• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mist
    Retired Game Guru
    • Jan 2013

New incentives with new eve grid?

i know it's been talked about before. But with the new grid coming soonâ„¢ I wanted to have a discussion among the players about some incentives for eve.

It's been noticed by I am sure a lot of the players that, except for within the few top 20-30 empires, eve is almost dead in terms of fun and any enthusiasm from players. Specially new players.
    Just having a new grid won't solve this problem. It will be like a shiny new toy discarded within a few days.

My suggestion would be to give end of season awards to teams in the different leagues.

1) 30 fp to teams in legends or 10 free scratchers
    2) 20 fp to diamond or 5 free scratchers
    3) 10 fp to platinum or 4 free scratchers
    4) 5fp to gold or 3 free scratchers
    5) 3fp to silver or 2 free scratchers
    6) 1fp to bronze or 1 free scratcher

Giving the fp for a seasonal reward imo would be an awesome award. It's virtual and costs nothing to pa who in turn stand to make more from players getting the zing back to try and casual spend more or even encourage new players to join just to get activity.

The badges are really not that great an incentive imo. They have no meaning to the majority playing players nor the real drive to get players excited to really try for a shiny dragon badge etc, a lot of teams will likely never ever get them anyways.
    Thoughts? Cheers 🍻🍻
    sigpic
  • Bonsai
    Banned
    • Apr 2014

Re: New incentives with new eve grid?

I think creating a new tier, lets call it epic league, would do wonders for the game. This would allow the best of the best to fight it out in epic league and give those empires that are low tier legend more fun, as opposed to making it to legend just to be beat down hard and sent packing to diamond once again.

As to the rewards you mentioned, they seem low, perhaps double them, make it really something to shoot for!

Comment

• AnalOverload
      Boss
      • Jan 2013

If I'm not mistaken, I thought the teaser said "later this year". That was last year.... Anyone else seen or find that teaser?

**Tap Banner for Latest AO LT post**

Comment

• Xcali1985
        Head Boss
        • Jun 2013

Problem I see with this is you are essentially telling empires that are too good to be in the top of diamond but not good enough to be top legend that the people they can beat get something and the people they can't beat get something.

Them being in the middle get nothing.

Comment

• Cthulu
          Retired Game Guru
          • Dec 2014

I think a reward sounds like a lot of fun. It doesn't even have to be FP, it could be gear, weapons, an Lt, anything really. Make sure to bookmark this thread for the future though when people complain about the rewards they're getting!
          Come join us
          on the official
          Underworld Empire Discord Server
          https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Comment

• Aprilwine
            Street Boss
            • Oct 2013

I think your idea for incentive rewards is great! I've always wanted to see some kind of reward outside of what the achievs give us for being active in EvE. The prizes for FP is what I would hope for...not scratchers.
            sigpic

Comment

• Markz1337
              Street Boss
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by AnalOverload View Post
              If I'm not mistaken, I thought the teaser said "later this year". That was last year.... Anyone else seen or find that teaser?
              Did remenber seeing that. It was a 4x3 grid. I guess they have found a problem.

As for prizes

Legend: crate roll, 10 scratchers, 2 refills each, 1 recombinator of their choice
              Diamond: 10 scratchers, 1 refill reach, 1 recombinator random
              Platinum: 7 scratchers, 1 random refill
              Gold: 5 scratchers, 2 epic gear, 4 rare gear
              Silver: 3 scratchers, 2 rare gear, 3 uncommon gear
              Bronze: 1 scratcher, 2 uncommon gear, 1 common gear

A new teir should be place in the top 2, Elite. The 2nd place prize: 15 scratchers, 1 of each refill, one random refill, random recombinator.
              1594dc
              362b14
              Add Me

Comment

• Mist
                Retired Game Guru
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Xcali1985 View Post
                Problem I see with this is you are essentially telling empires that are too good to be in the top of diamond but not good enough to be top legend that the people they can beat get something and the people they can't beat get something.

Them being in the middle get nothing.
                Just have to be in legends league. Not taking top ten or so in mind. Lots of team slide in and out of different leagues. Point is to encourage them to increase activity and participate. Even normal teams with decently active players can make it to legends. The point is to encourage participation and make people look forward to the rewards. It's like a mini seasonal event in eve terms. Everyone knows top ten is near impossible for casual teams. But with decent planing teams can certainly achieve different league statuses. . What would you suggest?
                sigpic

Comment

• Dr death
                  Kingpin
                  • May 2013

I like the idea based on empire activity. The more active your team is (win or lose) the better the reward.

Calculate it based on number of wars active in and not just battle points (otherwise people will not take losses).

If you change teams, prorated based on time spent on teams

Comment

• Dr death
                    Kingpin
                    • May 2013

I agree and the biggest reason EVE is dropping off are the new upgrades are simply not achievable as it stands now for any empire outside the top 50 in any sort of a reasonable time period.

My Top 10 empire is just now getting it, my other empire will not have it a year from now and it is a mid tier legend. The bar has been set just far too high for any Normal empire to get it.

Now if they want to make EVE fun again, have a week where EVERYONE has the upgrades so that they get to experience it. Repeat this about once a quarter and people could get jazzed up about EvE again.

Comment

• Static
                      Consigliere
                      • Feb 2013

I like the idea, but I feel it's flawed with how you determine the awards. Personally I'd rather see it based off of an individual ranking system and depending on that will determine your reward. In other words, why should possible freeloaders get rewards for something they didn't help do? Make them earn it instead

Comment

• Mist
                        Retired Game Guru
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Static View Post
                        I like the idea, but I feel it's flawed with how you determine the awards. Personally I'd rather see it based off of an individual ranking system and depending on that will determine your reward. In other words, why should possible freeloaders get rewards for something they didn't help do? Make them earn it instead
                        Free loaders get booted. That's the idea. To increase activity in empire wars. And make eve fun. If u make awards individual based then it leads to the confusion and resentment that eve leader board etc causes imo. Activity like for my team is at least 2/4 wars. Or at times even 1/4 a day because we don't like making it feel like a job. Specially considering eve actually does nothing to improve a person's toon in any manner that can effect its effectiveness in any other aspect of the game unlike boss hunting or pvp where rewards make you stronger.
                        Last edited by Mist; 01-31-2015, 10:19 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• DL_Joker
                          Underboss
                          • Oct 2014

I love this idea. I feel like there's a lack of competitiveness in EvE outside of the top 50 Empires or so. It would encourage EvE activity, it'd encourage active members in inactive empires to move to more active empires, and it's more reasonable than the badges.

My Regards,
                          Joker,
                          Manager of Dark London.

Comment

• Tintin
                            Goon
                            • Mar 2014

cool idea but it really won't increase eve competitiveness. The problem is that the gap between the top 100 legend and the rest of the players is waaaay too huge. This game has no cap/limit, so new players will never ever catch up to the top, which is kind of discouraging.

Comment

• Rowdy
                              Brawler
                              • Dec 2013

I have a suggestion if eve is boring to you. Join an empire that's competitive.

This idea will never happen. PA isn't going to reward a thousand empires for just being there. If they EVER decided to reward empires with items based on where they finish each season in EvE, it'll be the top 10 empires. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Comment

Working...
                              X