• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heineken
    Banned
    • Feb 2016

Re: Nerf Powershot

Originally posted by PabloRSA View Post
    I was looking to go ghost for my empire as im dmg dealer and recently updated the wiki with info while i was at it.
    I noticed something, may have been mentioned but i havent read every reply.

Adrenalin shot +40% critical chance
    Adrenalin shot +40% Damage
    ghost tag 3 - 15% extra damage
    Accuracy 3 15% to do 4x dmg
    Precision 3 - 1.5% base damage per shot on win. NO CAP AS FAR AS I CAN SEE, from info (Reality this is 2% on a critical)
    Ghost Hunter - 6% to decrease defence

Powershot 3 - 20% x3
    Piercing Shot 3 - 75%??? extra damage against target

Ok lets assume all maxed at lvl 3 you in platinum league lvl 1000 against lvl 300-500s

Trigger adrenalin after 15 minutes, that leaves you 15 tokens (base 10 + Arm lvl 4), (No gunslinger) and that 40% before its even started, plus the bonus the class naturally gets. I will say 10%, so a 50/50 to trigger critical.
    If you ghost tag all in bunker first so 8 defenders. thats 8 tokens used each all now have 15% chance of more damage and a decrease of 6% defence, (say -100/200 defence).

Now does ghost tag count as a win for precision???? If so that an automatic +12% increase to base damage or x1.5 for critical (extra +18% on critical) Im going to say yes unless proven otherwise as using a skill is an attack.

Attack the small easy guy, using power shot, you have +50% critical chance (assume not crit LTs) with critcal damage of (+40%, +18%, +15%(+73%)) as critical is x1.5 thats 223% damage. And then you have 20% to x3 that 223% to 669%

Assume they have armour instead.... or even titan with turtle.
    You would use pircing shot instead. again same critcal change 50% with damage of 73%, but now you have an extra 50/75% damage becuase they are wearing armour. thats a 298% boost in critcal damage.

The reason I said attack the small guy first, well that increase base damage by 1.5% each token, so by then end of the 15 tokens, you would have gained 22.5% damage to base or (33.75% on critical). By the end of 25 tokes you would have 37% base damage which is the same as a maxed reaper and they have to spend 10 tokes to get max and use precise blade which uses 2 tokes and waiting 5 mins takes forever in a close game.

Dont forget accuracy 15% chance to 4x dmg.

Now i know my calculations WILL BE WRONG to a degree, as no one acually know how its calculated or the % is acually added together, but that gives you a rough idea why other class are crying when all they get is max 40% extra on fury every 5 tokens and only on execute for example.

Look at the % involved that add is way more than any of the 4 basic class can handle, the only one that stands a chance is titan or enforcer if they get a deflect and thats if you dont have a reaper mini that plagues the enforcer before hand to reduce the chance. Titan, has it bad against ghost due to pircing shot.
    Get a small mini to take a loss hit and get turtle to add armour even 1 armour and then ghost get a 75% bonus.

Finally, dont forget this is not including any LTs. If you add overkill and she procs or %crit chance Lts, you can guarentee to demolish an entire bunker. Add 5* reaper from scratcher and you wont lose health.
    Dont forget that the sniper tower also adds a bonus damage to the ghost if placed under there and the empire upgrades such as attack lvl 5.

Do i stay reaper (havent invested any skills yet) or switch to ghost, have enough to unlock.... ummm tough choice.
    Unfortunatly I need decap aswell, sometimes im the only one on in the morning (curse of a USA empire and being Uk).
    However withe the massive overpowered damage I wont need decap????

* Hides under the anti flame table *
    Well put.. thats how I feel about Gosts

Comment

• genesiser
      Thug
      • Oct 2014

You guys make it sound like ghosts are getting super high damage shots on every hit. This isn't the reality...

Let's say you get 50 tokens off in a war.

Out of those 50, 50*.2 = 10 shots on average will be power shot. It sounds like a lot, but keep in mind that if someone is around your level, your base damage will be ~300, so 10 shots will be 900 dmg. (of course if you drastically outpower your opponent it'll be much higher).

Now, let's assume you have adrenaline rush with 6k hp so every shot you do will have adrenaline rush active (this is rarely the case and in reality most ghosts have enough hp for ~25 shots, but for arguments sake, lets say every shot will have it).
      This means out of your 10 shots that have power shot, 6 of them will do 900*1.4 dmg (140% dmg) which is 1260 dmg.
      Now, out of those shots, 15% will be 4x dmg, so 6*.15 = 1 shot that will do 5k dmg. This of course is assuming there is no turtle, no dodge, no deflect, and no nanaosuit proc.

Comment

• Heineken
        Banned
        • Feb 2016

Originally posted by genesiser View Post
        You guys make it sound like ghosts are getting super high damage shots on every hit. This isn't the reality...

Out of those 50, 50*.2 = 10 shots on average will be power shot. It sounds like a lot, but keep in mind that if someone is around your level, your base damage will be ~300, so 10 shots will be 900 dmg. (of course if you drastically outpower your opponent it'll be much higher).

Now, let's assume you have adrenaline rush with 6k hp so every shot you do will have adrenaline rush active (this is rarely the case and in reality most ghosts have enough hp for ~25 shots, but for arguments sake, lets say every shot will have it).
        This means out of your 10 shots that have power shot, 6 of them will do 900*1.4 dmg (140% dmg) which is 1260 dmg.
        Now, out of those shots, 15% will be 4x dmg, so 6*.15 = 1 shot that will do 5k dmg. This of course is assuming there is no turtle, no dodge, no deflect, and no nanaosuit proc.
        Just go in any random like rooms and ask for some decent hit screenshots and see it yourself. Every ghost would post some brag pics. That's reality. Not your math.

Comment

• Massmurder
          Consigliere
          • Sep 2015

Not to disagree too much but it's nowhere near that little of chance for big hits. I know, I'm a ghost, 5k attack 7k health, I can go most of the war if not all with rush active. As long as deflect doesn't happen.

Just last war, waited the initial 15 mins, rush, opened a building with 8 tokens, already had 15 K damage, building down, next building killed all but 2 people with next 8 tokens. Buildings were nuke and Hq, that's 12 defenders with almost as many tokens.

Your also only taking powershot and accuracy into your equation. My initial shots are around 400. With precision at level 2, every victory my damage goes up by 4. Not much but after 20-30 tokens it's noticeable.

Start of war my shots are 400, on critical 600, powershot no rush 1200, powershot critical no rush 1800, normal critical with accuracy (level 2) 1800, powershot critical with accuracy 5400, now on rush, normal critical +40%= 840, powershot critical 2520, power shot critical plus accuracy 7560, not including precision stacking to add 10% per 10 tokens. By the end of the war my highest hit could be a theoretical 11340. Now when I have accuracy maxed, precision maxed and if hot shot procs, plus my LTs, it could be as high as 25000 if everything works perfectly.

And all this is against people within 200+- levels of me. Not just super low level targets. I know why everybody is switching to ghosts, it can get ridiculous.

Comment

• Eris667
            Brawler
            • Jun 2015

I don't like the idea of nerfing PowerShot - people invested a lot of time and money to develop those accounts... (I am not a Ghost)
            BUT I would be supportive of double or triple the proc rate for dodge, deflect and turtle (ect.) to help counter the large amount of damage (just an idea)
            Last edited by Eris667; 03-05-2016, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Massmurder
              Consigliere
              • Sep 2015

People may have invested time and money true. But them changing splash to wake everyone, messed up opportunist and ambush, and everyone just told reapers and sins to quit crying.

The only problem with increasing % on dodge, deflect and nano suit is that everybody would be affected by that, not just ghosts.

Comment

• Eris667
                Brawler
                • Jun 2015

I didn't agree with those changes either, but you are correct a precedent has been set
                I just "think" a balance can be had without "nerfing" a play style (I could be wrong)

If Ghost is "the" class to be, then the other classes need to be adjusted to be equally desirable, or to have the ability to counter

Comment

• Massmurder
                  Consigliere
                  • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Eris667 View Post
                  I didn't agree with those changes either, but you are correct a precedent has been set
                  I just "think" a balance can be had without "nerfing" a play style (I could be wrong)

If Ghost is "the" class to be, then the other classes need to be adjusted to be equally desirable, or to have the ability to counter
                  Totally agree. Considering I am a ghost, I wouldn't want it being nerfed, I'm just stating what I see first hand playing as the class everyone hates on. I understand why everyone says ghost is overpowered. Some wars if the other team has someone that's 500-1000 levels ahead of me, I'll armor up, and hope I get one of the ridiculous shots to kill them, sometimes it happens, sometimes I eat 3 armors since I'm taking defeats. Any other class attacking and taking defeats will most of the time suicide in the process.

As for defensive skills, sins have payback, sniper/ghost have dodge, heavies have bulletproof, Titan has turtle and nano, enforcers have adaptation and deflect, where terminators and reapers kinda get shafted, easy killing them since they have no counter moves.

I have no idea how it could be made fair to all. Since there would have to be major changes to classes to make up for the damage ghosts do.

Comment

• Valkyrie
                    Goon
                    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Heineken View Post
                    I read that before saying what I did. But forums and threads on it do not restrict expanding the area of discussion. Titans are supposed to be defenders and they have powers to defend themselves up to a good extent when get attacked. However, Eve is not only between Titans and ghosts, there are other classes who play this game and they also get affected by a particular class power. Titan can soak 50% but is it fair to hit and kill other classes in one shot? That's the point I was trying to make.

I have seen numerous posts by snipers on deflect proc rate in last 2 years, and there have been a lot of debate over killing spree vs. Deflect in past. This time it's a debate over ghost power vs. The ability to soak a big % of the crit hit. There's a difference this time. Titan can only delay the death now with turtle n nanosuit. They have vengeance but by the time you get 200 tokens absorbed to unleash it's full potential, you would already consume majority of armors and low down your building health (thanks to the last update of booby getting off on armors too). With plague, suppress and ghost tag, opponents can make a mockery of healing with overkill n AR hits. Enforcers are even in worse situation. Their LS can completely screwed up with a timely n coordinated impale, incernate and reapers cap.

To cut the post short - game mechanics have changed in a way that it's almost impossible ( for majority of defenders) to hold buildings for very long time. And count of ghosts (not Titan or enforcers) now decide the fate of the game. Is it good or bad? Good that a single class can't decide the fate by holding a building for a longer part of a war. Bad that ankther single class can decide the fate of war. Good that they put tons of shields in place first, else the wars could have been made shorter than ever by ghosts.
                    Again, please kindly explain how those those small percentage base on skills alone can par with the 50% damage reduction by turtle 3? Lets not forget that if the titan is a small low level titans complaining about getting 1 shot by a level 2000+ ghost then that's the irony. Who is at fault ? The Powershot or the low level defender whining about it.

Like I've said, Ghosts NEEDS A VERY, VERY STRONG LTs COMBINED FOR IT TO BE STRONG and NOT TO just rely on AR alone unlike low fry titan who needs only turtle 3 to get that massive damage reduction. Also, lets not forget you have Six and Malina to further increase the damage reduction. If developers (PaBlam [lol]) decided to actually nerf ghost, I do expect you nerf other tier 2 classes as well.

If they don't, then stop whining and suck it up. I sucked it up with while hitting titans who's low level but with turtle 3 reducing my regular damage (as a reaper btw) by half.

PS -Incinerate will do shitty damage when you're hitting defenders with low health. The only thing that works wonders to bring Last stand enforcers to cap range is Impale. Get your facts right !

PSS - the fate of winning a war and losing a war is not decided by a single class alone, its based on eve team work.
                    Last edited by Valkyrie; 03-06-2016, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Massmurder
                      Consigliere
                      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Valkyrie View Post
                      Like I've said, Ghosts NEEDS A VERY, VERY STRONG LTs COMBINED FOR IT TO BE STRONG and NOT TO just rely on AR alone
                      Funny. My loadout is Frank, Layla, morningstar, vigilante and Valkyrie. Not one critical chance or critical damage increase LT, yet I average 50K damage a war. Hmmmmm.......

Comment

• genesiser
                        Thug
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Massmurder View Post
                        Funny. My loadout is Frank, Layla, morningstar, vigilante and Valkyrie. Not one critical chance or critical damage increase LT, yet I average 50K damage a war. Hmmmmm.......
                        Which clues me in on you being a very high level with tons of attack hitting much lower levels. When fighting people that are close in power of you or more powerful, then your damage is severely decreased. Saying you need powerful lts doesn't really mean you need a lot of crit lts, but instead increasing your attack power to high levels so you can destroy your opponents by having a huge power gap.
                        Last edited by genesiser; 03-06-2016, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Massmurder
                          Consigliere
                          • Sep 2015

Which clues me in on you being a very high level with tons of attack hitting much lower levels. When fighting people that are close in power of you or more powerful, then your damage is severely decreased. Saying you need powerful lts doesn't really mean you need a lot of crit lts, but instead increasing your attack power to high levels so you can destroy your opponents by having a huge power gap.
                          I'm level 1100 hitting 600-1200 levels. If I hit these so called level 100s I would average 70K easy

War right now hit lvl 892 heavy for 2901 damage. And that's after bulletproof kicked

Comment

• Massmurder
                            Consigliere
                            • Sep 2015

Just killed someone from 4k health to dead with 3 tokens, they were one of those "low" level 1092 people y'all talk about

Comment

• Heineken
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Valkyrie View Post
                              Again, please kindly explain how those those small percentage base on skills alone can par with the 50% damage reduction by turtle 3? Lets not forget that if the titan is a small low level titans complaining about getting 1 shot by a level 2000+ ghost then that's the irony. Who is at fault ? The Powershot or the low level defender whining about it.

Like I've said, Ghosts NEEDS A VERY, VERY STRONG LTs COMBINED FOR IT TO BE STRONG and NOT TO just rely on AR alone unlike low fry titan who needs only turtle 3 to get that massive damage reduction. Also, lets not forget you have Six and Malina to further increase the damage reduction. If developers (PaBlam [lol]) decided to actually nerf ghost, I do expect you nerf other tier 2 classes as well.

If they don't, then stop whining and suck it up. I sucked it up with while hitting titans who's low level but with turtle 3 reducing my regular damage (as a reaper btw) by half.

PS -Incinerate will do shitty damage when you're hitting defenders with low health. The only thing that works wonders to bring Last stand enforcers to cap range is Impale. Get your facts right !

PSS - the fate of winning a war and losing a war is not decided by a single class alone, its based on eve team work.
                              Instead of writing tons of words ..read what I have said. Not every class have turtle.

And read what massmurder has said about LTs.

Comment

• Valkyrie
                                Goon
                                • Jan 2014

Instead of writing tons of words ..read what I have said. Not every class have turtle.
                                And funny how someone who whines about Ghost 1 shots players write this in another thread which indirectly agreed to the point i'm making about ghosts needs Lts.

Ghost all the way because of the insane damage it can do on all classss. If you have right health, attack and LTs, ghost class is more fun than any class.
                                ^

Oh the hypocrisy. Ha. Ha.

Comment

Working...
                                X