• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MadVicker
    Lackey
    • Nov 2014

Event Reward Tier Inflation

TL DR - Event reward tiers are becoming harder and harder to achieve (more spending needed) what are PA/Kabam going to do to encourage more low-mid level spending, keeping them engaged? And how does everyone else feel about it?

I've been playing Underworld for 3 years now and there's something that worries me a little (probably one of the main reasons I spend very little during events now).

The rewards for the events are generally worth getting from a gameplay perspective, however, we've all seen this game grow over the years and the last event I seem to remember participation being well over 30-40k. Going back a couple of years, participation was closer to the 10-15k mark. My figures might be a little off, I'm going from memory as opposed to a database so forgive me there. Point is, there are quite a few more people playing this game now. Also evidenced in the increased forum participants.

Now to the main point and what I'm trying to get at. Participation has increased so much over the past couple of years and yet the reward tiers to get an event Lt by being in the top XX number of people has stayed more or less the same. This means that the spending required to reach those tiers has also subsequently increased as competition for the limited number of places becomes fierce. This has the invariable effect of pricing out so many of the low to mid level spenders from even considering reaching those tiers.

Now I'm not too upset over missing out on event Lts, although I can't deny being a little miffed about it, as the choice not to spend the required amount to get there is mine after all. I do feel though that the value to my آ£ now of the event Lts is overpriced due to the effect described above. Although my question to PA/Kabam is this; do you feel that carrying on at the present rate is sustainable beyond your very high spenders i.e. top 50 empires, or do you have something on the cards to provide meaningful value to the rest of your player base?

To the rest of you, do you feel the same way or completely differently?

If you took the time to read that, I am honoured and thank you!

Re: Event Reward Tier Inflation

You are quite correct here and raise some good points.
    Originally posted by MadVicker View Post
    Now to the main point and what I'm trying to get at. Participation has increased so much over the past couple of years and yet the reward tiers to get an event Lt by being in the top XX number of people has stayed more or less the same. This means that the spending required to reach those tiers has also subsequently increased as competition for the limited number of places becomes fierce. This has the invariable effect of pricing out so many of the low to mid level spenders from even considering reaching those tiers.
    I would think for this current event for example that PA should have expanded the reward tiers by 2. Top 75 rewards should be for top 150, top 150 rewards should be for top 300. Player base is on the increase so it would make sense if the reward tiers were expanded a bit to reflect this. With the current setup, I agree that it's much more harder to get into required tiers.

Comment

• CapnCrunch
      Lackey
      • Jun 2014

Wah you guys cry too much. You get crazy good rewards just for participating because of the amount the big ballers spend. Obviously your not going to get in that top spot unless your willing to drop a good amount of money. I'm sure top 100 guys spend thousands. Get over it, it's a big baller game. Participate and you get the 45 scratchers, crate rolls, you name it that are rewarded to the community. Stop your crying.

Comment

• MadVicker
        Lackey
        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by CapnCrunch View Post
        I'm sure top 100 guys spend thousands.
        They wouldn't get the rewards if they didn't spend thousands. The small bands of the reward tiers force this scenario. That is my point. No crying involved.

I'm sure they would also like to receive the same rewards and spend less to get it, who wouldn't?

And I don't deny that they do hand out rewards to participants. This is especially true of the million man boss events, but they are not unique rewards. You don't need to do an event to be able to get scratchers, crate rolls and refills. Admittedly they are handed out in greater volume. But this is also freeloading off the big spenders, and I'm willing to bet they would appreciate everyone else spending a little more. This won't happen unless they're given a valid reason beyond the aforementioned scratchers, refills and crate rolls.

Comment

• CHFIII
          Enforcer
          • Apr 2015

To be fair, you can now get one copy of the event LT and another epic very predictably because there is a set number of points. That one change made events much more worthwhile because now you don't get the last dy frenzy to make rank and wind up just missing it after a big spend

It will take a lot of refills on my mini and mini mini (lvl500, lvl80) but my main has 1050 stam and 6k attack so it will be cheap to get there on points... before anyone complains that's unfair I spent a lot getting him to level 1350ish with good stats and lts

Comment

Working...
          X