New Insignia Feature! Empower Lieutenants with Unique Insignias!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mist
    Retired Game Guru
    • Jan 2013

Re: New Insignia Feature! Empower Lieutenants with Unique Insignias!

Originally posted by Squiffle View Post
    So a lvl15 epic has 6 additional boosts ? (2 at lvl 1, plus 1 at lvl 5, 1 at lvl 10, and another 2 at lvl 15)
    Something like that yes. Not sure of the number at lvl 15 for an epic as I haven't lvled one yet
    sigpic

Comment

• Aprilwine
      Street Boss
      • Oct 2013

I want to know if boosting a rare insignia is actually worth it compared to a epic insignia. The cost alone seems very high for something you would replace later. I havent seen a epic drop yet and I really want to boost my seated LTs but dont know if its a huge waste or to just wait till a epic drops.

Be cool if there was a option to combine 5 rares for 1 epic. Just like 10 steel beams for 1 titanium
      sigpic

Comment

• alexian
        • Jun 2013

There is a grea inisignia guide on the strategy section. There it recommends to upgrade only epics abd common insignias (for the cheaper price).
        48BE8B

Comment

• SharnThoR
          Brawler
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Aprilwine View Post
          I want to know if boosting a rare insignia is actually worth it compared to a epic insignia. The cost alone seems very high for something you would replace later. I havent seen a epic drop yet and I really want to boost my seated LTs but dont know if its a huge waste or to just wait till a epic drops.

Be cool if there was a option to combine 5 rares for 1 epic. Just like 10 steel beams for 1 titanium
          It'll always be worth it m8. Even if you do find that epic to replace your rare with, your rare that's now lvl 15 will go to another lt. It'll always be worth it to upgrade, irrespective of the cost.
          sigpic

Comment

• Selene
            Retired Game Guru
            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by SharnThoR View Post
            It'll always be worth it m8. Even if you do find that epic to replace your rare with, your rare that's now lvl 15 will go to another lt. It'll always be worth it to upgrade, irrespective of the cost.
            I disagree. Here's something I posted in another thread that applies here:

Originally posted by Selene View Post
            Upgrade the Commons, leave the Rares and Uncommons alone.

If we define Epic insignias as 100% cost effective, then Rares are 87%, Uncommons are 96%, and Commons are 120%.

Suppose it takes X resources (alloy+cash) to get roughly 100 SPs (skill points) by upgrading only Epics. Then if you use the same X resources to upgrade Commons only, you would get about 120 SPs.

If you want to see the methodology/calculations, check out http://underworldempireforums.com/sh...877#post131877
            So Rares are least cost effective, followed by Uncommons. That means you get the least power for the same alloy and cash spent.

Better to go for the all Epic route (for high levels/LSI), or the all Common route (for low levels/BSI), or a mix of both if you like.
            Inactive as of July 14, 2015

Comment

• Aprilwine
              Street Boss
              • Oct 2013

Thanks for the response Selene! Ive only had one epic sig drop and it was a infinity(health) sig. I really think for the more casual player its a waste to sit on sigs if you have the income. I understand completely what you are saying about the comparison of the money spent vs a rare but if its going to be this hard to get a epic sig with attack then boosting the rares I have does boost my toon in a sense. Seems like the rare sigs are for the poor peeps out there that do not spend a lot of money on boss fights. I try to make at least the 1 epic thresholds when hunting bosses...maybe I need to try for 2 or 3 thresholds before making a decision on what sigs to boost
              sigpic

Comment

• SharnThoR
                Brawler
                • Oct 2014

So Rares are least cost effective, followed by Uncommons. That means you get the least power for the same alloy and cash spent.

Better to go for the all Epic route (for high levels/LSI), or the all Common route (for low levels/BSI), or a mix of both if you like.
                I do agree with your statement, but that's also taking into consideration you have enough epics/commons to fill all your toons.

My point was simply to add your highest insigs to your highest seated lt's while you're finding better ones. At the same time, what's the point of leaving them all lvl 1? So, start upgrading from highest to lowest.

As you progress, you'll start replacing not so good ones with better ones etc. Remembering that this is something that's not going away, so irrespective of anything, you'll keep on building on this.
                sigpic

Comment

• Snake Eyes
                  Hitman
                  • Jul 2013

This is actually not entirely accurate. What is not being factored in here is the relative SP boost per Insignia per Rarity.

Cost effective to max level them I individually? Yes. But if a a single Epic is providing you 200% more stat points than a common, then you need to recalculate because then a single Epic is actually worth as much as two commons.

Given that, in order to get the same SP value from a common, you'd need twice as many. So in effect the value of a single common is actually only 60%. Not 120%.

Then, add to that the value of Insignia slots on your Seated LTs. I don't know about everyone else, but having only 4 slots on a 5* Epic makes the slots pretty darn valuable to me.

So, while my numbers are hypothetical, you can see that a one-to-one cost based value analysis requires the inclusion of a couple other variables to be truly accurate.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Re: New Insignia Feature! Empower Lieutenants with Unique Insignias!

So many variables and differing opinions with insignias. I have seen a lot of rare insignias that are far superior to their Epic counter parts when both are fully leveled due to bad draws in abilities the Epic may get which would make the rare insignia in this case to be cost effective and the best choice.

I have also seen Epic insignias that are truly worth their salt .

One thing that I personally applaud the devs for is giving value to Epic lts once again. Thanks to insigina slots based on rarity, a 6* Epic can now match a 8 * rare. Just that one extra slot makes a mountain of a difference!

Comment

• Snake Eyes
                      Hitman
                      • Jul 2013

And a 5* Epic can have just about 1200 Attack thanks to Insignias.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Markz1337
                        Street Boss
                        • Apr 2013

My last epic blood insignia only did health, what a waste...
                        1594dc
                        362b14
                        Add Me

Comment

• DIABOLICAL
                          Lackey
                          • Jun 2016

awesome,,i got a rare one, but i really look forward in earning an epic one hehe

Comment

Working...
                          X