Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Insignia Feature! Empower Lieutenants with Unique Insignias!

Re: New Insignia Feature! Empower Lieutenants with Unique Insignias!

Quote Originally Posted by Mist View Post
    Idea is to keep hunting for the type of insignia you want for your build and lvl it. Say if your build is all attack then having def boosting insignia are useless for you. You would prefer to have epic fury and blood insignia.
    Mist, I think even defense insig have a part to play for all atk builds, and vice versa. I'm all atk, but I've been getting mostly Defense Insignia. Instead of ignoring them or complaining, I leveled them up, and I have them in my captain's seat. My captain now has +702 Defense boost. Even ignoring the additional free defense I'm getting, it also counts as effective +491 Atk, doesn't it? Since you need to have someone seated in captain seat anyway you should maximize the potential at that seat. I think whether you're all atk or all defense or balanced, your assassin should have the best +atk insignias, your captain the best + Def, and your underboss either a mix of those two or whichever one you want most. Health Insigs I'd put in Right Hand or Enforcer chair.

Quote Originally Posted by TK Makto View Post
    Epics always come with 2 boosts. But sometimes both boosts are the same. You probably see a +6 because it's 2 +3's combined. If you look right below the badge there should be 2 icons that stand for subpowers. If they are both the same that would be why you see 2 boosts on one epic and only 1 boost on the other.
    Aha! Yes, that's it. Thanks (those icons are really tiny on a 4S).

So Epics always start with two boosts. What do the other rarities get ? And then I'll gain another boost at level 5 (always, or can I get nothing ?)
    Looks like the level of the boost has some randomness, too, right ? Because one has a +1 Health and the other has two +Health that total 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Mist View Post
    Only new sub stats. Not existing ones. Yes. You get a random sub stat as per the insignia class/type every 5lvls with extra bonus at 15th lvl
    So a lvl15 epic has 6 additional boosts ? (2 at lvl 1, plus 1 at lvl 5, 1 at lvl 10, and another 2 at lvl 15)

Quote Originally Posted by Squiffle View Post
    Aha! Yes, that's it. Thanks (those icons are really tiny on a 4S).

So Epics always start with two boosts. What do the other rarities get ? And then I'll gain another boost at level 5 (always, or can I get nothing ?)
    Looks like the level of the boost has some randomness, too, right ? Because one has a +1 Health and the other has two +Health that total 6.
    It looks like Rares always have 1 sub bonus, and uncommon and common start with no sub bonuses, the difference being that uncommon stats are better than common. And yeah, the exact figures of the sub powers you receive aren't always the same. I haven't leveled up any commons or uncommons or rares, but my epic insig give 3 extra boosts at lvl 15, so a maxed epic insig should have 7 sub powers.

Caporegime Game Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TK Makto View Post
    Mist, I think even defense insig have a part to play for all atk builds, and vice versa. I'm all atk, but I've been getting mostly Defense Insignia. Instead of ignoring them or complaining, I leveled them up, and I have them in my captain's seat. My captain now has +702 Defense boost. Even ignoring the additional free defense I'm getting, it also counts as effective +491 Atk, doesn't it? Since you need to have someone seated in captain seat anyway you should maximize the potential at that seat. I think whether you're all atk or all defense or balanced, your assassin should have the best +atk insignias, your captain the best + Def, and your underboss either a mix of those two or whichever one you want most. Health Insigs I'd put in Right Hand or Enforcer chair.
    Yes I agree. But for an attack build except for the captain seat the major choices should still be attack insignia IMO. Even for underboss as you will be technically giving up on 30odd percent bonus if you mix it up. Provided you can afford to be selective. It takes a lot of bosses to get the right insignia unless lucky . Mind you this is a suggestion only for a very focused setup. Normally it would be as you suggested. Best attack for sin def for captain mixed for underboss and attack again for enforcer and again mixed for right hand. The hp setup makes more sense for a seperate preset just for eve.

Caporegime Game Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Squiffle View Post
    So a lvl15 epic has 6 additional boosts ? (2 at lvl 1, plus 1 at lvl 5, 1 at lvl 10, and another 2 at lvl 15)
    Something like that yes. Not sure of the number at lvl 15 for an epic as I haven't lvled one yet

I want to know if boosting a rare insignia is actually worth it compared to a epic insignia. The cost alone seems very high for something you would replace later. I havent seen a epic drop yet and I really want to boost my seated LTs but dont know if its a huge waste or to just wait till a epic drops.

Be cool if there was a option to combine 5 rares for 1 epic. Just like 10 steel beams for 1 titanium

There is a grea inisignia guide on the strategy section. There it recommends to upgrade only epics abd common insignias (for the cheaper price).

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilwine View Post
    I want to know if boosting a rare insignia is actually worth it compared to a epic insignia. The cost alone seems very high for something you would replace later. I havent seen a epic drop yet and I really want to boost my seated LTs but dont know if its a huge waste or to just wait till a epic drops.

Be cool if there was a option to combine 5 rares for 1 epic. Just like 10 steel beams for 1 titanium
    It'll always be worth it m8. Even if you do find that epic to replace your rare with, your rare that's now lvl 15 will go to another lt. It'll always be worth it to upgrade, irrespective of the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by SharnThoR View Post
    It'll always be worth it m8. Even if you do find that epic to replace your rare with, your rare that's now lvl 15 will go to another lt. It'll always be worth it to upgrade, irrespective of the cost.
    I disagree. Here's something I posted in another thread that applies here:

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Upgrade the Commons, leave the Rares and Uncommons alone.

If we define Epic insignias as 100% cost effective, then Rares are 87%, Uncommons are 96%, and Commons are 120%.

Suppose it takes X resources (alloy+cash) to get roughly 100 SPs (skill points) by upgrading only Epics. Then if you use the same X resources to upgrade Commons only, you would get about 120 SPs.

If you want to see the methodology/calculations, check out http://underworldempireforums.com/sh...877#post131877
    So Rares are least cost effective, followed by Uncommons. That means you get the least power for the same alloy and cash spent.

Better to go for the all Epic route (for high levels/LSI), or the all Common route (for low levels/BSI), or a mix of both if you like.
    Inactive as of July 14, 2015

Thanks for the response Selene! Ive only had one epic sig drop and it was a infinity(health) sig. I really think for the more casual player its a waste to sit on sigs if you have the income. I understand completely what you are saying about the comparison of the money spent vs a rare but if its going to be this hard to get a epic sig with attack then boosting the rares I have does boost my toon in a sense. Seems like the rare sigs are for the poor peeps out there that do not spend a lot of money on boss fights. I try to make at least the 1 epic thresholds when hunting bosses...maybe I need to try for 2 or 3 thresholds before making a decision on what sigs to boost

So Rares are least cost effective, followed by Uncommons. That means you get the least power for the same alloy and cash spent.

Better to go for the all Epic route (for high levels/LSI), or the all Common route (for low levels/BSI), or a mix of both if you like.
    I do agree with your statement, but that's also taking into consideration you have enough epics/commons to fill all your toons.

My point was simply to add your highest insigs to your highest seated lt's while you're finding better ones. At the same time, what's the point of leaving them all lvl 1? So, start upgrading from highest to lowest.

As you progress, you'll start replacing not so good ones with better ones etc. Remembering that this is something that's not going away, so irrespective of anything, you'll keep on building on this.

This is actually not entirely accurate. What is not being factored in here is the relative SP boost per Insignia per Rarity.

Cost effective to max level them I individually? Yes. But if a a single Epic is providing you 200% more stat points than a common, then you need to recalculate because then a single Epic is actually worth as much as two commons.

Given that, in order to get the same SP value from a common, you'd need twice as many. So in effect the value of a single common is actually only 60%. Not 120%.

Then, add to that the value of Insignia slots on your Seated LTs. I don't know about everyone else, but having only 4 slots on a 5* Epic makes the slots pretty darn valuable to me.

So, while my numbers are hypothetical, you can see that a one-to-one cost based value analysis requires the inclusion of a couple other variables to be truly accurate.

Consigliere Game Guru

So many variables and differing opinions with insignias. I have seen a lot of rare insignias that are far superior to their Epic counter parts when both are fully leveled due to bad draws in abilities the Epic may get which would make the rare insignia in this case to be cost effective and the best choice.

I have also seen Epic insignias that are truly worth their salt .

One thing that I personally applaud the devs for is giving value to Epic lts once again. Thanks to insigina slots based on rarity, a 6* Epic can now match a 8 * rare. Just that one extra slot makes a mountain of a difference!

And a 5* Epic can have just about 1200 Attack thanks to Insignias.

My last epic blood insignia only did health, what a waste...
    1594dc
    362b14
    Add Me

Lackey

awesome,,i got a rare one, but i really look forward in earning an epic one hehe