Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GHOST Skills

Re: GHOST Skills

I recently hit ghost level 4 and have been saving for my next skill.
    My question is: Would you suggest penitrating shot, accuracy 3, or precision 3, and why? I already have power shot 3 and obviously accuracy and precision are both at lvl 2. I also already have tag 1 and dodge 1, but those along with ghost hunter seem to be like worse options than the first three I listed.

Quote Originally Posted by thedehr View Post
    I recently hit ghost level 4 and have been saving for my next skill.
    My question is: Would you suggest penitrating shot, accuracy 3, or precision 3, and why? I already have power shot 3 and obviously accuracy and precision are both at lvl 2. I also already have tag 1 and dodge 1, but those along with ghost hunter seem to be like worse options than the first three I listed.
    I'd recommend getting accuracy maxed next and the precision 3. Those skills will help maximize the damage that you will do. I'd wait on penetrating shot, as you can use it at most twice a war (and you'd likely already have used adrenaline rush, so you would then only be able to use it once, toward the end of the war).

Currently, I have powershot, accuracy, dodging spree, precision, and hotshot maxed. I have a piercing shot at lvl 1 and will likely get that maxed before I begin to learn ghost tag/ghost hunter. I think that the last skill I will learn will be penetrating shot.

I should also add that there are other ghosts in my empire who are the taggers, so I haven't needed to worry about learning ghost tag/hunter yet.

Guys, I just switched to Ghost. How can I heal when using AR to prevent lost of it? If under 200 hp, i'm injured, so I loose AR. 200+ hp I can't heal.. Is there any possibilities to heal?

Quote Originally Posted by Niks View Post
    Guys, I just switched to Ghost. How can I heal when using AR to prevent lost of it? If under 200 hp, i'm injured, so I loose AR. 200+ hp I can't heal.. Is there any possibilities to heal?
    Your options are limited. Scythe is the most helpful LT. Otherwise, Trix can help, through her proc rate is so low, that you can't even count on her healing you even once a war. I supposed Boulder can heal too, but I think that using a ghost for x'es means you aren't using your class optimally. You can also have your empire mates stim you, though this only buys your 10hp per stim. If you get low of health, armor up to avoid taking that counter damage against your health.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdwstrnkid View Post
    Your options are limited. Scythe is the most helpful LT. Otherwise, Trix can help, through her proc rate is so low, that you can't even count on her healing you even once a war. I supposed Boulder can heal too, but I think that using a ghost for x'es means you aren't using your class optimally. You can also have your empire mates stim you, though this only buys your 10hp per stim. If you get low of health, armor up to avoid taking that counter damage against your health.
    How can I tell when hot shot is active??

Quote Originally Posted by hustl3s View Post
    How can I tell when hot shot is active??
    At the start of a war it shows in war log along with any juggernauts

If we are talking about raw dmg output Ghost is much better. Sniper hits hard with those crits but can't compare to ghost's . Sniper needs good skills to surpass ghost dmg but sniper is better support class. Both classes are useful in their own way. I'm lvl 6 sniper and lvl 3 ghost - sniper is better in my opinion if you are like me - never spent a dime and don't have much epic Lt's - just 3-4.

Enforcer

Old post but i need some Ghost to assist me on the precision skill lvl 2... +1% base damage after each win ..

Is there a reset or something...

Street Boss

At the time the tier2 skills came out, it was generally agreed that a maxed tier1 toon can help more in EvE than a new tier2. And like many of the tier1 skills, the tier2 skills aren't so shiny until you get to LV3 (which costs 26,000 CC in total). Since then, the consensus seems to be that and empire needs a mix.

For those of you not familiar with AR, it drains health faster than anything else does. The most common way to mitigate that is to have a "health loadout" that you load about 15 mins before game time. Get your health up to 4500 and you can keep the A/R going a lot longer than the 2000 or so that a lot of snipers have. Personally, I run into plenty of people that I can't beat. If I use AR and Poppy and lots of health, I can till gnaw on them well enough.

Fun is where you find it.
    Just a bit analytical.

Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by analytical View Post
    At the time the tier2 skills came out, it was generally agreed that a maxed tier1 toon can help more in EvE than a new tier2. And like many of the tier1 skills, the tier2 skills aren't so shiny until you get to LV3 (which costs 26,000 CC in total). Since then, the consensus seems to be that and empire needs a mix.

For those of you not familiar with AR, it drains health faster than anything else does. The most common way to mitigate that is to have a "health loadout" that you load about 15 mins before game time. Get your health up to 4500 and you can keep the A/R going a lot longer than the 2000 or so that a lot of snipers have. Personally, I run into plenty of people that I can't beat. If I use AR and Poppy and lots of health, I can till gnaw on them well enough.

Fun is where you find it.
    suppression on the enemy can help here... but there arent active enforcers around...

if you can get loads of Lts that offer dodge in a loadout and star those up as much as possible then you will benefit from less lost health overall, surgeon and strafe are good examples, get your dodging spree to 20 percent and if you have phantom that is useful too , if you want to do the supressing yourself, I see lots of low health ghosts using lots of armor packs to keep alive but in my case I tend to only do that if I got hit by a major deflect.

I do more damage as ghost than sniper, and yes health is really something one need. I built a health load out of epic insignas before moving to ghost during eve.
    Suppress from sniper would be great to have to help with counter damage, and few snipers are left to do that.
    Last edited by joetaxi; 06-23-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allwyn View Post
    Old post but i need some Ghost to assist me on the precision skill lvl 2... +1% base damage after each win ..

Is there a reset or something...
    Does not reset as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by joetaxi View Post
    I do more damage as ghost than sniper, and yes health is really something one need. I built a health load out of epic insignas before moving to ghost during eve.
    Suppress from sniper would be great to have to help with counter damage, and few snipers are left to do that.
    Every Ghost needs Muerte unless they have ridiculous EvE health imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaranj View Post
    Every Ghost needs Muerte unless they have ridiculous EvE health imo.
    I think that Scythe has a bigger impact on the survivability of a ghost. Yes, you do need high health to start the war (with my health lineup, I have over 7300 EvE health) so that you can absorb a couple of big deflects, but as long as you avoid a lot of big deflects and are mostly victorious on your attacks, you can survive indefinitely with Scythe in your lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdwstrnkid View Post
    I think that Scythe has a bigger impact on the survivability of a ghost. Yes, you do need high health to start the war (with my health lineup, I have over 7300 EvE health) so that you can absorb a couple of big deflects, but as long as you avoid a lot of big deflects and are mostly victorious on your attacks, you can survive indefinitely with Scythe in your lineup.
    100% Agree...but Scythe is no easy snag and only a small percentage of the community has her.

How about this : Muerte until the Scythe ship comes in, then unseat Muerte and never look back.

I might have an epic crate by xmas *fingers crossed* :'D

I have 3k HP in my health loadout, and the health loss from AR is rarely an issue. I generally use 2 armor packs per war to help avoid 1-shotting myself on deflects. If you have to hit for a loss against strong defenders, make sure that suppression or upgraded ghost tag is applied. Dodging spree works on counter damage too, so keep that in mind.

If you're one of the weaker killers in your team and having issues staying alive, just hold off a bit on using AR until you've maxed your bonus from precision. If you're one of the strongest killers, then it's usually worth it to use some extra armor to keep AR going.