Will a Demo Heavy build ever become obsolete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BiancaK
    Thug
    • Aug 2013

Will a Demo Heavy build ever become obsolete?

Hey guys, I'm trying to decide if i should continue to level up my heavy weapon skills or save up and start terminator. I'm level 650, pure LSI but have strong LTs so still do decent damage in wars.

I have demo lvl 3 and a few other heavy skills, and noticed that the terminator class seems to be more focused on doing a lot of damage to players (most noticeably splash) and less focused on hitting buildings. Will heavy demo builds still be valuable in the future because of this? Or will the grenade skill (basically terminator demo) do more building damage once levelled up enough?

I just don't want to waste CCs continuing to level up heavy weapons if the terminator class can do more building damage eventually. But at the same time, it would be a very long road for me to get to that point.

Any input is appreciated
  • genesiser
    Thug
    • Oct 2014

Re: Will a Demo Heavy build ever become obsolete?

Terminator could do strong building damage if a team stacks a ton of people in a building. Take for example how a lot of people stack offensive people in an HQ, like 25 of them. Then, look at their skill that makes your splash damage hit every character in a building along with splash talent to increase splash dmg by 100% (60% of normal damage) and passive that makes you do 1% dmg to building (3% at max). That means for one token to attack a person, if you do 200 dmg to the person you attack you do (200 + 25(.6x200)).03 = 96 damage to the building along with hitting EVERY character for 120 dmg. That is with one token.

Basically, the more people that are stacked in a building, the stronger terminator becomes.

Comment

• Cthulu
      Retired Game Guru
      • Dec 2014

To answer the post question, no

It may become possible in the future to learn how base damage is calculated but also possibly not. Knowing would allow a player to build specifically to be the best Terminator demo they can be. That might tip the building damage balance but HW still do great with demo 3, with explosives and boobytraps, and some pretty decent passive skills.

Grenade 3 from anecdotal evidence is equivalent to Demo 3 (I still need ~3,000 cc myself)

In my mind, both are valuable if they have demo 3 or grenade 3. It just depends on which skills you prefer after that. The caveat to this of course will be when enough time has passed for players to start getting level 4 and 5 Terminators. I think we have enough early adopters that given time, we'll be able to give better feedback when we know more.
      Come join us
      on the official
      Underworld Empire Discord Server
      https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Comment

• Mist
        Retired Game Guru
        • Jan 2013

Consider terminator as the t-1000 to your heavy t-800. It's basically a supercharged heavy class with crazy destructive powers it was meant to be. Every token used by a terminator class damages the building. A high lvl terminator will destroy buildings if given the chance. Remember the new classes are meant to be grinded for best results. That's why they take so much effort to lvl.

I would recommend you max grenade. Then bury. Then the passive that allows dmg to building every time u hit a player. Use bury in a stacked building and watch it crumble. Equip Morningstar and rocket with envy or viper for extra dmg boos.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X