Keeping up with actives and inactives possible log?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slh
    Goon
    • Feb 2013

Keeping up with actives and inactives possible log?

So,
    After being in a few wars now, I have noticed that communication is a necessarily, and it is taking alot of work trying to figure out who is actually fallowing strategy and who is just coming in and dumping tokens. Has there been any talk of a possible "battle log" maybe only visible to officers through a specific chat room.. Kinda like how there is a trash talk chat room..it would be nice to have a running thread in a chat room of who is hitting who, not only to see who is not playing but when you are in chat and following what the team is doing, alot of times the chat lags along with the actual war. So say I was supposed to go kill "Jane doe", sometimes after clicking out of chat and going to the building, by the time I get there Jane is dead, I'm a sniper and only buildings are open to hit a d 15 minutes are left so I A)just don't do anything and get no points or B) hit the building getting like 14 points and practically killing myself.
    anybody agree and empire war battle log would be a good idea?
    $tephsigpic
  • Slh
    Goon
    • Feb 2013

Re: Keeping up with actives and inactives possible log?

Originally posted by Slh View Post
    So,
    After being in a few wars now, I have noticed that communication is a necessarily, and it is taking alot of work trying to figure out who is actually fallowing strategy and who is just coming in and dumping tokens. Has there been any talk of a possible "battle log" maybe only visible to officers through a specific chat room.. Kinda like how there is a trash talk chat room..it would be nice to have a running thread in a chat room of who is hitting who, not only to see who is not playing but when you are in chat and following what the team is doing, alot of times the chat lags along with the actual war. So say I was supposed to go kill "Jane doe", sometimes after clicking out of chat and going to the building, by the time I get there Jane is dead, I'm a sniper and only buildings are open to hit a d 15 minutes are left so I A)just don't do anything and get no points or B) hit the building getting like 14 points and practically killing myself.
    anybody agree and empire war battle log would be a good idea?
    Sorry for the typos :/ such as "is a necessity"
    $tephsigpic

Comment

• C A P T A I N
      Consigliere
      • Jan 2013

You can edit your post by tapping the button that looks like a pencil. As for a battle log it would be a good idea but there's more cons then pros e.g. Low level attacks high level, high level wants revenge and chains said player.
      You Industry. We in the streets.

a i r в о r n e ✈

Comment

• TonKa
        Underboss
        • Jan 2013

I've created several battle logs using spreadsheet containing (battles attended, boss fights, avg points earned for each, bsi, and donations) I have to say improvments across the board, but be a multi-tasker or fall victim to a mushy brain, Btw the chart helps maintain focus, and being able to identify your weak areas and mend it is invaluable,

Good Luck on either venture peace
        sigpic
        # VJ please stop quoting every comment, TonKa*"

Comment

• The doctor
          Lackey
          • Mar 2013

Make a good point thanks for sharing I will be interested in seeing with the response is. Thanks The Doctor

Comment

• The doctor
            Lackey
            • Mar 2013

The doctor;
            you Make a good point thanks for sharing. I will be interested in seeing with the response is. Thanks The Doctor

Comment

• Slh
              Goon
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by The doctor View Post
              Make a good point thanks for sharing I will be interested in seeing with the response is. Thanks The Doctor
              Originally posted by Captn Cuntpunt View Post
              You can edit your post by tapping the button that looks like a pencil. As for a battle log it would be a good idea but there's more cons then pros e.g. Low level attacks high level, high level wants revenge and chains said player.
              But what if the battle log was only seen by the empire fighting, almost like running through a chat room or somehow connected to their profile or even when the hit or attack it is somehow shown on the battle screen on the side...something I don't know just throwing ideas out, but the opposing team wouldn't see it, only each individual empire...
              $tephsigpic

Comment

• Slh
                Goon
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by TonKa View Post
                I've created several battle logs using spreadsheet containing (battles attended, boss fights, avg points earned for each, bsi, and donations) I have to say improvments across the board, but be a multi-tasker or fall victim to a mushy brain, Btw the chart helps maintain focus, and being able to identify your weak areas and mend it is invaluable,

Good Luck on either venture peace
                See that is basically what we do but it is sooooo time consuming, what we really want to see is who is just coming in and unloading tokens and not coming to chat or who isn't fighting etc etc it would be such a benefit for leaders (like myself) and officers. This is a game and having to manually keep track of it almost takes the fun out of it you know? Would be alot easier if there was some sort of a log within the game, even if it was a running log, say in the trash talk chat rooms but the other empire couldn't see it...what do you think?
                Last edited by Slh; 03-11-2013, 06:25 AM. Reason: Typos!!! Blah
                $tephsigpic

Comment

• Karl
                  Goon
                  • Mar 2013

The game already keeps most of those stats, with a few exceptions. A few tweeks to the data tables, and I bet they can capture just about anything we want. Along with participation stats, I would love to see personal stats, attack and defense specifically.

Comment

• Muppet
                    Street Boss
                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                    The game already keeps most of those stats, with a few exceptions. A few tweeks to the data tables, and I bet they can capture just about anything we want. Along with participation stats, I would love to see personal stats, attack and defense specifically.
                    Battle log has been stated as coming in the 1.4 update.

Comment

• Karl
                      Goon
                      • Mar 2013

I was thinking about the forthcoming battle log today, and it crossed my mind that it would be great to be able to see your attack and defense probability based on your configuration. The game has to use something like this in PvP in order to determine who is going to win and who is going to lose in a fight.

Comment

• Karl
                        Goon
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by TonKa
                        Karl there are so many variables, so far that I dont think is happening anytime soon, I've seen 180's in battle. i.e- late arrivals, building upgrades, b.s.i just goes on but dont you like th mystery/challenge ? I get amped when we all work together and overcome what should have been loss. RESPECT SKULLS
                        Tonka - Sorry for not qualifying my post. I would like to see attack and defense probability for my Empire members. It would greatly aid me in placing them in buildings and setting up my battle plan. For the record, I love the anonymity of the enemy for the very same reasons you mention. The best part is that you never know what is going to happen in a War, but hope you positioned your team in the best possible profile.

Comment

• BHERB
                          Goon
                          • Mar 2013

I appointed myself as the secretary of my guild. I keep track of who participates and record it, as well as update the roster with any additions/subtractions. Right now I'm in the process of setting up a google spreadsheet so the other officers can check it to see who's contributing and who's not. I'm not going to give myself direct credit, but our participation has gone up quite a bit recently. I think numbers are really the most important thing next to strategy....especially if you're in a guild where most people are free players and we constantly get pitted against higher leveled guilds.
                          Empire: The Outlaws
                          Level: 560

Comment

• Darnkess
                            Lackey
                            • Jan 2013

I agree that it is too time consuming now with how it is setup to track activity. There are many ways to track it they could do, but the easiest would probably to transition over the code they already use in CA that gives a running total of boss/pvp activity in point value for all members of the empire to see. That way, the people that don't have a certain threshold get booted per officers. The only thing it won't do is ensure the people are following your strategy. But I think by at least giving us this feature from CA, would save a lot of time on the activity/inactivity tracking.

Comment

Working...
                            X