Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nerf Powershot

Re: Nerf Powershot

Quote Originally Posted by Massmurder View Post
    Funny. My loadout is Frank, Layla, morningstar, vigilante and Valkyrie. Not one critical chance or critical damage increase LT, yet I average 50K damage a war. Hmmmmm.......
    Which clues me in on you being a very high level with tons of attack hitting much lower levels. When fighting people that are close in power of you or more powerful, then your damage is severely decreased. Saying you need powerful lts doesn't really mean you need a lot of crit lts, but instead increasing your attack power to high levels so you can destroy your opponents by having a huge power gap.
    Last edited by genesiser; 03-06-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by genesiser View Post
    Which clues me in on you being a very high level with tons of attack hitting much lower levels. When fighting people that are close in power of you or more powerful, then your damage is severely decreased. Saying you need powerful lts doesn't really mean you need a lot of crit lts, but instead increasing your attack power to high levels so you can destroy your opponents by having a huge power gap.
    I'm level 1100 hitting 600-1200 levels. If I hit these so called level 100s I would average 70K easy

War right now hit lvl 892 heavy for 2901 damage. And that's after bulletproof kicked

Just killed someone from 4k health to dead with 3 tokens, they were one of those "low" level 1092 people y'all talk about

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Again, please kindly explain how those those small percentage base on skills alone can par with the 50% damage reduction by turtle 3? Lets not forget that if the titan is a small low level titans complaining about getting 1 shot by a level 2000+ ghost then that's the irony. Who is at fault ? The Powershot or the low level defender whining about it.

Like I've said, Ghosts NEEDS A VERY, VERY STRONG LTs COMBINED FOR IT TO BE STRONG and NOT TO just rely on AR alone unlike low fry titan who needs only turtle 3 to get that massive damage reduction. Also, lets not forget you have Six and Malina to further increase the damage reduction. If developers (PaBlam [lol]) decided to actually nerf ghost, I do expect you nerf other tier 2 classes as well.

If they don't, then stop whining and suck it up. I sucked it up with while hitting titans who's low level but with turtle 3 reducing my regular damage (as a reaper btw) by half.

PS -Incinerate will do shitty damage when you're hitting defenders with low health. The only thing that works wonders to bring Last stand enforcers to cap range is Impale. Get your facts right !

PSS - the fate of winning a war and losing a war is not decided by a single class alone, its based on eve team work.
    Instead of writing tons of words ..read what I have said. Not every class have turtle.

And read what massmurder has said about LTs.

Goon

Quote Originally Posted by Heineken View Post
    Instead of writing tons of words ..read what I have said. Not every class have turtle.
    And funny how someone who whines about Ghost 1 shots players write this in another thread which indirectly agreed to the point i'm making about ghosts needs Lts.

Ghost all the way because of the insane damage it can do on all classss. If you have right health, attack and LTs, ghost class is more fun than any class.
    ^

Oh the hypocrisy. Ha. Ha.

And funny how someone who whines about Ghost 1 shots players write this in another thread which indirectly agreed to the point i'm making about ghosts needs Lts.

^

Oh the hypocrisy. Ha. Ha.
    Well I can answer this and will do so, but such posts between us are of no help to community. Instead of being personal, try to counter the points that I made. That would be more useful for all.

Now response to this post of yours. I have accepted in this thread that ghost is deadly and I posted my counter response ONLY on the turtle thing which you(or some other ghost) has posted. The argument is like, since Titan has turtle, make ghost so overpowered that they can take up Titans. But by doing so, ghosts are killing one shot every class. That was my point. Please read it again.

If I am asked, what's the best class today, and if I feel that it's ghost. Then my answer would be Ghost. Why should my answer be any other class? And how does it makes me a hypocrite, not sure. Ghost is overpowered against most class and if somebody can afford to go to ghost way, he will end up having fun.

Consigliere Game Guru

Lets please make points without getting personal. Thank you.

Been reading alot of threads and I am yet to see any one that can convince me that the ghost class is not ridiculously OP, lol ( You guys should try been a Demo, ... the only class with no way to negate damage or counter attacks, even Reapers have Life drain, come on? ).

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    Lets please make points without getting personal. Thank you.

Been reading alot of threads and I am yet to see any one that can convince me that the ghost class is not ridiculously OP, lol ( You guys should try been a Demo, ... the only class with no way to negate damage or counter attacks, even Reapers have Life drain, come on? ).
    Demo Heavy (bulletproof) or demo terminator (nothing). Lol. Just asking

Consigliere Game Guru

Arnold of course ( terminator ) .
    Demo Heavy (bulletproof) or demo terminator (nothing). Lol. Just asking
    I am learning alot about tier 2 classes from reading forums and if nerfing a class will cause issues then how about the devs buff up other classes to counter skills like power shot rather than nerfing it? Titans can be said to have nano suit and turtle ( for those with enough CCs and level requirement ) and enforcers have deflect but not all class skills have a counter to another class.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    Arnold of course ( terminator ) .

I am learning alot about tier 2 classes from reading forums and if nerfing a class will cause issues then how about the devs buff up other classes to counter skills like power shot rather than nerfing it? Titans can be said to have nano suit and turtle ( for those with enough CCs and level requirement ) and enforcers have deflect but not all class skills have a counter to another class.
    I could get behind this for sure. Instead of nerfing ghosts bread and butter so to speak. Give the other classes some defensive love. When terminator was released I was so confused why not 1 skill was defensive. Even ghosts with their insane damage have dodge spree, and at level 3 you dodge a lot Including counter damage.

Not to disagree too much but it's nowhere near that little of chance for big hits. I know, I'm a ghost, 5k attack 7k health, I can go most of the war if not all with rush active. As long as deflect doesn't happen.

Just last war, waited the initial 15 mins, rush, opened a building with 8 tokens, already had 15 K damage, building down, next building killed all but 2 people with next 8 tokens. Buildings were nuke and Hq, that's 12 defenders with almost as many tokens.

Your also only taking powershot and accuracy into your equation. My initial shots are around 400. With precision at level 2, every victory my damage goes up by 4. Not much but after 20-30 tokens it's noticeable.

Start of war my shots are 400, on critical 600, powershot no rush 1200, powershot critical no rush 1800, normal critical with accuracy (level 2) 1800, powershot critical with accuracy 5400, now on rush, normal critical +40%= 840, powershot critical 2520, power shot critical plus accuracy 7560, not including precision stacking to add 10% per 10 tokens. By the end of the war my highest hit could be a theoretical 11340. Now when I have accuracy maxed, precision maxed and if hot shot procs, plus my LTs, it could be as high as 25000 if everything works perfectly.

And all this is against people within 200+- levels of me. Not just super low level targets. I know why everybody is switching to ghosts, it can get ridiculous.
    Thank you. This is what I'm seeing and why I started this thread. It's a bit silly.

So let me break this down.

Power shot at level 3 -> 20% chance to do 3x damage
    Accuracy level 3 -> 15% chance to do 4x critical damage

those are small numbers if you don't have the right lts in

Compared to Titan skill :

Turtle at level 3 -> 50% damage reduction ( AT A 100% PROC RATE ).

I don't get it, why are people complaining about ghost power shot and asking for it to be nerfed ?? Compared to turtle 50% damage reduction, I dont see how power shot should or needed to be nerfed. Again, Ghosts needs very,very strong Lt set up.

inb4turtlecomplains
    ....and you're incorrect about Titan. Yes, 100% Proc rate but its UP TO 50% damage, not 50% consistently. In reality, it rarely procs to 50%

Quote Originally Posted by Extinction View Post
    ....and you're incorrect about Titan. Yes, 100% Proc rate but its UP TO 50% damage, not 50% consistently. In reality, it rarely procs to 50%
    In reality it often proc against hard hitting ghosts. I believe any shot over 400-500 is neefed by 50%. On losses by minions, yes it seldom goes even up to 15-20%

In reality it often proc against hard hitting ghosts. I believe any shot over 400-500 is neefed by 50%. On losses by minions, yes it seldom goes even up to 15-20%
    Alexian was right, turtle activates full power at anything over 500. Ghosts, assassins cripple or frenzy, reapers precise blade, snipers on kill spree, people using red countess or just really strong toons will be the ones to most likely hit that threshold.

I don't get the Ghost hate. If you don't like taking the damage switch classes. I get people have different playing styles, but ghost takes a huge risk every time they hit an enforcer.

The classes are meant to counter a specific class. Not so they all play nice with each other. Assassins take more damage but they can finish off a target faster. Same with Reapers.

I think a lot of the gripe is that people want to be defenders for their empire which is nice, but they don't have the health to withstand some attacks.

Before the new classes came out, I was being hit on Killing Spree for 2-3k.

Turtle's 50% shielding helps a lot, but its no match to ghost's damage. Some high, smart, ghosts just wait for you to heal and immediately shoot you before you have time to get an armor. It usually takes only 2-3 hits to get you back to ex range and sort of wasting the heal (not even mentioning RC, 600 damage before turtle from an ok build ghost is just average). Yes, the ghost can deal huge damage with a single token. Must be that "whish what you don't have", but personally I think ghosts are way overpowered. And so were snipers before the second tier classes.
    However the difference in classes is, the community always complained about long wars. Now we want just to get them longer again?
    Last edited by alexian; 03-08-2016 at 09:03 AM.
    48BE8B

I dont understand this overpowerd powershot thing. Both teams got it. So both teams make big damage.

I'm going ghost. Just.completed enforcer. Why? Because the big damage lol.

The only thing I hate when im defending as enforcer. The people who lose against me with a high power shot.

So if it's going to nerfed.. make it a %change to activate on WIN only.

(Bulletproof doesn't work when a crit powershot comes in, saw nothing on warlog when new classes came out)
    Correct me if I'm wrong maby it's already been fixed.

what i think would help people is if you cant be killed by a OSK.
    I dont think this thread is about Nerf Powershot anymore, its more on ghosts itself over shadowing any other class. making it the must class and abandoning everything else such as trap/stim/demo to low lvl 50 minis. or noobs

No real thought went into this but....
    Need to have it so if you just healed you get a buff and if you get OSK or get OSK on 100% health, you stop at 200 health. Buff goes after 1 token is used on healer.
    This would stop a single overpowered ghost burning through all 10-15 HP as they will have to do 2 hits, or work with a team mate/mini to cap

Quote Originally Posted by PabloRSA View Post
    what i think would help people is if you cant be killed by a OSK.
    I dont think this thread is about Nerf Powershot anymore, its more on ghosts itself over shadowing any other class. making it the must class and abandoning everything else such as trap/stim/demo to low lvl 50 minis. or noobs

No real thought went into this but....
    Need to have it so if you just healed you get a buff and if you get OSK or get OSK on 100% health, you stop at 200 health. Buff goes after 1 token is used on healer.
    This would stop a single overpowered ghost burning through all 10-15 HP as they will have to do 2 hits, or work with a team mate/mini to cap
    I tend to agree with you about OSKs being the real problem and not powershot. I started playing as ghost a few days ago and powershot imo isnít as problematic as this thread seems to suggest. The underlying problem might be stacking powershot on top of adrenaline rush on top of accuracy on top of hot shot + high player attack + crit % and crit damage LTs. Now, thatís a lot of potential damage but also a lot of criteria to meet in order to produce massive hits.

I donít use any crit-related LTs and Iíve only had two hits greater than 1K+ damage these past few days and thatís only when I used adrenaline rush. Without AR, most of my powershot hits hover around 250-500. I also have accuracy 1 but thatís it. Thereís only a few toons (less than 5) in my empire that seem to be able to do OSKs on a semi-regular basis and these toons are also some of the biggest in our empire and use different crit-LT line-ups. Most of the time that these OSKs occur are on targets that are significantly weaker than these few hitters so damage delt was going to be higher regardless.

So, personally I find powershot and OSKs to be more annoying than anything but certainly not OP.
    Been here for a minute. Worn out.

cslovexhy

Lemme put it this way, never saw a ghost can OSK a similar level Titan. If the titan has 5k health, it is mostly probable the ghost need to spend 15+ tokens to take him down.
    Killing a non-Titan and much lower level is another story..

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I tend to agree with you about OSKs being the real problem and not powershot. I started playing as ghost a few days ago and powershot imo isn’t as problematic as this thread seems to suggest. The underlying problem might be stacking powershot on top of adrenaline rush on top of accuracy on top of hot shot + high player attack + crit % and crit damage LTs. Now, that’s a lot of potential damage but also a lot of criteria to meet in order to produce massive hits.

I don’t use any crit-related LTs and I’ve only had two hits greater than 1K+ damage these past few days and that’s only when I used adrenaline rush. Without AR, most of my powershot hits hover around 250-500. I also have accuracy 1 but that’s it. There’s only a few toons (less than 5) in my empire that seem to be able to do OSKs on a semi-regular basis and these toons are also some of the biggest in our empire and use different crit-LT line-ups. Most of the time that these OSKs occur are on targets that are significantly weaker than these few hitters so damage delt was going to be higher regardless.

So, personally I find powershot and OSKs to be more annoying than anything but certainly not OP.