Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heavy Weapons Demolitions Damage

Discordant Game Guru

Heavy Weapons Demolitions Damage

“I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they’d never expect it.” — Jack Handey

This will always be a recurring thread. How are we currently doing on demo damage fellow HW?

I know there has been a lot of speculation on ways to increase damage to a building after acquiring demo 3. The most consistent advice I've gotten is that it is based on the war formula of PvP and that to increase it we need to increase our attack, have more/better LTs, and gear/vehicles. Is this still the general consensus?

Any advice out there for increasing the damage?

HW, level 541, current highest demo hit 131

Re: Heavy Weapons Demolitions Damage

HW 543, raw damage range 107-127.

Maximize attack, is the easiest way.
    Or you can get the best pistol, and the best heavy weapons.

It is pretty much attack power. That is pretty much what I think.
    1594dc
    362b14
    Add Me

Not sure how it works. HW LSI build level 336 88-105 damage but my level 159 all defense build does 100-115

Quote Originally Posted by Giovanni View Post
    Not sure how it works. HW LSI build level 336 88-105 damage but my level 159 all defense build does 100-115
    What is your attack (with bonus), and the three items you bring, in the class powers.

I have the pistol "the eagle", iron hammer, guided artillery turret cannon, with 808 attack.

You should be doing 95-105 damage always a range of 10, building mitigation makes your attacker weaker.

I am pretty sure you have a much lower attack. There is a possibity that defense brings it up, if so than it would be 70% as effective.
    1594dc
    362b14
    Add Me

Street Boss

I average 120 per hit for demo but only have it at lvl2......and I believe a little bit of vomit appears in my throat whenever I miss click "demo" lol.

Discordant Game Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
    I average 120 per hit for demo but only have it at lvl2......and I believe a little bit of vomit appears in my throat whenever I miss click "demo" lol.
    That's pretty good for demo 2, demo 3 will add 20 so you'll be hitting for 140 average - very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Markz1337 View Post
    What is your attack (with bonus), and the three items you bring, in the class powers.

I have the pistol "the eagle", iron hammer, guided artillery turret cannon, with 808 attack.

You should be doing 95-105 damage always a range of 10, building mitigation makes your attacker weaker.

I am pretty sure you have a much lower attack. There is a possibity that defense brings it up, if so than it would be 70% as effective.
    My attack is very low. I just now reached my stamina and energy goals. Attack is only at 379 after bonus.
    Weapons are el aguila (the pistol), the godfather, and world war 3. Really gotta work on the weapons.

As far as the smaller toon goes he has 727 defense with same weapons and does more building damage.

The ranges I mentioned were not from one individual war just an average of the past wars combined. Never took the mitigation into account.

We just faced GoodFellas (unfortunate for us) building damage per toon was the lowest I've seen since I started.

lvl 435 demo 3 1500 attack 1020 defense el aguila, iron hammmer and hydra missile rack. max damage : 139

Building Mitigation is a rather important consideration as Markz1337 mentioned.

So when comparing your stats, please make sure to add what League your normally war in.

I am normally in Legend. When a Diamond League happens to end up getting matched up with us, I notice my Bldg Dmg escalate by 20-30 points.

Normally though, I switch over to attack mode in those matchups as they are more favourable EvE for us and I can use my offensive weapons. I don't have as much distaste for Demo as Muppet does, but I do prefer Offensive attack mode over Demo. But it really comes down to doing what is best for the Empire...

I heard about the war formula when attacking a building. But so far even when I switch LT out for SIN I have not notice a significate damage on building.

Quote Originally Posted by corp5e View Post
    I heard about the war formula when attacking a building. But so far even when I switch LT out for SIN I have not notice a significate damage on building.
    Do you have full weapons carried for the extra attackers?

Yeah it is not the the league rank, but the upgrades the empires has. Likely the have max or high building mitigation.

I have been bouncing in platinum and diamond, rarely in legend. But usually in diamond.

Well I see if the war formula is a think it's is gonna take some time.
    1594dc
    362b14
    Add Me

Heavy Weapons Demolitions Damage

181 today on a warehouse.

Discordant Game Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blindaxs View Post
    181 today on a warehouse.
    Heck yeah!

I was pretty happy with my recent increase to 136, I can only imagine how much fun 180+ will be

Discordant Game Guru

It will be interesting to see how the new classes affect demo damage...

Caporegime Game Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulu View Post
    It will be interesting to see how the new classes affect demo damage...
    Likely they won't unless it's an upgraded demo skill.

Banned

Lvl371. Demo3. Max 137 1000atk 1410def

Discordant Game Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mist View Post
    Likely they won't unless it's an upgraded demo skill.
    That would be a hard choice to upgrade if there wasn't some form of demo skill.

Unless they replace it with a building decap

I can say the most difference I see is in adding straight attack. I assume Defense would be same but may be at the 70% of attack.

Finally took a WH down in 6 hits. 5 would be ideal.. Or I would take 3 if I had a RC :/

I didn't factor in insignias nor lts so this won't be exact (but it's pretty close). The weapons you can bring to a duel varies by your class, but you can add roughly 100 to the mix as it doesn't make much of a difference.

Minimum Building Damage: Maximum Building Damage:
    20*(Demolition Level) + 20 + 0.014*(player atk + 0.75 player def + gears) 20*(Demolition Level) + 40 + 0.015*(player atk + 0.75 player def + gears)

Based on what i've noticed in wars there doesn't seem to be a cap for building damage, and it scales linearly with player strength.

New players (with no stats) : 20-40 demo damage
    Without demolition or any player stats, the default range is 20-40

I did some testing based on different player's builds and their building damage (not going to list any names) . I took the differences in demo damage and divided that value by the (player atk + 0.75 player def), most of them produced a value between 0.014 and 0.015. Since at higher levels there tend to be a wider range of damage,

I've set the minimum to 20*(demo level)+ 20 + 0.014 (player stats)
    and the maximum to 20* (demo level) +40 + 0.015 (player stats)

With this formula, a non-heavy with:
    1000 atk/1000 def with an item bonus of ~100 will deal around 46~68 demo damage.
    2000 atk/1000 def with an item bonus of ~100 will deal around 60~83 demo damage.
    5000 atk/1 def with an item bonus of ~100 will deal around 91~117 demo damage.

All non-heavy classes can set demo level to 0.
    Keep in mind that some buildings have damage mitigation so the actual damage in EvE will be lower.

Note that this is only a close estimate, there's some factors that hasn't been taken account for, so the accuracy can be further improved.
    Insignia Upgrade Chances
    -Under Construction-
    Chances of upgrading to : (Success/Attempts)
    Level 2: 100% (26/26)
    Level 3: 100% (26/26)
    Level 4: 96% (25/26)
    Level 5: 96% (25/26)
    Level 6: 81% (23/28)
    Level 7: 80% (23/27)
    Level 8: 74% (23/30)
    Level 9: 73% (19/26)
    Level 10: 69% (12/18)
    Level 11: 60% (12/21)
    Level 12: 38% (12/34)
    Level 13: 39% (12/27)