• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Godric
    Lieutenant
    • Mar 2013

Exchange Rate Idea

Not sure if an idea like this has been suggested before but here it is! So I understand this is an RPG and luck is an big factor in this game but there are some folks who actually like being able to have an concrete goal to aim for. Like for example someone pursuing blood diamonds can not actually work to get them, they have to just hope the UE Gods drop one from out of the sky at the end of war and etc.

So how about implementing an exchange feature. Not among players but with the system so for example you can exchange 50 concrete blocks for 1 crown jewel. Wouldn't be abusive, would still require grinding, would rid ppl of useless inventory, & everything would serve a purpose no matter your level.

Most suggestions I make I just toss out there and see what happens but I seriously beleive this is an idea that would greatly benefit the game and needs consideration. I know some people might say that's what the tech lab is for but this would be different. Here are some more examples just so my suggestion is clear(the numbers would be tweaked for balance of course, using these numbers just for the sake of an example):

50 concrete blocks = 1 crown jewel
    100 steel beams = 1 blood diamond

It could also be vice versa

1 crown jewel = 50 concrete blocks
    1 blood diamond = 100 steel beams

Which would also make those who like to jump ship and start new empires have a easier translation. If anyone can see any reason this should NOT be implemented please post as I see none as of now.
    sigpic
    Signature by: MageFX
  • PENNYWISE
    Brawler
    • Dec 2013

Re: Exchange Rate Idea

The same reason they haven't put recombinators in the fp shop. It will cost them money in doin that. The more bosses you have to hit the more money you have to spend. Just my opinion

Comment

• Godric
      Lieutenant
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by PENNYWISE View Post
      The same reason they haven't put recombinators in the fp shop. It will cost them money in doin that. The more bosses you have to hit the more money you have to spend. Just my opinion
      touchأ©...
      sigpic
      Signature by: MageFX

Comment

• NickyB
        Banned
        • Dec 2014

think about it this way:

1. Is fixing your problem gonna make more money for UE devs?
        2. if the answer is no, look at point 1

Comment

• Markz1337
          Street Boss
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by NickyB View Post
          1. Is fixing your problem gonna make more money for UE devs?
          2. if the answer is no, look at point 1
          Pretty much true to any free-to-play games.
          1594dc
          362b14
          Add Me

Comment

• Xcali1985
            Head Boss
            • Jun 2013

You should at least be able to combine 50 beams and 50 blocks to make 1 titanium beam

Comment

• Selene
              Retired Game Guru
              • Dec 2014

Tech lab improvements like the OP suggested are important for player retention, which in turn benefits the dev's revenue stream. To keep people around, the devs need to make sure that players feel that in-game goals are attainable, not impossible. Otherwise, the active player base will shrink as the small spenders give up the game.

Recent precedent was established when the devs cut legendary item ingredient requirements in half.
              Inactive as of July 14, 2015

Comment

• Marc
                Thug
                • Mar 2013

Agreed with last post. And i really like the idea of the exchange rate!

But maybe it should be more specific, fe. 50 commons makes one uncommon,

50 uncommons makes 1 rare etc. Numbers are open for discussion, but like tech lab parts, al these useless golden boys and omakases makes sense!

I don't have a problem getting another hotwire's ride on firestorm boss cause i know i need more to build something in tech lab! Getting omakases makes me sad!

Comment

• Mist
                  Retired Game Guru
                  • Jan 2013

I need something to get rid of the crappy stuff collecting rust. Totally approve this idea or something similar along these lines. Sry I have an ocd issue with unwanted stuff cluttering my collection. ��
                  sigpic

Comment

• Marc
                    Thug
                    • Mar 2013

Never had a problem with OCD, until i got another useless omakase!

Comment

• Cthulu
                      Retired Game Guru
                      • Dec 2014

The blocks/beams idea seems like a minor adjustment to the tech lab similar to the one where you can exchange refill types.
                      Come join us
                      on the official
                      Underworld Empire Discord Server
                      https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Comment

Working...
                      X