• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bungboy
    Hitman
    • Aug 2013

The issue with France heist event

UWE_Duke: Made this thread sticky for players to focus the discussion here.

Basically the heists are punishing to veteran/older players and give greater benefit to newer players by a huge margin. An older player is going to have to eat through refills (or fp) in order to complete all 17 jobs, but newer players are going to level up repeatedly during the event (especially since there's a high energy/xp return ratio) and get free refills for leveling up. Newer players basically don't have to spend anything to do the event and get all the shard rewards.

I like the idea and I'm grateful for any opportunities to get rare/epic shards.. but something has to be changed next time because this simply isn't fair. All my minis have way more completion than my level 974 toon, for free.. without using any refills. While my level 974 with 2250 E has wasted refills. This is a major flaw. Higher levels shouldn't be being punished just for having played the game longer.
    Last edited by UWE_Duke; 01-13-2017, 01:50 AM.
  • Missy
    Thug
    • Jun 2014

Re: The issue with France heist event

Whiner

Comment

• RedGuard
      Lackey
      • May 2016

300 milions in less than 30 minutes. I recall I farmed for weeks for the last buildings. It sure destroyed the economy.

Comment

• Fosspher
        Thug
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Babaju2 View Post
        Basically the heists are punishing to veteran/older players and give greater benefit to newer players by a huge margin. An older player is going to have to eat through refills (or fp) in order to complete all 17 jobs, but newer players are going to level up repeatedly during the event (especially since there's a high energy/xp return ratio) and get free refills for leveling up. Newer players basically don't have to spend anything to do the event and get all the shard rewards.

I like the idea and I'm grateful for any opportunities to get rare/epic shards.. but something has to be changed next time because this simply isn't fair. All my minis have way more completion than my level 974 toon, for free.. without using any refills. While my level 974 with 2250 E has wasted refills. This is a major flaw. Higher levels shouldn't be being punished just for having played the game longer.
        I agree! I have finished all my buildings a long time ago so the money isn't even needed for me. I feel like its more worth it to save up all the refills and fp for a real event. I have 2024 energy at lvl 964 so I also cap the difficulty level (it caps at 2000 or level 1500)

Comment

• Bungboy
          Hitman
          • Aug 2013

RE:The issue with France heist event

Yeah it's a good idea on paper; I also like the idea that we can reliably work towards rare/epic crates on a relatively regular basis now.. But on the other hand this is a giant fail and money-grab. You're better off just spending on crates or doing dice jobs. Cause the standard LSI player's build (most commonly built for any low/moderate spender) is 2k energy 1k stamina but this event makes you spend the maximum amount if you build the most cost-efficient way for any low-moderate spender. This event is just way too spendy for no reason. We aren't getting anything for free, and even if we do spend we aren't getting anything we can actually use afterwards.

Keep in mind most of us who are around level 1000 can't even level up within 3 days without spending. How ** can we get the energy to do more than one of these jobs without spending, if it costs like 60-70 energy for 3%?? If you're a non-spender, you would literally just finish 1-2 jobs and get 1-2 rare shard per heist, unless you saved refills but if you're gonna save refills, then you should use them on a real event with way better rewards.

As you said, we need some actually cheap (or preferably free) mini-events that let us slowly build our accounts without breaking the bank. We don't get anything from this heist garbage unless we spend on it but if you're gonna spend then it's way more worth it to just roll the crates/dice jobs instead of getting a measly tiny fraction of a crate.
          Last edited by Guest; 01-11-2017, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• DE7E4E
            Banned
            • Feb 2015

It would have been better if they just implemented the heists as daily quests IMO. Because let's be honest the daily quests are garbage as well. No real rewards.

Comment

• KOFOLA
              Soldier
              • Jul 2014

My mini has over 100 million in its bank, leveled up 20 times today, and is on the last level while my main is still on job 2

Comment

• Xcali1985
                Head Boss
                • Jun 2013

My main ate 8 refills. Boosted to 2300 with Enzo. My mini leveled 10 times and finished with 0 refills. The balance needs to be tweaked.

I spent 20$ even after I burned 8 saved refills as more of a good faith gesture to support a game that I've played for years that finally seems to be heading in the right direction.

I'll hold off judgement until I see what this mysterious store has and how much each item costs.

Essentially the closer you are to 2k energy even at a low level since 2k energy basically equaled 2.6k XP you are able to level quickly. My main has Frank boosted by Envy and they probably saved me at least a refill.

My recommendation would be like stated above, create a rare, epic, and mysterious achievement daily and at the end of the month of it takes 30 for each you can roll them.

Make the rare slightly harder than the daily, make the epic take a refills or so to complete, make the mysterious one be a weekly achievement or multiday one depending on how many you need to purchase something.

Comment

• DE7E4E
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2015

8 refills + 138 fp = 220 FP you dumped into this "event" lol. That could have been 8 crate rolls. Ahaha. Instead you have alot of cash and a part of a crate roll that I'd completely useless at the moment.

Comment

• Shifty
                    Brawler
                    • Jun 2015

There is no issue with France heists, my mainis on lvl 2 no spend and my mini is on lvl 5, if I want to spend on my main I can for the good xp benefits and the extra skill points available. Or maybe I will whine about it and then spend some money to level up just after the event, that would make sense.

Comment

• Xcali1985
                      Head Boss
                      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by DE7E4E View Post
                      8 refills + 138 fp = 220 FP you dumped into this "event" lol. That could have been 8 crate rolls. Ahaha. Instead you have alot of cash and a part of a crate roll that I'd completely useless at the moment.
                      I haven't spent the favor points. As I said. I purchased it after already completing the heist. I do have 145 FP sitting around and 11 more refills.

My purchase was more of showing support for them working towards creating something new in the game.

You'll find no one more critical than me of the previous devs, but I can feel change a brewing.

Comment

• Quaranj
                        Boss
                        • May 2015

Originally posted by Xcali1985 View Post
                        My main ate 8 refills. Boosted to 2300 with Enzo. My mini leveled 10 times and finished with 0 refills. The balance needs to be tweaked.
                        I noticed similar myself both in regards to my main and a newer mini. Once I realized the balance was so far off in terms of how many refills it would take to complete upon my main I became turned-off by the event. (Note to Devs: I was discouraged from spending instead of encouraged to do so.)

I leveled the day prior to the event, and without FP or refills I should level once again before the end of the event. I might end up with 2 silver shards out of the deal. It's going to take me a long time to get that Boulder this way :'D

The Mysterious Tokens would have to be advertised outright to yield things like super crates to change the view of myself and a few others I have spoke to about this - at current it seems we're better off hoarding any refills/FP for an event that will actually yield substantial loot.

Not complaining, merely stating my reasoning for holding my wallet on this event. It feels like Kabam's revenge. Seeing as the new team is making such huge progress in these forums, I hope that these things get the tweak that they deserve moving forward in order to increase participation.

Comment

• tambunan
                          Enforcer
                          • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Xcali1985 View Post
                          I haven't spent the favor points. As I said. I purchased it after already completing the heist. I do have 145 FP sitting around and 11 more refills.

My purchase was more of showing support for them working towards creating something new in the game.

You'll find no one more critical than me of the previous devs, but I can feel change a brewing.
                          Sir, i agreed with all your stated point. Whilst there should be some tweak and improvement regarding this mini event, i feel positive for the direction they are headed to.

I'm really crossing my finger at this point, that they continue to develop new things and breaking the old frame.

Comment

• Johnny86
                            Goon
                            • Aug 2013

I'm also at the cap with my main, and it took quite a bit of refills to finish. You know the thing with these "events" though? You don't have to do them. If you opt out, you won't really be punished that much. Save your refills and fp for other events that you feel are more worth it. Personally, I haven't been able to compete in any of the last few events without spending money, after using up all the refills I've accumulated. I didn't need to spend on the first heist, although if the next is released before I can build up more refills I might have to.

The only actual complaint I can see a veteran having is this is throwing off the balance, making it easier for new players to catch up. BUT THAT SHOULD BE THE GOAL!! Don't you want more new players to be in the game? And this game has been out for YEARS!! Most apps that have been for a long time will change the scaling to allow this. It's a good thing. Someone else getting a few crate shards and a couple hundred million in cash by spending a few refills less isn't going to break the game or diminish what you have already put into it by anything meaningful.

Comment

3rd post this week slowly making me see light at the end of the tunnel.
                              Originally posted by Johnny86 View Post
                              The only actual complaint I can see a veteran having is this is throwing off the balance, making it easier for new players to catch up. BUT THAT SHOULD BE THE GOAL!! Don't you want more new players to be in the game? And this game has been out for YEARS!! Most apps that have been for a long time will change the scaling to allow this. It's a good thing. Someone else getting a few crate shards and a couple hundred million in cash by spending a few refills less isn't going to break the game or diminish what you have already put into it by anything meaningful.
                              Personally, i think the heists is fine ( when compared to gold and silver jobs ) but that's just me ( FYI... i have low default energy and needed a refill to complete each job ).

Comment

Working...
                              X