• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mr_teflon
    Lieutenant
    • May 2014

Re: Nerf Powershot

I think alot on this thread are higher legend who see this kind of stuff often and those empires are the minority of empires in the game, got to remember the majority of us dont have Lts like overkill to start of with so dont see this kind of damage setup, I'm nearly 1100 and have seen lower levels with overkill take off around 3000 of my health with a single shot but never 1 shot my 4100 health, now on the other end of it all I've seen toons double my level 1 shot me easily, think other factors behind the scenes that the developers will never tell us are at play here.

Comment

• Massmurder
      Consigliere
      • Sep 2015

Honestly, regardless of toon attack/defense/health/etc.....should one class really be able to empty entire buildings of defensive players by themselves?

Before ghost, sniper was the class for killers, then ghost was released and it was a major step up for single shot damage, then overkill was released and that's when people got upset it seems. Personally 3K shots are pretty normal, I've had multiple 10K+ criticals and an amazing 34K critical(still only accuracy2)

I've been in a couple wars now where I wait for rush then start firing away and can get through 8-10 defenders, if we have demo available 2 buildings can be down in minutes. And that's with just 1 ghost, we have 5-10 active ghosts and when we all get on a roll it can be pretty devastating to the opposing team. We've been floating around legend from top 10 to 100 so it's not just "oh we are big bullies in platinum league"

Comment

• Janus
        Enforcer
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by TheEternal View Post
        Okay, what are your stats? I mean I've seen 2k accounts with 13k defense get hit for 3k+ by a level 500 with a 3x overkill proc so maybe it's just you? Or maybe I've just seen more then most.
        I saw Overkill do that when she first came out--a 1k sniper one shot killed a level 5k on a loss. Not since they tweaked her and toned her down. I could care less if someone has OK if they bounce these days.

Comment

• TheEternal
          Brawler
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Janus View Post
          I saw Overkill do that when she first came out--a 1k sniper one shot killed a level 5k on a loss. Not since they tweaked her and toned her down. I could care less if someone has OK if they bounce these days.
          She proced on every hit back then and so getting bigger overkill chains was easier and i wouldnt have been surprised to have seen 100k plus hits consistently, i saw a screenshot of a ghost hitting for 273k the closest I've seen a sniper come to that was once with a 98k hit that deflected. (Lol) I constantly see ghosts hit for 4-7k against lvl 2k's and up, i was in an empire with a level 600 bsi, 4* overkill and he got atleast a 3k hit every war. His largest hit was a 12k hit on a titan twice his size (yes a titan with turtle lvl 3)

Comment

• acheter
            Lackey
            • Oct 2016

War right now hit lvl 892 heavy for 2901 damage. And that's after bulletproof kicked
            Last edited by acheter; 01-20-2018, 05:03 PM.
            toilet brand guide

Comment

• Sticks_CHAOS
              Brawler
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by mr_teflon View Post
              I think alot on this thread are higher legend who see this kind of stuff often and those empires are the minority of empires in the game,
              Yes, you are correct. Right now I'm a front line defender in an empire that's been top 75 EVE for over a year. As the "sacrificial lamb" in the front row, I'm sitting at about 3400 defense with about 8K health. I get pummeled by Powershot. Typically, I defend the building for about 15 minutes, then hope that I get to deflect at least one or two of the incoming shots at the 15 minute mark when 3 or 4 of the opposition his their rush. If I do it right and get good RNG, I take as many armor packs as the opposing players take due to deflect. I take the initial power shot rush (maybe 10-15 of them) before the building falls so that the big defenders behind me can start near fresh in their defense of a decent building with a trickle in power shot as opposed to a rush.

I started this thread months ago...It's now more of something I deal with now on a regular basis rather than a "complaint". Honestly, without it, some Titans with Scythe could be near impossible to kill. I've seen it.

Comment

• joetaxi
                Goon
                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Sticks_CHAOS View Post
                It's now more of something I deal with now on a regular basis rather than a "complaint". Honestly, without it, some Titans with Scythe could be near impossible to kill. I've seen it.
                Yes, in some situations, when bumped into big empires after a good run, even taking 1 building is almost impossible. Big titan in each, tons of health, can't win, then it's dead end. They take no damage and get armour. So it is good to do big hit on a loss to help take them down.

Comment

Working...
                X