Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nerf Powershot

Nerf Powershot

This is dumb, seriously. I have over 2500 defense (almost 3k relative defense) and I'm getting hit for over 4k regularly. The ability to do 10x the amount of damage on one shot REPEATEDLY is dumb...ruining this game.

I logged into a war and some guy had 20k damage in the first 10 tokens. That's just not right and it's ruining class balance.

Re: Nerf Powershot

+1.....

While I haven't seen many 4k hits, one has to ask...

Why be an assassin/reaper when other single token attacks reliably do more damage than any execute?
    Why be an enforcer/titan when despite much build-up, the offence is reliably > defense.
    Why use the damage of demo/terminator when a single token can do more damage than a full war's burn from one of the DoTs? (in most games DoTs do more overall damage, but the compromise it that it takes time to do it.)

In fact, it's hard to find a downside to Ghosts other than deflect (One skill alone can't establish checks and balances)

When you review these questions, and examine the power balance, you can understand why EvE is starting to look like Ghosts vs. Ghosts. The lack of diversity is becoming bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Nath View Post
    While I haven't seen many 4k hits, one has to ask...

Why be an assassin/reaper when other single token attacks reliably do more damage than any execute?
    Why be an enforcer/titan when despite much build-up, the offence is reliably > defense.
    Why use the damage of demo/terminator when a single token can do more damage than a full war's burn from one of the DoTs? (in most games DoTs do more overall damage, but the compromise it that it takes time to do it.)

In fact, it's hard to find a downside to Ghosts other than deflect (One skill alone can't establish checks and balances)

When you review these questions, and examine the power balance, you can understand why EvE is starting to look like Ghosts vs. Ghosts. The lack of diversity is becoming bland.
    Gotta agree it is ghost vs ghost now. They open buildings, not even able to leave decals as the kill I. So few shots.
    Bit-part low spender.

TERMINATORS RULE EvE.

Personal records in EvE
    Building damage record (non shields) 7,210
    Building damage record with shields 8,421
    Player damage 82,238

Here's a snap I took just yesterday. This is getting ridiculous...
    Milk.jpg

a) Stack Crit
    b) Power Shot away
    c) One shot Enforcers with 5k health.

Don't forget a ghosts accuracy skill is 4x critical damage at Max. So your talking 300-400 base 450-600 critical 900-1200 base powershot 1350-1600 powershot critical 5400-6400 powershot accuracy critical. Gets a little crazy. I've been on the receiving end as well as the giver. It's pretty unfair that one super strong ghost can completely drain another teams armor and health packs with 10-15 very lucky attacks. Those calculations were also not taking into consideration precision damage stacking, if the target is tagged, hot shot activating, LT damage boosts. Etc

War in this game has never been balanced, sadly. If you nerf Ghost's damage, people will ask for Titan's turtle to be nerfed. Stacking damage is what all of Ghost's skills are based on. If you want to get rid of that, then you are basically removing an entire class. What suggestions do you guys have?

Quote Originally Posted by TK Makto View Post
    What suggestions do you guys have?
    The only thing I could think of is how cripple, poison, plague, tag work. Make it so power shot has a less chance to activate on a loss. It doesn't stop big guys from killing a defender. But the little ghost suiciders that are hitting for 1K+ on a loss would slow down

Turtle 3 activates in full potential (50%) starting with an original hit of 500. 250 goes to damage, 250 is shielded.
    I am a Titan and I saw numerous instances when I have been 1 shot killed after a heal. I don't even count in Overkil...

Quote Originally Posted by alexian View Post
    Turtle 3 activates in full potential (50%) starting with an original hit of 500. 250 goes to damage, 250 is shielded.
    I am a Titan and I saw numerous instances when I have been 1 shot killed after a heal. I don't even count in Overkil...
    It works at 500? Does the damage threshold lower with turtle 3? My Titan is only turtle 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Massmurder View Post
    There is no strategy, just, is our teams killers bigger than your defenders. That's it. Before the new classes it was a team effort to get a defender to cap range, trap, cap, demo, rinse, repeat. Now it's heal, boom 2k critical, heal, boom 3500 critical, heal, armor, boom 1K then 2k, heal. Where's the team play?
    This.

There is no fun in a design that encourages token dumping without timing attacks with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Massmurder View Post
    It works at 500? Does the damage threshold lower with turtle 3? My Titan is only turtle 2.
    I do not know. I did not think so. I had Turtle 3 before it was introduced in war log.

i've only ever got a 5k hit once in all the time ive been a ghost so dont see the big deal about this, for that to happen all my skills and passives would need to proc at the same time and ive been a ghost for months now, my big hits are usually against smaller levels who dont have that kind of health anyways.

What I hate about this game is the randomness of how things work, good example 10 shots, nanosuit on every 2nd shot giving like 10 armor lol, lots dont make sense maths wise.
    Last edited by mr_teflon; 02-04-2016 at 01:45 PM.

Wish I had a SS for what happened to me last night.

- Was defending and sitting at just over 2k health with a fresh 800 AP.
    - nano suit (lvl 3) on a 3400 crit powershot. Yay!
    - overkill/crit powershot of 5200 (after Turtle 3 reduction).
    - dead. Boo.

In my empire, we generally don't trap or cap anymore as our ghosts just empty everything. All of our sins went reaper for plague and ambush/precise blade. Agree with the comments that ghosts have kind of killed the teamwork aspect of EvE. Not hating on them, but that's the reality.

It might be cause I'm the one spamming Heal/Armor. But I haven't seen a Crit Deflect lately. Can Deflects crit/overkill? I didn't see one in my 80 power shots absorbed today.

cslovexhy

From you SS I see the attack is actually winning against you, so, you are (maybe much) weaker than the attacker.

If you are the main defender in your empire and this happens, it means your empire is being matched against a too strong empire.

Your empire should have enough attackers to find out their attackers to make sure this doesn't happen, ghost is very weak in term of defense.

I do agree the matchmaking and ranking system needs to be improved, more close matches should be encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by cslovexhy View Post
    From you SS I see the attack is actually winning against you, so, you are (maybe much) weaker than the attacker.

If you are the main defender in your empire and this happens, it means your empire is being matched against a too strong empire.

Your empire should have enough attackers to find out their attackers to make sure this doesn't happen, ghost is very weak in term of defense.

I do agree the matchmaking and ranking system needs to be improved, more close matches should be encouraged.
    For the love of God the matchmaking sucks but if they are going to mess with it like they did PVP leave it alone forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks_CHAOS View Post
    It might be cause I'm the one spamming Heal/Armor. But I haven't seen a Crit Deflect lately. Can Deflects crit/overkill? I didn't see one in my 80 power shots absorbed today.
    There's a screen shot somewhere in the forums of a 7x overkill critical being deflected, I think it was 67000 damage or something ridiculous(glad ghosts don't have collapse as a skill) I'm pretty sure that enforcer was laughing his butt off.

Quote Originally Posted by alexian View Post
    I do not know. I did not think so. I had Turtle 3 before it was introduced in war log.
    I was checking the war that just finished. Lvl 700 Titan I was attacking for 400 or so on a base hit. He was only blocking 80+ damage. Maybe only turtle 1. Guess I'll watch more when my Titan gets attacked. And compare when I get turtle 3. Half way there😥

Ha-ha yay Milk made the forums! There are 2 fairly large ghosts in this empire. Sure they can rip through a building quick, but as others have stated, it just takes 1 bigger ghost to search them out and basically wipe out the attacks. Had it both ways, Had all my tokens spent (19) on 1 titan with AR and barley scratched the surface. I do agree some of the shots can be way over and above bit they rarely hit when needed. I've had 13k crits but they landed on someone with 1-2k health left. It's all RNG, and less based on skill now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks_CHAOS View Post
    Here's a snap I took just yesterday. This is getting ridiculous...
    Milk.jpg

a) Stack Crit
    b) Power Shot away
    c) One shot Enforcers with 5k health.