• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rekaged
    Lackey
    • Jan 2015

Advice on Sniper Build

Hey guys

I've been playing Empire for about a month now and am really enjoying it. It took me a while to understand the Class system and I have now changed to Sniper after playing as an enforcer for the first 60 odd levels.

Currently i am Level 161, my stats are as follows

Energy - 800
    Stamina - 203
    Att - 99
    Def - 35
    Health - 100

I really like participating in EvE and farming bosses (illuminati atm) i have just finished completed my 1st Apache.

Its only been in the last 5 levels that i have started pumping points into attack, Only because i want to do more damage in EvE.

I still have to get my 501 Allies.....its taking me ages...

My 4 seats are

Assassin - Ariel
    Enforcer - Tagg
    Right Hand - Fox
    Captain - Kate

all 1 star.....

I have a 3 star Penelope that i use during Jobs and 2* Charmaine that use for the bank.

So im just looking for a bit of guidance, am i travelling in the right direction? Should i keep putting points into Att or should i look to get my Energy and Stam to 2000 and 1000 respectively??

Thanks for taking time to read my post. All advice welcome, you can tell me what i have done wrong im all ears, I just want to make sure im not hindering myself for the future.

Thanks again
  • Chris974
    Goon
    • Nov 2014

Re: Advice on Sniper Build

If your planning on playing the game for a long time then I recommend getting energy to 2k and stam to 1k. Yes you will lvl very quickly and you'll be high lvl when your done but it will allow you to farm dice jobs for better lts and decent gear from bosses. If you pvp I wouldn't go this way cos you'll be very weak for a long time. Which you may wanna go hybrid say 1k energy and 500 stam. Once you finished energy and stam I would do attack or defense not both as if you go attack you'll use 70% att stat for defense. And vice versa if you go defense. As a sniper I would go all attack. I would also get at least 200 health. But if your only planning to play for a short time I would go bsi which means you have low energy and stam but very high att/def. however, you'll lvl slowly. Hope this helps

Comment

• zserg
      Brawler
      • Feb 2014

I plan to play for a long time and have went for the bsi build

I agree that going for 2K/1K ene/stm is probably the best you could do. However it will probably take a while before you can bring your pvp stats up enough to have a good amount of targets.

Still, if you ever plan to refill, you can make up the ground fast, and the game does offer quite a few free refills. If you're like me, and have 110 stamina, the free refills won't be very useful.
      Originally posted by Yoda
      Do or do not, there is no try

Comment

• TheD
        Soldier
        • Jul 2014

Like ive said many times before; the discussion about how much stam/eng is worthless without knowing how much u plan on spending. If u only spend a little, then going 2K eng and 1K stam will make you weak forever. Im pretty big, but im still glad that I am far far away from full LSi (2Keng/1Kstam).

And by saying this, im assuming you want to be strong. If you just want to have fun with bosses and jobs, then sure, go full LSi..

Comment

• DL_Joker
          Underboss
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by TheD View Post
          Like ive said many times before; the discussion about how much stam/eng is worthless without knowing how much u plan on spending. If u only spend a little, then going 2K eng and 1K stam will make you weak forever. Im pretty big, but im still glad that I am far far away from full LSi (2Keng/1Kstam).

And by saying this, im assuming you want to be strong. If you just want to have fun with bosses and jobs, then sure, go full LSi..
          I concur. People argue that you can reach level 1000 for much cheaper by going full LSI, but that's no good, because you don't have any strength. Full BSI limits your ability to level, while full LSI makes you fairly weak, assuming you don't spent much. Hybrids are the light spender's best friend. Don't go full BSI or full LSI unless you plan to drop more than a few hundred.

My Regards,
          Joker,
          Manager of Dark London.

Comment

• Static
            Consigliere
            • Feb 2013

First off ask yourself what do you enjoy the most and build accordingly to that. By reading your post you mention EvE and bosses so that gives me the idea of where to go with your build

So based off what you said here's what I'd do. First stop pumping into energy. Second build up your attack and stamina. You could do this a few different ways. When you level you could do something like 1 stamina to 3 attack or 2 stamina to 1 attack. And when you finish a job you could put that stat to your attack

But really it's what you enjoy. You could finish out and go full LSI if you want, completely up to you and how you feel you'd want to play. Another option rather than going 2000/1000 is 1000/500 and be a hybrid, you'll still be really weak for a while BUT you can still do every part of the game and enjoy yourself

But like I said, ask yourself what you truly enjoy and build accordingly to that

Comment

• Rekaged
              Lackey
              • Jan 2015

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to start putting 2 points in Stam and the rest into att until my Stam hits 500, (good 6-12 months away I'd say) I really like eve and want to help more during that. I havnt looked at pvp since Level 20. Current stats are

Energy - 800
              stam - 210
              Att - 180
              Def - 35
              Healtg - 100

Just got my first epic Lt - Col Zhu

Would like to start staring up my lts also..... Not sure whether I should 5 star all areas 1st thou. At this stage I have just entered site before Italy. Down town maybe.... I forget.

Anyway thanks again, will update in a few weeks

Comment

• NickyB
                Banned
                • Dec 2014

First things first, I think a hybrid is a good idea in your case: 1000 E / 500 S
                (Pay your respects religiously, they help also increase stats, even if it's at a snails pace)

Build: You like EvE: Sniper is all about Attack and Health get 1000 atk and 300 health. You're supposed to be hitting hard preparing the ground for your Sins to come and finish the job, your atk needs to be strong.

Skills: Veteran, Headshot, Killing Spree, Sureshot, concealed shot, Armor piercing (forget the rest until you max these out)

LTs: Equip LTs that increase Critical and Attack. These are the LTs you need to star up (use the others as fuse meat).
                Critical: Dragon lord, Alpha, Paine, Blink, Nightshade
                Attak: Dragon Lee, Raven, Fox, The Saw, shadow, ghost, spider...
                if you have Vanquish or Miss Conduct, they increase Critical Damage.

you can start with that.

LT choice and

Comment

Working...
                X