Thread: Win/Loss record, why is it so important

Win/Loss record, why is it so important

I'm not bashing anybody, I'm just trying to understand the significance of it.

My main has just over 60k wins but a whooping 105K losses. But I was able to get a 27 badge last month fairly easy, can't hold it since I'm mostly attack.

Is it a show of strength? A scare tactic?

Re: Win/Loss record, why is it so important

Quote Originally Posted by Massmurder View Post
    I'm not bashing anybody, I'm just trying to understand the significance of it.

My main has just over 60k wins but a whooping 105K losses. But I was able to get a 27 badge last month fairly easy, can't hold it since I'm mostly attack.

Is it a show of strength? A scare tactic?
    maybe bcz some people think that having so many win and less loss makes them less of a target ..or having many losses makes u more of a target ..but we all know how some people attack even rank 10 just for the win ..and some accounts have many losses bcz of their high health ..
    those stats can fool u ..so maybe u can use it as a tactic or trap ...full defense account can make a good trap having too many losses

Since it's a game without a tangible endpoint, sometimes statistics/achievements can act as a stand-in for a conclusion. If your account has more wins than losses, or your empire has more wins than losses, the lifetime rankings of your empire, etc. etc. can help bolster the feeling of "winning the game"?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulu View Post
    Since it's a game without a tangible endpoint, sometimes statistics/achievements can act as a stand-in for a conclusion. If your account has more wins than losses, or your empire has more wins than losses, the lifetime rankings of your empire, etc. etc. can help bolster the feeling of "winning the game"?
    Well said.

Go ahead and hit me all day... I give crappy BP back If you want to trade wins for stam, go right ahead! I enjoy the free health too when you run out of stam (smarter ones give up) after full pull

It depends which angle you decide to view this on:

1. LSIs usually always have more losses than wins, so do Boss hunters, they don't really care for PvP much and keep their BR low to avoid being hit too much [fear of losing cash]

2. BSI really care about their win/loss ratio, they have built their account to be strings they need to show a much higher win number than their losses

3. Health players decided to focus on EvE and be token eaters, but now, with the new PvP system, they feel left out and cheated so PA helped by penalizing all the other accounts to give an edge to health folks. Takes longer to kill them (more stam used) for the same amount of BP.

I have more losses than wins, do I care? nope.

This. Many also say it means nothing but then burn loads of FP to fix their stats.

It's a worthless stat. I could go on and on about it but to sum it up unless you limit the range of hits taken someone can flip your W/L in a matter of days by having you pulled over and over.

the more valid stat is executions to executed. However, even then I would caution that if someone pissed off a high level player or a friend of a high level player that the record can be twisted.