Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Hitting down - NOT A Rant

  1. #1

    Hitting down - NOT A Rant

    At what point do you consider when someone is hitting down on you.

    Im currently lvl 125 (BSI) BR 13 and I get hit from 110-250. Every now and then its a Lvl 300-400.
    Its now been a few weeks since the PVP changes and everything has calmed down, I have only been beaten once and that was a lvl 300+

    Now I dont PVP much anymore as i dont aim to get BR 25+ and now consider BR to raise naturally as people lose, but I do get annoyed when a high lvl hits me, even if they loses.
    I dont see the point of hitting anyone lower than my lvl, even if they attack me and lose or win. Fair play to them.

    I see a few chancers lvl 200+ with BR 9-11 and lose. If I hit back its not much of a gain for me unless they are BR 12/13+. But everytime I see a 200, I say to myself. I should hit back farm to execution and teach them a lesson not to hit down.
    Eventually they will hit me back as im on their news feed and I hit back again.

    At what point would you consider a hit down? Currently got a lvl 157 hits me once a day and loses (Its good as he usually has cash. Got 500k on last bounce). Im hesitent if i should hit back.
    Also should I hit back to the 250+ with BR 9 to teach them a lesson.

    I have to mention i have 50 Stam.

  2. #2

    Consigliere Game Guru

    chelsea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,626

    Re: Hitting down - NOT A Rant

    As much as I hate everything to do with PvP in this game ( broken record ) and only do so for SP/ daily rewards sometimes or events, here is my take on this topic.

    Hitting down is a known fact in this game that players have asked PA to help control.

    We have level 1ks been farmed by level 4ks. We have players been attacked by others 200-4000 levels higher on a daily basis.

    Why do people do it? Some do for BP, some do for in game cash, some for the fun they get off of it.

    We have a ton of threads on this topic and if you browse through them you will see that there is no real solution unless you become the strongest player in this game ( which is current a guy that is 6000 levels high ).

    My advise? Ignore the hits and play the game as best you can.

  3. #3

    Re: Hitting down - NOT A Rant

    Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    As much as I hate everything to do with PvP in this game ( broken record ) and only do so for SP/ daily rewards sometimes or events, here is my take on this topic.

    Hitting down is a known fact in this game that players have asked PA to help control.

    We have level 1ks been farmed by level 4ks. We have players been attacked by others 200-4000 levels higher on a daily basis.

    Why do people do it? Some do for BP, some do for in game cash, some for the fun they get off of it.

    We have a ton of threads on this topic and if you browse through them you will see that there is no real solution unless you become the strongest player in this game ( which is current a guy that is 6000 levels high ).

    My advise? Ignore the hits and play the game as best you can.
    Exactly! There is no other way to look at it. The new BL could have addressed it and it actually made it worst as far as availability.

    I've given up on the argument. I know me and Chelsea see virtually eye to eye on the issue.

  4. #4

    Re: Hitting down - NOT A Rant

    There are many ways to play the game. I wouldn't be too concerned with level.
    Its so spread out because of BSI, LSI and Hybrid that its one of the worst ways to gauge a toon's strength. I have a level 650 Toon and I beat most level 900's consistently and I beat a 1630 the other day, My double+ LSI was level 1800 and could barely beat a 500. What does that tell you about level, lol.

    As a BSI you are sacrificing a lot of the game to bounce those big levels. So enjoy it.

  5. #5

    Re: Hitting down - NOT A Rant

    I have 2 mains, and several minis, the minis will be just eve walls when they grow up, just so we can get rid of the dead weight in the front line its not about the fun of the game for them.
    I will win 98% of attacks against me, just wanted to know if farming higher levels hitting down would make them think twice to hit down again. Therfore helping to stop hitting down in a small insiginifcant way.

  6. #6

    Re: Hitting down - NOT A Rant

    Quote Originally Posted by tha dude View Post
    There are many ways to play the game. I wouldn't be too concerned with level.
    Its so spread out because of BSI, LSI and Hybrid that its one of the worst ways to gauge a toon's strength. I have a level 650 Toon and I beat most level 900's consistently and I beat a 1630 the other day, My double+ LSI was level 1800 and could barely beat a 500. What does that tell you about level, lol.

    As a BSI you are sacrificing a lot of the game to bounce those big levels. So enjoy it.
    Exactly, lvl is not a gauge of strength. How can a level 500 with 100 attk be compared to a level 200 with 1500 attk? (Considering Lts are about the same). Controling lvl in pvp thus would undermine the freedome of SP usage at will.
    The easiest solution i can think of is to restrict cross PvP tier attacks, like players in Captain tier are allowed to attack only BR in Captain tier and so on. Once a player reaches next tier, he cant attack back. This would solve the problem.
    ⭐️SouthernStars⭐️

  7. #7

    Re: Hitting down - NOT A Rant

    I know quite a few guys who will go to whoever has hit down and farm that persons empire for a bit until they get their bp back, level is a indicator of a toons strength as it says how much that toon has access to skill point wise so they shouldn't be able to hit down that low as its obvious that the targets they choose couldn't fight back and thats why they do it.

  8. #8

    Re: Hitting down - NOT A Rant

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiaBoy View Post
    Exactly, lvl is not a gauge of strength. How can a level 500 with 100 attk be compared to a level 200 with 1500 attk? (Considering Lts are about the same). Controling lvl in pvp thus would undermine the freedome of SP usage at will.
    The easiest solution i can think of is to restrict cross PvP tier attacks, like players in Captain tier are allowed to attack only BR in Captain tier and so on. Once a player reaches next tier, he cant attack back. This would solve the problem.
    It's not about level meaning strength. It's competitive advantage. A toon that has hits down 1000 levels has a 5000 sp advantage over another toon MINIMUM. That doesn't include the chance game Lts, the SP from jobs, boss achievements, etc.

    There is a point where it has to matter. For instance look at it like this. We will ignore all other SP besides level.

    It would take 4000 sp for 2k energy and 1k stam. That's 800 levels. Now let's say someone put those same 4k of SP into defense. So they are magical albeit impossible both level 800 and have the same amount of SP.

    Now go another 800 levels. Now the LSI guy beats the other guy who is still creeping along at a much slower rate. I use to say it should be 200-300 levels both ways hitting up or down.

    Now I think it should be a % of your level say 20-25%.

    So if your rank 1000 you can hit down to 800-750 level and gain stats. Anything lower would mean nothing.

    No on wants removal of hits, but people are hot wiring and leeching BP off players that have no shot at fighting back.

    It leaves them in a bend over and take it state which allows for bully play because God forbid you message someone who hit down 1500 levels for BP and to Hotwire you, all they do is hit over and over.

    For someone investing money and moving up the ranks I know I would stop investing if my account became a punching bag for someone who I have no shot at beating.

    But again this falls on deaf ears because of the massive amount of LSI players in this game that want to hit down to get rank once they get 1000 atk.

    Have fun with that.

  9. #9
    Kingpin Dr death's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    2,076

    Re: Hitting down - NOT A Rant

    Sometimes a player just has excess stamina and is hitting low before leveling for those fighting achievements.

  10. #10

    Re: Hitting down - NOT A Rant

    But wouldent it be better if instead of lvl restrictions, tier restrictions are applied. Players in the same PvP tier would not be having crazy big difference of strength and levels most likely. Also biggest bullies would be in God tier hitting among themselves, leaving the lower level tiers alone.
    ⭐️SouthernStars⭐️

  11. #11

    Re: Hitting down - NOT A Rant

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiaBoy View Post
    But wouldent it be better if instead of lvl restrictions, tier restrictions are applied. Players in the same PvP tier would not be having crazy big difference of strength and levels most likely. Also biggest bullies would be in God tier hitting among themselves, leaving the lower level tiers alone.
    That's not why people go BSI. They do it to beat people there level. Not to fight higher level players.

    I don't know if there is a misunderstanding of why people go BSI. When I went that route I wanted to no lose to players hitting me. At that time the BL was within 100 levels of me as I was around 250 levels when I did it.

    Did I laugh when someone hit down 500 levels and lose? You bet I did because at that time they were empire shopping for easy wins and bounced. I never went looking for how high I can hit up.

  12. #12

    Re: Hitting down - NOT A Rant

    Acually Xcali1985. My main hit my minis for 0XP and 0BP.
    I can control them to be X at 25 HP and then main finishes them off.

    Was only for the execution methods. Wanted feed the fish. Now almost maxed at 100% except lethal injection and machete.
    If I had to X others and wasting alot of stam, I might not have done it.

    I have now decided that anyone bounces im going to hit back no matter the level or BR. Started adding a little stam on the side for it.

  13. #13

    Re: Hitting down - NOT A Rant

    Quote Originally Posted by PabloRSA View Post
    I have 2 mains, and several minis, the minis will be just eve walls when they grow up, just so we can get rid of the dead weight in the front line its not about the fun of the game for them.
    I will win 98% of attacks against me, just wanted to know if farming higher levels hitting down would make them think twice to hit down again. Therfore helping to stop hitting down in a small insiginifcant way.
    It'll make no difference. Level is meaningless. If they're hitting down they probably have high energy and stamina. People hit down when they think they won't win hitting up. They don't hit down to be a bully. You have 50 stamina... I have 1000.

  14. #14
    Thug Kid Clean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    119

    Re: Hitting down - NOT A Rant

    Christina is right...."Level is meaningless" Builds can be drastically different. Play the game as you wish and not worry about others.

  15. #15

    Re: Hitting down - NOT A Rant

    So during EvE it's ok for a lvl 2k to hit and kill me (lvl 383 let's say) to open building! But between hours of before and after EvE is peace time and should be honored? This is so a Rant!!!! Hit a way! Everyone has different build to fit their class!
    Last edited by Frogger; 02-28-2016 at 09:33 AM.

  16. #16
    Thug
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    110

    Re: Hitting down - NOT A Rant

    I usually define hitting down as when they hit you and they are too high to have you show up on their battle list.

    However, I don't think there is a problem with hitting down in the game. And I am a BSI on 2 of my 3 accounts, so I am very familiar with the issue. I had hit rank 22 by level 198, and got farmed ever since. I hit 24 by level 300, and am back and forth between 25 and 26 atm. All I can say is that its easy to demonize high levels that want BP, but its hard to say that you wouldn't do the same if you were in their position. My suggestion, if you can't handle getting hit, don't increase in rank. On my second account, I made sure not to hit 16 until level 200 when I knew I could handle players hitting me. And I didn't hit 19 until 300 on him so that he wouldn't get farmed as some of the lower level BSIs do. Its most important just to realize that its part of the game, and that the only way to control it is not to rank up.

  17. #17

    Re: Hitting down - NOT A Rant

    I farm the teams of people 500+ levels that hit down or people over 1000 that bounce on me.

  18. #18

    Re: Hitting down - NOT A Rant

    Hit and get hit.

    That's pretty much it.

    It's a war game. Do you think Grenada liked being invaded? How else do you think USA acquired Hawaii? j/s

  19. #19

    Re: Hitting down - NOT A Rant

    This is a game about hitting each other, you cannot cry for being hit... just take out your frustration and take back your BP on someone you can beat.
    Try to enjoy the game, anyway the Win/Loss record was completely rendered meaningless with the introduction of 80stam hits and full pulls.
    That's why many retired from PvP and are now hitting Bosses.
    Just do your BR27 on the last day of the month to get your 15SP and repeat the next month. The rest, enjoy bosses, they're pretty fun to hit

  20. #20

    Re: Hitting down - NOT A Rant

    Feed the fishes?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •