• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Irish
    Brawler
    • Apr 2016

Re: EvE Matchmaking Explanation

This was answered somewhere but basically from what i can remember wins or losses that are fast dont count as much toward moving rank either way. This was due to the idea that most empires have a sort of down time when most members arent playing and so this down time wouldnt help raise the rank of the winning team or lower the rank of the losing team very much.

Comment

• Xcali1985
      Head Boss
      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Irish View Post
      This was answered somewhere but basically from what i can remember wins or losses that are fast dont count as much toward moving rank either way. This was due to the idea that most empires have a sort of down time when most members arent playing and so this down time wouldnt help raise the rank of the winning team or lower the rank of the losing team very much.
      Win big don’t move.
      Lose big don’t move.
      Win close jump up 100 spots
      Lose close fall 100 spots.

If your in close contests then you are where you need to be. No idea why winning a close game means your way better than your placement.

If you win big jump up. Your obviously better than your placement. Lose big fall down to your level.

Why is it backwards?

Comment

• alexian
        • Jun 2013

The ideea was to keep the the empires more close together. Not every time top 10 fought each other, basically every empire that met a top 5 got a big lose. They weren't penalized so big and lose contact with top places.

That was two (? maybe more) years ago. When there were more competitive empires, and basically only 3-4 "top" empires. Maybe an update is needed, indeed.

Or you know, the ideea from forum with auto-boot of inactives and so, hopefully an auto-equilibrium of empires, actives gathering more in active empires.
        48BE8B

Comment

• Irish
          Brawler
          • Apr 2016

Problem with this is that alot of people dont want to move (myself included) because me and my group have built this empire for 3 years. And then go somewhere and what? Fight a bunch of guys way stronger than us? Take losses all game? Feel like your not contributing very much? There has to be varying levels of strength and activity. So that matchups are fun for all players.

Comment

• alexian
            • Jun 2013

One of the criteria for "match making" is the empire strength. If an empire has many strong inactives, used only as meat shields, they artificially increase the empire strength ( sum of members attack / defense power). Which leads to incorrect matching.

The problem that I see with auto booting is next. In case of auto booting, the active players will gather in 200 (ish) empires, which will lead to lack of variety in matches. Which is, actually, a problem of retaining the players.
            If many players (myself included) will prefer to remain in empires with 20ish members, fine, they can continue like that.

What I think could help in the long run? Auto boot from empires (not toon delete from game) of inactive members, that don't appear in last month's leaderboard (if they are just in a holiday, they can easily join again the empire). And a 2nd server for new players, up to 5k sp. That way, new players find more easily even wars and are not thrown together immediately in the mix with the veterans. At 5k sp (2k en, 1k st, 1k attack or defense) they are considered strong enough to be moved in the big toons server.
            Last edited by alexian; 03-08-2018, 06:52 AM.
            48BE8B

Comment

• Mobile Mob
              Lieutenant
              • May 2016

Originally posted by Diamond_DS View Post
              I have a newer empire, lower levels, level 2 hq. We are generally active, 11-19 show up for wars, and in the beginning we started off with a big winning streak. Since then we have had so many bad matchs, going up against shields and nuke silos and research labs, all high level fams. We bounce back and forth between gold and platinum league, our win /loss is pretty much even.
              Lol I would love to come across game with at least similar range of upgrades (like other games it looks at hq level kinda thing). I know level ranges are all over the place. But it would be nice to have a few more balanced wars. The wars are fun, and are funniest when closer matches for sure.
              I have the same problem.
              Empires with full upgrades don't belong in silver /gold.
              EDIT: empires with HQ level 1,2 and 3 silver and gold
              EDIT: empires with HQ level 4,5 and 6 diamond, platinum and legend

Silver and gold are there for new empires recruiting, building and upgrading.
              Last edited by Mobile Mob; 03-08-2018, 10:51 AM. Reason: edit

Comment

• mr_teflon
                Lieutenant
                • May 2014

Originally posted by Xcali1985 View Post
                Win big don’t move.
                Lose big don’t move.
                Win close jump up 100 spots
                Lose close fall 100 spots.

If your in close contests then you are where you need to be. No idea why winning a close game means your way better than your placement.

If you win big jump up. Your obviously better than your placement. Lose big fall down to your level.

Why is it backwards?
                I remember a long time ago this was explained on this forum somewhere, its something to do with if a war is really close then your empire is really going for it and the amount of participation needed to win this war could be stuff like everyone watching their screens doing all they can to bring home the win, now multiply that by 4 wars a day or 3 like loads of people attend and to some that might be fun but is overkill for a lot of people to sit there and watch a screen constantly, so winning a close war pushes you up in the rankings alot so you dont have too many of these types of war and you either get smashed by a higher team or if you lose a close war you go down a lot so you get a easier team in theory to smash, think it was explained by the devs to stop players burning out playing 3 wars a day like this.

Comment

Working...
                X