• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZeeZ
    Banned
    • Nov 2013

Re: Illegal FP Purchasing Ban

Originally posted by UWE_Alpha View Post
    These accounts were implicated in committing credit card fraud.
    Yet everyone assumes that the "Magnificent 23" committed credit card fraud! smh
    Thanks to UWE_Alpha for choosing his words carefully and stating that the accounts (not the players) are implicated in committing credit card fraud. but does this mean that the players are guilty for buying these cards? assuming they didn't know the source? Hell.... If i see someone advertising to sell $100 Itunes card for 50$ i will buy it in a heart beat!!

PA should just ban them and say "they got banned for breaking ToS mumbo jumbo" and not mention all the credit card stuff, because the banned accounts bought these cards from "3rd party" who acquired them illegally.. again this doesn't make the banned players criminals.

But NOOOO... PA had to do it their way because they didn't get paid for those cards!! but in the previous cheating scandal when a PA developer was involved.. it got swept under the rug and accounts were banned.. nice and quite.. no fuss!

I suggest to close this thread to end all assumptions and rumors and before it escalates any further.. and they call Saul Goodman

Comment

• shootme
      Lackey
      • Feb 2013

Could you please stop with the "holier than thou" excuse of "fairness of the game"? You're concerned with what lines your pockets and who might be cutting into your absolutely RIDICULOUS profit margins. This game has never, ever, ever been about "fair". It's about you making as much money as possible. That is obvious, so stop lying about "fairness". I'm constantly in awe of your incompetence, yet you've struck a chord with people who can't stop giving you money for a "game" that wouldn't earn $2 in a legitimate game market.

You could have stopped at "we're cutting down on illegal FP" and not gone on to the bull**** of fair.
      Last edited by Cthulu; 05-20-2016, 03:53 PM. Reason: forums are PG-13

Comment

• TheEternal
        Brawler
        • Jan 2016

Originally posted by ZeeZ View Post
        Thanks to UWE_Alpha for choosing his words carefully and stating that the accounts (not the players) are implicated in committing credit card fraud. but does this mean that the players are guilty for buying these cards? assuming they didn't know the source? Hell.... If i see someone advertising to sell $100 Itunes card for 50$ i will buy it in a heart beat!!

PA should just ban them and say "they got banned for breaking ToS mumbo jumbo" and not mention all the credit card stuff, because the banned accounts bought these cards from "3rd party" who acquired them illegally.. again this doesn't make the banned players criminals.

But NOOOO... PA had to do it their way because they didn't get paid for those cards!! but in the previous cheating scandal when a PA developer was involved.. it got swept under the rug and accounts were banned.. nice and quite.. no fuss!
        So if i buy a stolen car off someone because i didnt check if it were registered under their name and i didnt check everything i legally have to before buying it im innocent? No, im not i get a fine the people i brought it off go to jail and i buy my cars from dealerships from now on.

I get wanting to save a buck or two, but just dont buy from something thats not a store, if it doesnt have a storefront or HQ its probably dodgey simple as.

Comment

• ZeeZ
          Banned
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by TheEternal View Post
          So if i buy a stolen car off someone because i didnt check if it were registered under their name and i didnt check everything i legally have to before buying it im innocent? No, im not i get a fine the people i brought it off go to jail and i buy my cars from dealerships from now on.

I get wanting to save a buck or two, but just dont buy from something thats not a store, if it doesnt have a storefront or HQ its probably dodgey simple as.
          Everyone should check.. but int this age of the interwebs I might rather buy cards while I'm setting on my fat behind using my phone and get the code delivered via email or app wallet from a Nigerian prince who sells cheap cards

Comment

• ☭ʝǺƧ⚙И☣
            Lackey
            • Aug 2015

Goldy nothing personal but I understand you are confused that I would compare the Alpha incident which is a player in your empire to a player in the empire I am in. I do not know the facts around either incident. I know Alpha bought and paid for his account fair and square and as far as I know paid for his FP in app as all of us do. So PA is claiming 23 others have purchased FP with stolen credit cards or through 3rd party. I live in USA you can buy anything 3rd party. People stand outside Walmart selling Steaks and all kinds of stuff that they bought with food stamps. So if Best Buy runs a sale on $100 iTunes card for $75. If I use that card am I a criminal?

Comment

• ZeeZ
              Banned
              • Nov 2013

Please close this thread.. this is not good for both PA or the community.. PA is making unprofessional accusations of credit card fraud and players are making up stupid rumors like "PA asked the players to pay for the FP and then they will get their accounts back"

PA Panicked and screwed up by publicly accusing players of committing credit card fraud.. I know for a fact that some of these players are not little kids and some of them are senior executives and government officials.. who might be naive and stupid to buy FP from 3rd party vendors that way.. but not criminals... since CC fraud is a serious accusation and I'm sure PA will hear from the players soon.

close the thread just like you closed Alpha fusing thread and enough with PA double standards. they might not be lawyers like Alpha.. but I'm sure they can afford a few suited Alpha's

Comment

• Fatboy
                Lackey
                • May 2014

the funniest part of this whole
                Situation is 2 weeks ago an empire
                Pushed for a ban against a toon that clearly violated the terms of service. Now that empire has banned toons for violating the terms of service. If that's not favoritism I don't know what is

Comment

• JohnnyJame
                  Lackey
                  • Sep 2013

Please close this thread.. this is not good for both PA or the community.. PA is making unprofessional accusations of credit card fraud and players are making up stupid rumors like "PA asked the players to pay for the FP and then they will get their accounts back"

PA Panicked and screwed up by publicly accusing players of committing credit card fraud.. I know for a fact that some of these players are not little kids and some of them are senior executives and government officials.. who might be naive and stupid to buy FP from 3rd party vendors that way.. but not criminals... since CC fraud is a serious accusation and I'm sure PA will hear from the players soon.

close the thread just like you closed Alpha fusing thread and enough with PA double standards. they might not be lawyers like Alpha.. but I'm sure they can afford a few suited Alpha's
                  There's no reason to close anything and UE isn't necessarily making double standards. They addressed accounts where CC fraud was evident. Next they need to ban players who have bought and sold accounts like Alpha. There is no glitch or fuse hacker. How silly? It's called Space or whoever else had access to his account now logging in and messing around. Guess he shouldn't have bought the acct eh? It does violate TOS right? So he deserved what he got and he shouldn't have gotten help for UE.

Comment

• ZeeZ
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2013

3rd party card seller is different than credit card fraud.. PA is just confusing us and confusing themselves, I dare PA to say "YES all of the banned players committed CC fraud themselves and YES all FP was obtained same way for all the banned 23"

calling players out and accusing them of such an act is not a simple issue.. especially if PA didn't hear the players side of the story and ask for proof.. Imagine if one of the banned players turns out to be innocent for some reason... and PA is naming and shaming them and accusing them for CC fraud publicly.. what would happen then?

IF PA is throwing accusations like these and going to list names.. then I demand to know the names of developers involved in the cheating scandal and what actions you took against them? all we know is the players who got the developer's help got banned and the snitch got some lousy free FP

Ban them and close the thread and let's move on!

Comment

• ZeeZ
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by JohnnyJame View Post
                      There's no reason to close anything and UE isn't necessarily making double standards. They addressed accounts where CC fraud was evident
                      Do you know something we don't know? please share the CC fraud evidence!

Comment

• ZeeZ
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by UWE_Alpha View Post
                        As always, if you feel you have been banned unfairly, please send in a ticket and we'll discuss it.

Thanks,
                        -Alpha
                        Oh how sweet, bureaucratic and contradicting!! you claim that you have investigated and worked with apple/google before banning and you are 100% certain of CC fraud.. but hey.. why not hear what these guys have to say just to be democratic and fair

let's say one of these innocent angels you banned was unfairly banned.. what would PA do to compensate for taunting him and his reputation? you think he will keep on playing as if nothing ever happened?

Comment

• Vagabond
                          Lackey
                          • Jan 2016

Let's stop the BS. I would assume at this stage most of us would be smart enough to know that if a person offers to load your account with in game currency for pennies on the dollar you would know it's not legal.

Comment

• ༒Lux༒
                            Lackey
                            • May 2016

Why do people even bother complaining... just be happy they did something about it.

Comment

• RipZ
                              Soldier
                              • Nov 2013

Oh how sweet, bureaucratic and contradicting!! you claim that you have investigated and worked with apple/google before banning and you are 100% certain of CC fraud.. but hey.. why not hear what these guys have to say just to be democratic and fair

let's say one of these innocent angels you banned was unfairly banned.. what would PA do to compensate for taunting him and his reputation? you think he will keep on playing as if nothing ever happened?
                              I guess ZeeZ got his account banned He seems pretty angry.
                              Buying illegal stuff will always be the buyers problem, period. If a deal is to good to be true it usually is.
                              A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

SoCo Mafia, Free Agent, Goodfellas, LightningStrike, retired.

Comment

• Salvador
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2016

Originally posted by RipZ View Post
                                I guess ZeeZ got his account banned He seems pretty angry.
                                Buying illegal stuff will always be the buyers problem, period. If a deal is to good to be true it usually is.
                                100% Agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X