• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • genesiser
    Thug
    • Oct 2014

How valuable is health in EvE?

Not just how valuable is health, but what I would really like to know is would an enforcer going pure health be a waste of space? I am building up my energy/sp to about 300/300 and then was planning on going all health since I got into an empire that is fairly active in EvE and I don't really care about doing regular pvp. While it would take a very long time, I figure by the time I get to level 1000 I'll have ~15,000 health. But, without putting any points into defense, will that 15k be pretty much worthless? I've searched the forums and I can't seem to find an answer...

Any help would be appreciated.
  • eti
    Street Boss
    • Nov 2013

Re: How valuable is health in EvE?

Health is useless without defense... Assassins will cripple the hell out of you and kill you with only a dozen tokens if you dont have any defense and too much health

Comment

• genesiser
      Thug
      • Oct 2014

Oh wow, I didn't know there was a skill to take out 20% hp with one shot if it was a win... So I supposed a 3/2 def/hp build would be better overall? Or would that 3 def/ level not really make a difference? (It would be ~2400 def/ 7.9k hp by lvl 1000).
      Last edited by genesiser; 10-21-2014, 03:20 AM.

Comment

• DvEight
        Banned
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by eti View Post
        Health is useless without defense... Assassins will cripple the hell out of you and kill you with only a dozen tokens if you dont have any defense and too much health
        That's wrong lmao. High health low defense deflects ftw. Health is priceless in EvE

Comment

• Markz1337
          Street Boss
          • Apr 2013

Be sure to rock deflect 3, that will help, but still it is good to have some defense to rock with last stand.
          1594dc
          362b14
          Add Me

Comment

• XerXes
            Goon
            • Mar 2014

There is a place in UE for the enorcer type that is all health with no defense. As pointed out above, you could be a deflect machine and if you deflect one of those cripples you can pretty much bet the guy receiving the deflect is now dead. My biggest caution to you would be this: If this is the only toon you play with, then don't do it. If its a mini you are building to help the empire in eve then that is fine, but as your main toon you will get very very frustrated. You may not care about PvP, but plenty of people do. You will be an easy target to steal cash from. More health = more hotwire opportunities and once you are low on cash you wont be able to build weapons or properties. You also will have a ridiculous heal cost that you probably wont be able to afford. That means your ability to do bosses is crippled. Basically you are sacrificing a lot of the game to achieve this build.

Comment

• Pmich
              Enforcer
              • Jun 2013

Cripple
              Hotwire

Comment

• d1sp0
                Goon
                • Jul 2014

something to consider... that high health is only going to help you during your first life of eve. all the rest are basically limited by your empire's hospital level.

it is much more beneficial in low-mid tiers to have massive health and low def than it is in higher tiers. there are plenty of toons in the higher tiers that will smoke you quickly with that setup.

Comment

• genesiser
                  Thug
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by d1sp0 View Post
                  something to consider... that high health is only going to help you during your first life of eve. all the rest are basically limited by your empire's hospital level.

it is much more beneficial in low-mid tiers to have massive health and low def than it is in higher tiers. there are plenty of toons in the higher tiers that will smoke you quickly with that setup.
                  Well this is an alt and once I got 200 stam and eng I decided to go all health. I'm not worried about hotwire because this guy barely has any money anyway because I just don't make much with this guy. Also I'm not really worried about 2nd or 3rd lives via health packs because for one, I don't have the patience to constantly check the empire battle to actively defend and two, I just go into a battle, attack once, then switch to my main which is a demo build. Anyway, it's not too bad so far. It's level 146, has deflect 2 and about 3800 health in empire battles. It typically absorbs 14-30 tokens in the first building depending on the empire we are battling. So far it's doing what I expected it to do and as time goes on I'll have a massive health pool which will be nice. If nothing else, it'll give me a false sense of strength, lol. Not bad for only spending like 15 mins on this guy each day - worth in my opinion, haha.

Comment

• Mdwstrnkid
                    Consigliere
                    • Aug 2013

As I mentioned in a couple of other posts, I decided to go with a high health, low def enforcer for my alt. While I would definitely not recommend doing this as your main build, he's been pretty fun to play as an alt. I'm mostly into boss fighting and EvE and his build does reasonably well in both. He has just under 1k stam and coupled with a 900+ atk (yes, I do know that 70% of atk contributes to effective def), he can get some decent points in boss fights. His high health means that I don't have to heal as frequently either (which is good, since it costs me more than $1m for a full heal).

As for Hotwire, I usually drop as much stam as needed to bring him to zero health after each level up. After that, he usually only auto-generates at most a couple of hundred health before he gets attacked, so the amount lost is not much worse than someone with a lower amount of health. I only heal him when I'm about to boss fight, so I only have full health for a very small percentage of the time.

Cripple can bring him down quickly, but in most battles, he can usually absorb 40 or more tokens before he's dead (we usually fight in the 50-100 range in legend), so I'd say that he's reasonably effective in EvE. He's hit juggernaut a few times (he has Jugg 3 to go along with Deflect 3 and Die Hard 3), in which case can sometimes absorb 100+ tokens without packing. I've also seen him deflect some big cripples after he hit jugg. I would have loved to see the face of the assassin who got a 2500 damage cripple deflected back at him; it took him a moment to realize what happened as I saw in the war log that he tried to drop a couple of more cripples before he realized that he was very dead.

Comment

• Bonsai
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2014

So...assuming the following examples all have deflect 3, jugg 3, and diehard 3....

a) 2000 health

b) 1500 health and 500 defense

c) 1000 health and 1000 defense

d) 500 health and 1500 defense

e) 2000 defense

Which enforcer setup do you think would be best for eve and why?
                      Last edited by Bonsai; 12-26-2014, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Chino12882
                        Thug
                        • Aug 2014

Depends on your role. If you're an active healer, you need more def and less health. If you're a speed bump, more health.

To the OP, with 15k health, adaptation would be a nasty little skill considering how many non-cripple shots it would take to fell you.

Comment

• DvEight
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Markz1337 View Post
                          Be sure to rock deflect 3, that will help, but still it is good to have some defense to rock with last stand.
                          I don't agree with that too much. I would rather have more health than do minimal extra dmg on last stand

Comment

• DvEight
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Bonsai View Post
                            So...assuming the following examples all have deflect 3, jugg 3, and diehard 3....

a) 2000 health

b) 1500 health and 500 defense

c) 1000 health and 1000 defense

d) 500 health and 1500 defense

e) 2000 defense

Which enforcer setup do you think would be best for eve and why?
                            I have a lvl 300 with 2000 health.... With cent in I have a little over 9600 base EvE health. Barely any defense and I will absorb around 30 tokens without doing anything. I vote a. This isn't a build to play as a main tho.... Gotta have a diff account

Comment

• DvEight
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mdwstrnkid View Post
                              As I mentioned in a couple of other posts, I decided to go with a high health, low def enforcer for my alt. While I would definitely not recommend doing this as your main build, he's been pretty fun to play as an alt. I'm mostly into boss fighting and EvE and his build does reasonably well in both. He has just under 1k stam and coupled with a 900+ atk (yes, I do know that 70% of atk contributes to effective def), he can get some decent points in boss fights. His high health means that I don't have to heal as frequently either (which is good, since it costs me more than $1m for a full heal).

As for Hotwire, I usually drop as much stam as needed to bring him to zero health after each level up. After that, he usually only auto-generates at most a couple of hundred health before he gets attacked, so the amount lost is not much worse than someone with a lower amount of health. I only heal him when I'm about to boss fight, so I only have full health for a very small percentage of the time.

Cripple can bring him down quickly, but in most battles, he can usually absorb 40 or more tokens before he's dead (we usually fight in the 50-100 range in legend), so I'd say that he's reasonably effective in EvE. He's hit juggernaut a few times (he has Jugg 3 to go along with Deflect 3 and Die Hard 3), in which case can sometimes absorb 100+ tokens without packing. I've also seen him deflect some big cripples after he hit jugg. I would have loved to see the face of the assassin who got a 2500 damage cripple deflected back at him; it took him a moment to realize what happened as I saw in the war log that he tried to drop a couple of more cripples before he realized that he was very dead.
                              That's badass man, I didn't really add to much to LSI at all lol. I think I'm rockin 400 en/250stam and 2k health. Die hard 3 and juggs 3 I can't wait.... Bout to get adap 3 then I gotta work on so much other shit haha. I can't wait for that account to be fully built..... That attack you got must make your last stand sweet

Comment

Working...
                              X