• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe404
    Goon
    • Jan 2016

Sniper - Crit chance not working properly

I'm not the only one to notice this, other snipers in my empire are having the same problem and I've spoken to many others who think the same.

Something has changed with Crit chance and killing spree. I used to be able to get KS going every war and it would last until I die, but now it hardly ever happens. With my skills, insignia and LT's I should have either 35.66% or 39.66% Crit rate (depending which LT's I have equipped). That should equate to over 1 in 3 hits landing a critical, however this doesn't happen. In almost every war for weeks I'm lucky to land 2 or 3 crits, on the rare occasions I get two in a row then killing spree only lasts for a maximum of 3 hits then I lose it.

This is a massive difference to previously, where about 1 in 3 hits would be a critical which is what's expected. Whatever you have changed has made sniper skills almost worthless, and my 3* Overkill that I spent a lot of money to get is completely useless to me.

Please can we have an explanation on this and can you let us know if/when it is going to be fixed?

Many thanks.
  • Killeak
    Lackey
    • Dec 2013

Re: Sniper - Crit chance not working properly

I feel I should have more crits withmy Ghost. Just now I used 18 toks and got 1 crit. With ghost skill +Lt +insigna Im at ~45% Crit chanse.

Comment

• tha dude
      Lieutenant
      • Feb 2014

It happens every couple months. Usually lasts a couple days. I have no idea why but its not just RNG. Maybe to induce panic and get you to buy more crit LTs or get more insignias. The last two days I have got one KS doing three wars a day, I usually get one within my first 10 tokens. Just ride it out.
      Things were normal this morning tho, hopefully its over.

Comment

After whatever change made on Crit and KS, I got KS a lot easier. Just my case.

Comment

• Skuby
          Lackey
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Joe404 View Post
          I'm not the only one to notice this, other snipers in my empire are having the same problem and I've spoken to many others who think the same.

Something has changed with Crit chance and killing spree. I used to be able to get KS going every war and it would last until I die, but now it hardly ever happens. With my skills, insignia and LT's I should have either 35.66% or 39.66% Crit rate (depending which LT's I have equipped). That should equate to over 1 in 3 hits landing a critical, however this doesn't happen. In almost every war for weeks I'm lucky to land 2 or 3 crits, on the rare occasions I get two in a row then killing spree only lasts for a maximum of 3 hits then I lose it.

This is a massive difference to previously, where about 1 in 3 hits would be a critical which is what's expected. Whatever you have changed has made sniper skills almost worthless, and my 3* Overkill that I spent a lot of money to get is completely useless to me.

Please can we have an explanation on this and can you let us know if/when it is going to be fixed?

Many thanks.
          Same problem here. 36% crit chance, use 20 tokens in row and KS not active. I got KS in 1 war from 4. Adrenaline rush on Ghost give u 40% crit chance and 40% crit hit dmg, why is on Sniper crit chance only 9%??

Comment

• Massmurder
            Consigliere
            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by cslovexhy View Post
            After whatever change made on Crit and KS, I got KS a lot easier. Just my case.
            The sure shot and kill spree % was increased in skill is what you might be noticing.

Comment

• JackUK
              Goon
              • Jan 2016

It was inevitable for them to dumb down sniper to encourage the change to Ghost - remember when they nerfed Ghost after it became apparent the ghost class was initially too weak to compare with sniper class?

Do yourself a favour and just forget about sniper (you will suffer short term until you get Accuracy3 and Powershot3), in the long-run Ghost will be much more powerful.

Comment

• tha dude
                Lieutenant
                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by JackUK View Post
                It was inevitable for them to dumb down sniper to encourage the change to Ghost - remember when they nerfed Ghost after it became apparent the ghost class was initially too weak to compare with sniper class?

Do yourself a favour and just forget about sniper (you will suffer short term until you get Accuracy3 and Powershot3), in the long-run Ghost will be much more powerful.
                I disagree, with one caveat... Overkill. A strong sniper with good crit LT's to start a spree, then a damage set up with LTs like Hyena, Vanquish, Miss Conduct and Overkill can be just as effective as any ghost out there.
                Plus the bonus of having suppression and being able to survive the whole war on initial health. Ghost on rush takes a TON of damage. You almost have to add to health, wasting SP's that could be going into attack.
                I play a fully upgraded sniper and I'm leveling up ghost behind the scenes. I try ghost once in a while but I keep going back to Sniper.

On Topic... Make sure you have every +crit chance insignia you have assigned to the initial crit lineup, it can really add up. I get just over 3% crit just from insignia's.

Comment

• JackUK
                  Goon
                  • Jan 2016

Yes. But a Ghost with overkill and damage lts will get larger damage than a Sniper. If they can handle the counter - most bigger toons can, since they have been around for years, with more stat points from the daily paying respect.
                  As a question on classes, not lieutenants, Ghost is better, unless you are too small to deal with the counter damage.

Fully upgraded sniper, all maxed, lvl 3 powershot/accuracy/precision lv 2 piercing shot/dodge.

Comment

Seriously guys, almost all top hitters in this game are still sticking with sniper, you think crit and Ks are really nerfed? Check the top EvE list and the lv4k snipers. Except for freakshow I don't see any other attacker is not a sniper.

Comment

• Vito11
                      Lackey
                      • Mar 2015

I know this is pretty much a necro... But this thread still applies. I have been playing 3-4 years as sniper/now ghost, and this crit is definitly RNG. Even if I use AR... I rarely get crits and I have like 20%+ crit from Lts/insigs too... I rarely crit though like I dont understand. Then in 2-3 matches Ill get crit galore, like literally critting every hit or every other hit. Then next game not a single crit. Like maybe 3 out of 40 tokens... Game or 2 after no crit, still no crits. A few if lucky and thats the same as powershot... Then 3rd game after, crit galore.

What is up with crit %. Theres not way someone can tell me there is no ingame mechanic preventing it...Like I feel like there is more RNG then there is crit chance mechanics... Wtf... is there any actual research into this? If you havent played as sniper/ghost, then you most likely wouldnt understand. And yes all the hits I am talking about are wins, I am BSI.
                      ⚡️💰DatGankstaKid💰⚡️ || ⚡️Deathango⚡️ Officer || We are recruiting all levels, we do 4/4 Wars and have very friendly atmosphere. Add A73190

Comment

• Reaper9292
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2016

well on my experience with my ghost ..sometimes when i feel like i might die fast i skip using AR and just hit like that with power shot and i can say that i dont see any difference on critical chances with or without AR the only difference is at critical damage, that i can notice its working

Comment

Working...
                        X