who are unfamiliar with this dance, (Read: Anyone who hasn't worked in development.) most think that tickets are simply ignored. They do not reply to the autoresponder because they falsely put good faith in the fact that their ticket has been received and that someone will READ IT.

Second, even when you do respond to that doorman it is not uncommon to receive this days later:

It has been over 128 hours since you've last updated your ticket. If the issue within the ticket or concern you reported still persists, please follow the ticket link and reopen your case so that we can assist you further:

Still no action upon the ticket! Why are you closing tickets that haven't even been addressed? Turn these "features" off!

Having worked tech support for ISPs, enterprise software and homegrown development firms I can honestly state with an educated opinion that your support is rated at 1 out of 10 at best.

If your support is overloaded it is often because QA has failed and let some nasty issues out that should have never made it to production.

Sort this! Either put QA under scrutiny to be sure the product is bug free or force a handle time demarcation within your support queue. *I* shouldn't be the one getting the 128 hour notices on tickets, the management of the support team should receive them so that they are aware of how many balls are being dropped. You have massive shortcomings here in service delivery.

24 hour turn-around should be expected on a busy day. Anything more is unbecoming of a company as large as Kabam.

Getting real tired of being your unpaid, unheard beta tester here.

Tech support, I Hate This!
  • Xcali1985
    Head Boss
    • Jun 2013

Re: Worst tech support ever.

It's pretty bad, I've always gotten fast service with FP issues anything else I've emailed about has never been solved.

I was able to establish an email chain about achievements vs pvp records not matching up but that issue never got resolved.

Comment

• Quaranj
      Boss
      • May 2015

Originally posted by Xcali1985 View Post
      It's pretty bad, I've always gotten fast service with FP issues anything else I've emailed about has never been solved.

I was able to establish an email chain about achievements vs pvp records not matching up but that issue never got resolved.
      Are you talking about executions? If so some testing indicated that in the PvP record the number increments as soon as the execution screen appears, but the achievement tally only goes up on a successful execution for some reason.

I'm not sure why one counts at one point in the code and the other another.

Comment

• Quaranj
        Boss
        • May 2015

Currently still waiting since replying to the 128 hour message upon my last ticket. Android chat is malfunctioning again. If you try to change your motto and you hit an invisible character limit, the game crashes again. This also is happening again in PM's. The last time they fixed this, it was a back-end correction and a new version was not required to be pushed.

Can we hear what is being done to alleviate the support issues detailed in my initial post? No response reads that PA doesn't care at all.

Comment

• Eevee
          Community Manager
          • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Quaranj View Post
          Currently still waiting since replying to the 128 hour message upon my last ticket. Android chat is malfunctioning again. If you try to change your motto and you hit an invisible character limit, the game crashes again. This also is happening again in PM's. The last time they fixed this, it was a back-end correction and a new version was not required to be pushed.

Can we hear what is being done to alleviate the support issues detailed in my initial post? No response reads that PA doesn't care at all.

Hi Quaranj,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you've been experiencing.

I encourage you to try submitting a new ticket, as Support has been experiencing a high volume of tickets recently.

If you choose to do so, please be sure to include your Ally code and as much information regarding the issue as possible (screenshots are also appreciated).

-UWE_Eevee

Comment

• GQuest
            Soldier
            • Jun 2015

Recently? It has been that way for me ever since I started playing three years ago. Also, why no update or new stuff the last two weeks. You guys are killing this game!

Comment

• Quaranj
              Boss
              • May 2015

Originally posted by UWE_Eevee View Post
              Hi Quaranj,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you've been experiencing.

I encourage you to try submitting a new ticket, as Support has been experiencing a high volume of tickets recently.

If you choose to do so, please be sure to include your Ally code and as much information regarding the issue as possible (screenshots are also appreciated).

-UWE_Eevee
              Though I apprieciate your response, the high volume of tickets thing is pulled right from the script of your door man on your support email system. If the tickets are too much, you really do need more support staff. The higher than normal message has been there since I began playing. What do you consider normal there, 2 tickets?

Unfortunately I do not see a point to submitting a new ticket. Your support team has yet to respond to my last ticket, and it is not the first time the system has closed one upon me at the 128 hour mark with no response. I am starting to feel that most end up in /dev/null/ right away. This is unacceptable.

Ever seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail? I feel like I've approached the French castle and instead of "I told them we've already got one." I'm being told "I told him to submit another one. ~snickers~" I can't say that I have a lot of faith that it would go any differently.

I have done support for major ISP's down to smaller start ups. The big players hire more staff, the smaller places offer more overtime to clear the ticket queues in a timely manner. If you want the game to not die from player apathy, this is a major issue that needs to be addressed sooner than later.

Being technical, I field a lot of support for this game already. I manage an empire here. If someone is having trouble within it, they often come to me first. When I encounter trouble or a bug that can't be worked around, I report it immediately.

Right now, our welcome message has to be sent via an IOS playing officer. In android, it blanks the whole screen except for the dialog box which stays above where the keyboard expanded to and hangs. If I am lucky, I get a crash message with that but often I am forced to swipe away the app and reboot it. I can't tell you all how much fun that can be as a primary defender during an empire war.

Please, rather than suggest that I waste my time on another potentially ignored ticket, let us know whether we can expect this major problem to be corrected in any sort of immediate time frame. It is encouraging to see that there is now a proper community manager in play (Welcome! (though I wish our first contact had been under better terms.)) but there is still a lot that needs to fall into place to have customer service working on par with even the smallest of successful start ups.

Comment

• Mumm Ra
                Lackey
                • Oct 2014

I've been having the same issue. My ticket has received no response either. . . But one should question the issue of their being a high volume of tickets. If this is true, then PA/Kabam has major malfunctions that need to be addressed, i.e. High volume of tickets means too many problems with game or tickets aren't being resolved fast enough. Unfortunately, a pile-up of tickets means that most issues will be swept under the rug.

Comment

• analytical
                  Street Boss
                  • Aug 2013

I sent a ticket and got a response that I've never seen before. "Thank you for sharing your experience. I'll be discussing this with our dev team."

I was encouraged. Feeling like I get to have my say makes me feel better, even when I don't get my way.
                  Just a bit analytical.

Comment

• Xcali1985
                    Head Boss
                    • Jun 2013

It's insulting to be ignored after spending your money on this game.

Comment

• Heineken
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2016

They just need to add few more peeps on it and things can be lot better. Lots of tickets imply lots of issues, which should be more worrisome.
                      My experience hasn't been good so I am surprised when others praise the support. Is there anything in the background that's define different treatment to some than others. I hope not

Ps. No personal issues with others' feedback, just talking about my experience and feeling.

Comment

• Janus
                        Enforcer
                        • Jan 2015

Yes. They rode this game into the ground. Very hard to do considering this game is based on gambling addiction.

Comment

Working...
                        X