Nerf Powershot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nerf Powershot

From you SS I see the attack is actually winning against you, so, you are (maybe much) weaker than the attacker.

If you are the main defender in your empire and this happens, it means your empire is being matched against a too strong empire.

Your empire should have enough attackers to find out their attackers to make sure this doesn't happen, ghost is very weak in term of defense.

I do agree the matchmaking and ranking system needs to be improved, more close matches should be encouraged.

Comment

• Xcali1985
      Head Boss
      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by cslovexhy View Post
      From you SS I see the attack is actually winning against you, so, you are (maybe much) weaker than the attacker.

If you are the main defender in your empire and this happens, it means your empire is being matched against a too strong empire.

Your empire should have enough attackers to find out their attackers to make sure this doesn't happen, ghost is very weak in term of defense.

I do agree the matchmaking and ranking system needs to be improved, more close matches should be encouraged.
      For the love of God the matchmaking sucks but if they are going to mess with it like they did PVP leave it alone forever.

Comment

• Massmurder
        Consigliere
        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Sticks_CHAOS View Post
        It might be cause I'm the one spamming Heal/Armor. But I haven't seen a Crit Deflect lately. Can Deflects crit/overkill? I didn't see one in my 80 power shots absorbed today.
        There's a screen shot somewhere in the forums of a 7x overkill critical being deflected, I think it was 67000 damage or something ridiculous(glad ghosts don't have collapse as a skill) I'm pretty sure that enforcer was laughing his butt off.

Comment

• Massmurder
          Consigliere
          • Sep 2015

Originally posted by alexian View Post
          I do not know. I did not think so. I had Turtle 3 before it was introduced in war log.
          I was checking the war that just finished. Lvl 700 Titan I was attacking for 400 or so on a base hit. He was only blocking 80+ damage. Maybe only turtle 1. Guess I'll watch more when my Titan gets attacked. And compare when I get turtle 3. Half way there😥

Comment

• Blindaxs
            Banned
            • May 2015

Ha-ha yay Milk made the forums! There are 2 fairly large ghosts in this empire. Sure they can rip through a building quick, but as others have stated, it just takes 1 bigger ghost to search them out and basically wipe out the attacks. Had it both ways, Had all my tokens spent (19) on 1 titan with AR and barley scratched the surface. I do agree some of the shots can be way over and above bit they rarely hit when needed. I've had 13k crits but they landed on someone with 1-2k health left. It's all RNG, and less based on skill now.

Originally posted by Sticks_CHAOS View Post
            Here's a snap I took just yesterday. This is getting ridiculous...
            [ATTACH]4210[/ATTACH]

a) Stack Crit
            b) Power Shot away
            c) One shot Enforcers with 5k health.

Comment

• Extinction
              Goon
              • Dec 2015

I agree it's ridiculously overpowered. Ghost has essentially nerfed the hell out of the 2 def classes. 2k attack on a ghost demolishes 2k def on an enforcer/ Titan. Seen it again and again. Deflect doesn't activate enough to make it a fair fight and Titan doesn't Turtle enough where you don't die from 1 token.

Comment

• Massmurder
                Consigliere
                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Extinction View Post
                I agree it's ridiculously overpowered. Ghost has essentially nerfed the hell out of the 2 def classes. 2k attack on a ghost demolishes 2k def on an enforcer/ Titan. Seen it again and again. Deflect doesn't activate enough to make it a fair fight and Titan doesn't Turtle enough where you don't die from 1 token.
                It's love hate for me. My main switched to ghost, can clear a whole bunker with good criticals and luck being on my side.

I have some minis, 1 is level 550 Titan, 9k health, turtle 3, nano 3. Has died in 10 tokens from other teams ghost. Granted not very high defense yet, but dam.

Other mini is level 280 enforcer maxed deflect, level 2 jugg, 6200 health or 11200 with jugg, has died in 5 or less cause no turtle to cut damage down,or as many as15-20 while also taking some other enemies out.

Comment

• Valkyrie
                  Goon
                  • Jan 2014

So let me break this down.

Power shot at level 3 -> 20% chance to do 3x damage
                  Accuracy level 3 -> 15% chance to do 4x critical damage

those are small numbers if you don't have the right lts in

Compared to Titan skill :

Turtle at level 3 -> 50% damage reduction ( AT A 100% PROC RATE ).

I don't get it, why are people complaining about ghost power shot and asking for it to be nerfed ?? Compared to turtle 50% damage reduction, I dont see how power shot should or needed to be nerfed. Again, Ghosts needs very,very strong Lt set up.

inb4turtlecomplains
                  Last edited by Valkyrie; 03-04-2016, 01:39 AM.

Comment

• Heineken
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Valkyrie View Post

I don't get it, why are people complaining about ghost power shot and asking for it to be nerfed ?? Compared to turtle 50% damage reduction, I dont see how power shot should or needed to be nerfed. Again, Ghosts needs very,very strong Lt set up.

inb4turtlecomplains
                    It's not like that you hit only Titan. Not all class have turtle.

I am sure in the next lag they would give some buff to Titan or enforcers and I would love to see ghosts reaction on that.

Comment

• 93Tucker
                      Goon
                      • Mar 2016

Ghost has a 15% chance at 4x damage
                      Titan has 100% chance of reducing damage by half, also has a 15% chance of taking no damage and turning 10% of the damage you would have taken to armour

Comment

• Valkyrie
                        Goon
                        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Heineken View Post
                        It's not like that you hit only Titan. Not all class have turtle.

I am sure in the next lag they would give some buff to Titan or enforcers and I would love to see ghosts reaction on that.
                        ^
                        If you actually read up (which you probably didn't), the ones that actually wrote about getting 1 shot by Ghosts are playing Titans. So why are you even talking about Ghosts hitting other classes when the one that talks about getting 1 shot are actually Titans.

Also, read this

Originally posted by 93Tucker View Post
                        Ghost has a 15% chance at 4x damage
                        Titan has 100% chance of reducing damage by half, also has a 15% chance of taking no damage and turning 10% of the damage you would have taken to armour

Comment

• Massmurder
                          Consigliere
                          • Sep 2015

inb4turtlecomplains
                          I have both classes.

yes turtle does cut damage in half, but a shot of 5K+ cut in half still kills most people. I know what people are complaining about, 1 or 2 strong ghosts can destroy another teams defense. LTs help, but adrenaline rush is where all the critical% and damage come in. In my war loadout I use no extra critical LTs, and usually every 3-4 shots I get one that is ridiculous in damage.

I also know where ghosts are coming from, saying turtle sucks, deflect sucks, it sucks wasting tokens being deflected(killing yourself) or smaller shots being reduced to 200-300 damage and seeming like it takes tons of tokens to kill a Titan.

Comment

• Heineken
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2016

^
                            If you actually read up (which you probably didn't), the ones that actually wrote about getting 1 shot by Ghosts are playing Titans. So why are you even talking about Ghosts hitting other classes when the one that talks about getting 1 shot are actually Titans.

Also, read this
                            I read that before saying what I did. But forums and threads on it do not restrict expanding the area of discussion. Titans are supposed to be defenders and they have powers to defend themselves up to a good extent when get attacked. However, Eve is not only between Titans and ghosts, there are other classes who play this game and they also get affected by a particular class power. Titan can soak 50% but is it fair to hit and kill other classes in one shot? That's the point I was trying to make.

I have seen numerous posts by snipers on deflect proc rate in last 2 years, and there have been a lot of debate over killing spree vs. Deflect in past. This time it's a debate over ghost power vs. The ability to soak a big % of the crit hit. There's a difference this time. Titan can only delay the death now with turtle n nanosuit. They have vengeance but by the time you get 200 tokens absorbed to unleash it's full potential, you would already consume majority of armors and low down your building health (thanks to the last update of booby getting off on armors too). With plague, suppress and ghost tag, opponents can make a mockery of healing with overkill n AR hits. Enforcers are even in worse situation. Their LS can completely screwed up with a timely n coordinated impale, incernate and reapers cap.

To cut the post short - game mechanics have changed in a way that it's almost impossible ( for majority of defenders) to hold buildings for very long time. And count of ghosts (not Titan or enforcers) now decide the fate of the game. Is it good or bad? Good that a single class can't decide the fate by holding a building for a longer part of a war. Bad that ankther single class can decide the fate of war. Good that they put tons of shields in place first, else the wars could have been made shorter than ever by ghosts.

Comment

• mr_teflon
                              Lieutenant
                              • May 2014

I thought alot of these changes to the game were to make wars not last as longer anways, again I will repeat I am ghost and never have one shotted a titan ever lol or come close to it, only time I can one shot another players is if they are lower level than me e.g i'm 1000 and I attack a level 100 good chance I will overkill him/her with 2000 to 3000 damage with adrenaline rush which is pointless anyways as they didn't have that kind of health to start off with, I've been one shotted before many times by other ghosts but again they were nearly double my level so its to be expected.

Comment

• PabloRSA
                                Thug
                                • Oct 2015

I was looking to go ghost for my empire as im dmg dealer and recently updated the wiki with info while i was at it.
                                I noticed something, may have been mentioned but i havent read every reply.

Adrenalin shot +40% critical chance
                                Adrenalin shot +40% Damage
                                ghost tag 3 - 15% extra damage
                                Accuracy 3 15% to do 4x dmg
                                Precision 3 - 1.5% base damage per shot on win. NO CAP AS FAR AS I CAN SEE, from info (Reality this is 2% on a critical)
                                Ghost Hunter - 6% to decrease defence

Powershot 3 - 20% x3
                                Piercing Shot 3 - 75%??? extra damage against target

Ok lets assume all maxed at lvl 3 you in platinum league lvl 1000 against lvl 300-500s

Trigger adrenalin after 15 minutes, that leaves you 15 tokens (base 10 + Arm lvl 4), (No gunslinger) and that 40% before its even started, plus the bonus the class naturally gets. I will say 10%, so a 50/50 to trigger critical.
                                If you ghost tag all in bunker first so 8 defenders. thats 8 tokens used each all now have 15% chance of more damage and a decrease of 6% defence, (say -100/200 defence).

Now does ghost tag count as a win for precision???? If so that an automatic +12% increase to base damage or x1.5 for critical (extra +18% on critical) Im going to say yes unless proven otherwise as using a skill is an attack.

Attack the small easy guy, using power shot, you have +50% critical chance (assume not crit LTs) with critcal damage of (+40%, +18%, +15%(+73%)) as critical is x1.5 thats 223% damage. And then you have 20% to x3 that 223% to 669%

Assume they have armour instead.... or even titan with turtle.
                                You would use pircing shot instead. again same critcal change 50% with damage of 73%, but now you have an extra 50/75% damage becuase they are wearing armour. thats a 298% boost in critcal damage.

The reason I said attack the small guy first, well that increase base damage by 1.5% each token, so by then end of the 15 tokens, you would have gained 22.5% damage to base or (33.75% on critical). By the end of 25 tokes you would have 37% base damage which is the same as a maxed reaper and they have to spend 10 tokes to get max and use precise blade which uses 2 tokes and waiting 5 mins takes forever in a close game.

Dont forget accuracy 15% chance to 4x dmg.

Now i know my calculations WILL BE WRONG to a degree, as no one acually know how its calculated or the % is acually added together, but that gives you a rough idea why other class are crying when all they get is max 40% extra on fury every 5 tokens and only on execute for example.

Look at the % involved that add is way more than any of the 4 basic class can handle, the only one that stands a chance is titan or enforcer if they get a deflect and thats if you dont have a reaper mini that plagues the enforcer before hand to reduce the chance. Titan, has it bad against ghost due to pircing shot.
                                Get a small mini to take a loss hit and get turtle to add armour even 1 armour and then ghost get a 75% bonus.

Finally, dont forget this is not including any LTs. If you add overkill and she procs or %crit chance Lts, you can guarentee to demolish an entire bunker. Add 5* reaper from scratcher and you wont lose health.
                                Dont forget that the sniper tower also adds a bonus damage to the ghost if placed under there and the empire upgrades such as attack lvl 5.

Do i stay reaper (havent invested any skills yet) or switch to ghost, have enough to unlock.... ummm tough choice.
                                Unfortunatly I need decap aswell, sometimes im the only one on in the morning (curse of a USA empire and being Uk).
                                However withe the massive overpowered damage I wont need decap????

* Hides under the anti flame table *

Comment

Working...
                                X