• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glarus
    Brawler
    • Mar 2014

World War Beta thoughts

I want to start this post with a HUGE KUDOS to the devs in this game. The World War event is something totally different and I'm excited to be playing a game where the devs are willing to try something like this. So thank you!

On a personal note however, I don't like this event at all. I don't suggest it should be cancelled or anything like that. Again, it's a great new idea and I'm sure many people will love it.

However, for me it is too crazy and requires way too much attention in short time windows to be able to play.

One thing I am very anxious to find out is how the participation points will be awarded for building the health packs and tokens. If there is a decent chance to collect an Epic (and especially the event epic) then I will still drop some money and lots of refills in this event. But since that seems to run counter to the entire theme, I suspect there won't be a good chance for this.

Anyway, big thanks to the devs for thinking outside the box for events and trying something new!
  • Aprilwine
    Street Boss
    • Oct 2013

Re: World War Beta thoughts

I love this event. Matter of fact I would rather do the world event twice a day than three EvEs against one empire. One thing I'm perplexed by is the opportunities we have in the event to back out of a defending building and allowing a fresh body to swap with. I don't know if I love or hate this. The option is great for empires with big numbers. Those that are only 40-50 strong will be at a pure disadvantage against a bigger empire due to what I'm calling it "the swap n go".

In all I'm loving this event and the token recharges we earn at the end of a war. One thing I would suggest to the PA is to change the music while involved in the event war. I know its not something that involves the game mechanics but think it would be cool to have some triple picking, double bass drums to enhance the crazy opportunity of facing 5 other empires with one goal in common. Cheers!
    sigpic

Comment

• Cthulu
      Retired Game Guru
      • Dec 2014

I'm also curious about the point system for the same reason. 140,000 seems a little out of reach at the moment but may seem less so during the actual Event.

I haven't played the game with the sound on since last year!
      Come join us
      on the official
      Underworld Empire Discord Server
      https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Comment

• genesiser
        Thug
        • Oct 2014

It's cool, but at the same time it kind of sucks for people that have two accounts but only one device. Normally in events you can fully play it on both your characters (aside from spending money) but in this one with battles being 2 hours long, if you want to have both characters participate you essentially halve the amount of rewards you get.

Comment

• DarkLotus
          Banned
          • Feb 2015

Love the event It requires strategy and major coordination with everyone taking a major role as healer for their bldg. I was absolutely glued to my phone during the two betas yday and I enjoyed every single minute of it. My team came in 2nd both matches, were going to do well in this event! I would offer advise and what not but this is a competition after all

As others have stated, still curious as to what the prizes will be exactly and how hard they will be to obtain. With the diminishing value of the Personal Packs every war though the threshold can't possibly be that high, we'll probably have to spend 12-14 packs each war (just a guess). Once you drop to around 3 or 4 packs left their value is so depleted you're not really inclined to use them. Unless PA expects us to use them until they only give us 1 token.... Does it eventually reach zero or does it stay at 1 token/health pack?

I also don't know if these packs they give us are rewards or just given to us so we can test them out for the beta, I'm thinking the latter. We'll probably be on our own to build packs once the real thing starts.
          Last edited by DarkLotus; 03-27-2015, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Rowdy
            Brawler
            • Dec 2013

I'm enjoying it too. It does require LOTS of attention. You can't just come in and drop like regular Eve. You basically have to sit down for 2 hours and play it (not many can do that)

I think the beta needs to be extended. We're still trying to get organized as a team.

Comment

• Tintin
              Goon
              • Mar 2014

I like it. It's fun, new, a bit laggy... But overall fun.

...but no way in hell am I going to spend 8-12 hour daily on this game in wars alone. I only did it this time... Idk why...

Comment

• Simplyawsomex
                Brawler
                • Aug 2013

4th beta test confirmed, there goes my sleep

looks like the event wars also reward cc, i think i'll cut the 2 wars that happen right after the event war to keep the daily EvE war dose at 4, that way my team can actually have a chance to rest and enjoy their daily activities.
                Insignia Upgrade Chances
                -Under Construction-
                Chances of upgrading to : (Success/Attempts)
                Level 2: 100% (26/26)
                Level 3: 100% (26/26)
                Level 4: 96% (25/26)
                Level 5: 96% (25/26)
                Level 6: 81% (23/28)
                Level 7: 80% (23/27)
                Level 8: 74% (23/30)
                Level 9: 73% (19/26)
                Level 10: 69% (12/18)
                Level 11: 60% (12/21)
                Level 12: 38% (12/34)
                Level 13: 39% (12/27)
                Level 14: 35% (12/36)
                Level 15: 29% (12/36)

Comment

• dukewhite
                  Enforcer
                  • Jul 2014

The actual event needs to replace normal EvE instead of being additional. The new format of MMD requires you to be active the whole time, unlike normal EvE, where you can come in and out, dump tokens, stack tokens if you're dead, etc. If almost all empires are going to be opted in to the event, then it should replace something else we're already opted in to. Otherwise it's asking too much of people. Even playing in 2 MMD wars has really tested my tolerance of the game. We have regular lives, you know? I love the format of MMD, but I fear that one will have to play the game far too much (or sacrifice normal gameplay like EvE, jobs, PvP, and bosses) in order to stay competitive.

Comment

• DarkLotus
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by dukewhite View Post
                    The actual event needs to replace normal EvE instead of being additional. The new format of MMD requires you to be active the whole time, unlike normal EvE, where you can come in and out, dump tokens, stack tokens if you're dead, etc. If almost all empires are going to be opted in to the event, then it should replace something else we're already opted in to. Otherwise it's asking too much of people. Even playing in 2 MMD wars has really tested my tolerance of the game. We have regular lives, you know? I love the format of MMD, but I fear that one will have to play the game far too much (or sacrifice normal gameplay like EvE, jobs, PvP, and bosses) in order to stay competitive.
                    Pretty much my thoughts on the times.... I never miss war but it's just a little too much for me right now.

Comment

• anonymousE
                      Thug
                      • Nov 2014

Lol, even if you have lives and jobs, youre still going to do the event no matter what time slot it is, its optional to participate or you dont, it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X