• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • | BOSS YUEN |
    Banned
    • Mar 2013

UW ≠ CA, but...

Aside from forcing your culture on us lol jks, what are some of your favourite CA features that aren't in UW?

I'm finally at rest, but empire bouncing introduced me randomly to a lot of CA players. I'm getting a bit bored, so knowing what might come to UW from CA would be pretty interesting to hear.

E.g. What is this "arena" Chelsea keeps talking about? How do you think it'll work in UW?
  • DvEight
    Banned
    • Mar 2013

Re: UW ≠ CA, but...

as a pvper........ arena

Comment

ARENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me battling away in ARENA VII in CA now:

Arena Baby!.jpg

Comment

http://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Arena
        Originally posted by | BOSS YUEN | View Post
        E.g. What is this "arena" Chelsea keeps talking about? How do you think it'll work in UW?

Comment

• DvEight
          Banned
          • Mar 2013

its an event specifically for pvpers. the best of the best come to play. some LSI builds will do well, but the arena is for the pvpers

Comment

• Voodoo jester
            Banned
            • May 2013

Aside from forcing your culture on us lol jks, what are some of your favourite CA features that aren't in UW?

I'm finally at rest, but empire bouncing introduced me randomly to a lot of CA players. I'm getting a bit bored, so knowing what might come to UW from CA would be pretty interesting to hear.

You have conquest which is basically like empire battles but on a grander scale.

There's runes.

There's hero alliances (heroes with similar abities teaming up to be even stronger)

And you have pierce/resist which manipulate your effective attack/defense.. There's elements which do the same thing

There's "divine power"

Comment

• Asteraea
              Captain
              • Mar 2013

Free for all gladiator battles that will end in blood shed and gore. It will only end when the last person is standing above all the pathetic weaklings that challenged their might.... Or at least that what I think they are....
              sigpic

Comment

• Mist
                Retired Game Guru
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Voodoo jester View Post
                You have conquest which is basically like empire battles but on a grander scale.

There's runes.

There's hero alliances (heroes with similar abities teaming up to be even stronger)

And you have pierce/resist which manipulate your effective attack/defense.. There's elements which do the same thing

There's "divine power"
                Yup. This pretty much sums it up. But one thing I don't like is the time for event like arena. 20 days of non stop pvp. And you can be a lvl 200 fighting lvl 300-400 it's so random. Love the events here in ue much better. Short and sweet.
                sigpic

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAH!
                  Originally posted by Asteraea View Post
                  Free for all gladiator battles that will end in blood shed and gore. It will only end when the last person is standing above all the pathetic weaklings that challenged their might.... Or at least that what I think they are....
                  I agree Mist, the time frame for arena is to long, that's my only issue with it.
                  Originally posted by Mist View Post
                  Yup. This pretty much sums it up. But one thing I don't like is the time for event like arena. 20 days of non stop pvp. And you can be a lvl 200 fighting lvl 300-400 it's so random. Love the events here in ue much better. Short and sweet.

You will of course need loads of FP to keep re- KILLING rather than waiting for token regen

Comment

• -=Stone=-
                    Brawler
                    • Feb 2013

I gave up CA late part of last year. They had seperate games (basically) one for ios, and one for Facebook/web. Yet the guild battles and everything else put both ios and FB/Web accounts together which was pointless for those who started on ios. I gave it 6 months to be fixed and i heard its even now after a year or two. Meh, UE is a much better game imo.

Comment

• -=Stone=-
                      Brawler
                      • Feb 2013

And yes these events so far are way superior to the two week no-sleep no-stop arena clustertrucks CA had

Comment

• | BOSS YUEN |
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Voodoo jester View Post

There's runes.

There's "divine power"
                        Sounds sweet. VJ, can you give examples how those might work in UW? Is pierce/resist bought or achieved?

Chelsea, from ss, I'm guessing Arena comes out only when the facebook platform comes out?

Comment

Pierce and Resist can be brought into UE via Lieutenants having those abilities or certain objects created for UE that can be attached to gear/weapons like CA does.

Arena is on IOS as well. I am an IOS player but with access to web3, I just uploaded web version snapshots

Chelsea, from ss, I'm guessing Arena comes out only when the facebook platform comes out?
                          So far $100 on fps spent and i have 17 more days of 24 hour PvP to go. Pure Madness. I need a loan from PA

Comment

• Paul
                            Assassin
                            • Nov 2012

I'm hoping any arena in UE is less time and not as much of an FP sink. I think most of the highest BSI players don't use much FP so it still might be a misrepresentation of PvP power. For instance, my old alt was at 8.3 BSI when I stopped playing him and it was only with default stamina and energy so even after a very long time I only hit level 106. I've never met anyone with a higher BSI than that so far although I would assume some in UG are around there. I'm definitely eagerly awaiting the details of future updates.
                            Paul - EmpireShadows

Comment

• Voodoo jester
                              Banned
                              • May 2013

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                              I'm hoping any arena in UE is less time and not as much of an FP sink. I think most of the highest BSI players don't use much FP so it still might be a misrepresentation of PvP power. For instance, my old alt was at 8.3 BSI when I stopped playing him and it was only with default stamina and energy so even after a very long time I only hit level 106. I've never met anyone with a higher BSI than that so far although I would assume some in UG are around there. I'm definitely eagerly awaiting the details of future updates.

Well if arenas in ue are anything like the ones in castle age they will be token based and there will be two tiers.. 1 for very low level players and one for high level players (ca has the cap for the lower tier at 140 I believe) the token base for arenas is good but being allowed to purchase refills? I mean we may as well just be using stamina at that point

Comment

Working...
                              X