Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get rid of the 2 hour rule to switch toons

Re: Get rid of the 2 hour rule to switch toons

Quote Originally Posted by DL_Joker View Post
    If you could freely swap, people would exploit. Bring down a building's defenders with Sniper, swap to Assassin and cap, swap to HW for demo, swap back to Sniper for next building, all the while healing with an Enforcer.

My Regards,
    Joker,
    Manager of Dark London.
    That's why you make it so only 1 character per device can join war at a time. If you join with the sniper you'll need another phone to join war with the assassin. After that ones in you can now swap all willy-nilly.

Also, certain androids (nexus5) that allow multiple accounts let you swap instantly and do this already and I don't see anyone complaining about that... It's so unused no one has even paid attention to it.

Simple solution then.

Do not allow a toon to enter eve if they have a toon in eve on that account, that way you can remove the 2 hour rule but the first toon on that account to enter eve is the only one that can for the entire war.
    This will only be limited to the empire where the account has an active toon.

Im sure its easy to link accounts together and just check before they enter eve. To prevent micro tiny server load on multiple checks, just put a 2 hour status effect on the accounts if it comes back as access denied.

Quote Originally Posted by PabloRSA View Post
    Simple solution then.

Do not allow a toon to enter eve if they have a toon in eve on that account, that way you can remove the 2 hour rule but the first toon on that account to enter eve is the only one that can for the entire war.
    This will only be limited to the empire where the account has an active toon.
    So basically even if you have multiple devices you can only have 1 on at a time? Unless you join a different empire for each toon? How is that simple?

Stops people exploiting the "switching toons to change class to demo, to sniper, to enforcer. instantly on the same device", but will allow you to login another toon to dump energy or stam build or donate.

If you have more than 1 device then you should have a diffrent account for each, even if they are on the same account they will be diffferent devices "hardware", even if its the same hardware (use mac address or IME, as an example).

Quote Originally Posted by PabloRSA View Post
    Stops people exploiting the "switching toons to change class to demo, to sniper, to enforcer. instantly on the same device", but will allow you to login another toon to dump energy or stam build or donate.

If you have more than 1 device then you should have a diffrent account for each, even if they are on the same account they will be diffferent devices "hardware", even if its the same hardware (use mac address or IME, as an example).
    Just set it up so only 1 character per device can join war.

Enabling swapping but disabling people from using the same account on multiple devices will anger people BAD.

They already had these accounts for years. Now you're gonna all of a sudden say they can't use them on multiple devices?

I don't know if the dev is even watching this thread. I hope they do something about. In addition, we would like to change our empire name (maybe also put like a history change of empire name or something).

Not sure if this has been stated in the past but this can be done with android/google play

Firstly, this method requires a laptop or PC and the individual must download Blustacks app player. This is a mobile app emulator for pcs. Once downloaded look for UE and download it and create your new profile using a NEW email address. Once established you must go to your android device and add the google account to your phone. Once added go to google play and log in using that newly established account and then start up UE. from here go to settings/Google Play (in-game and log in or add the new user) This will then add this new toon to your list of separate toons you can use (max of 5) and choose/switch over on the same device at your discretion.

In order to bypass that pesky 2 hour rule, just go to google play, search UE, click un-install and re-install the game again. No, your account will not be erased or reset bc the info is not stored on you phone memory, rather its stored on your google play account so any time you reinstall a game all of your saved data will remain the same. I have 3 toons I use during war and switch over every 15 minutes or as needed. When you uninstall/reinstall the toon that will be available upon restart will be the last account you added, for instance in my case this would be my 3rd toon which is my BSI. I usually start a war with my primary toon, switch over to my second toon just to enter war, uninstall/reinstall and upon startup have my 3rd toon entering war..do some damage with him and then switch over to which ever toon I see fit or needs to drop tokens. With this method I average around 5,000 BPS (on wins) with each toon and get max CC's with all 3 toons for all 4 wars. Inbox me if you need more clarification, but it does work

There's already a limit to 5 toons per device. Get rid of the 2 hour cool down and then each device can only use 5 toons, so there's no explotation. Sure, people could line up 5 devices with 5 toons each and single handedly run an entire empire, but, if they really want to, what's the problem with that? Having only one toon is frustrating because you're constantly playing the hurry up and wait game. Being able to freely switch between toons, at least we would have more to do.

As for the 48 hour rule, Indont see how it's protecting anyone. Your associated financial information is per device. I guess if someone had access to your device or your Game Center/Google Play account they could potentially spend away your cash. But how is that PA's responsibility? Wouldn't that be a problem we would address with either Apple or Google?

This is the only game I've ever played that makes it so difficult to have multiple characters. It's absolutely maddening. Especially on an iPhone. I have to wipe my device in order to make a 2nd character?! Seriously?! There needs to be an in-game option for making additional characters.
    Last edited by flcowboy7; 06-11-2016 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Subscribe to thread

Just discovered a way to switch toons without waiting 2hrs. This will only work once a day and at a specific time.

Switch toons just before the server reset at midnight and you can switch back after midnight without waiting 2hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by [T3] View Post
    Just discovered a way to switch toons without waiting 2hrs. This will only work once a day and at a specific time.

Switch toons just before the server reset at midnight and you can switch back after midnight without waiting 2hrs.
    Almost guaranteed to be patched now.

Banned

No idea why you people feel the need to broadcast these tricks...ugh.

It's now 3 minutes!

You can buy FPs also.

Goon

Quote Originally Posted by Dr death View Post
    It's now 3 minutes!

You can buy FPs also.
    This has previously stopped me spending money for when events are on, they have finally worked out how to get money out of me again (and I can spend on 5 toons now, doh).

Good that they added it, been racking up shit loads more points than usual in empire wars haha

The recently necro'd thread will now be surrendered to the sweet release of a locked thread