Why do people say it's bad to split stats ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shifty
    Brawler
    • Jun 2015

Why do people say it's bad to split stats ?

My stats are split 4K attack 2k def, I was a term but have gone Titan now, I like to attack especially with bullrush and whiplash. I also find I am needed to defend a lot.

So with these stats going off dukes 75 percent rule.

Total attack 5.5k
    Total defence 5k

If I'd put all my points to defence

Total attack 4.5k
    Total defence 6 k

If I'd put all points to attack

Total attack 6k
    Total defence 4.5k

Why are them split stats so frowned upon and should I adjust them ?
  • tambunan
    Enforcer
    • Feb 2016

Re: Why do people say it's bad to split stats ?

Me too had same questions, i know that some said split stat will not reach full potential in attacking/defending - but it gives you balanced benefit in mitigation and damage.

Did i miss something? Or it was just a matter of psychological preference?

Comment

• Bungboy
      Hitman
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by tambunan View Post
      Me too had same questions, i know that some said split stat will not reach full potential in attacking/defending - but it gives you balanced benefit in mitigation and damage.

Did i miss something? Or it was just a matter of psychological preference?
      For some defenders, damage dealt doesn't matter at all and they just want to be the most effective damage mitigating meat shield tank they can be. And most attackers don't need any defense at all because a balance in mitigating and dealing damage often does you no good when you're in an offensive slot.

If you want to do more damage when attacking or counterdamage when defending, then the attack stat is better. If want to mitigate more damage when defending and attacking, and you don't mind dealing less damage and counter damage, then the defense stat is better. A balance is often not optimal if you play as a ghost or you only play as defending titan, but if find you need to switch roles often then go for it. If it works for you, who am I to say balanced stats are bad?

Comment

• Reaper9292
        Banned
        • Jan 2016

dont listen what people say just do ur own build .
        the only reason u could go full def stat on a defender is to make people lose more .
        but lets take my maxed titan account with 500 attack 4000 defense , it nice it absorbs lots of tokens with even when vengeance is at max effect my counter attack is low and also the damage i do isnt that big and its hard to win but i dont care bcz on this im focusing on mitigation the most damage i also have fiori and i benefit most of it if im all defense.
        on the other hand i have my other titan build with 3.3k attack 1k defense where i enjoy seeing people getting killed especially vs those empire that have 50 actives and half are weak minis and also enjoy the damage i do and armor gain.
        i added 1k defense to increase defending power but and might add another 1k when i reach 4k attack so ..
        so just do whatever u like with ur stats .

Comment

• Mist
          Retired Game Guru
          • Jan 2013

I have split stats so yup no way is bad. All up to your preferences. I play Titan so I find the split stats good for me. For players wanting a more attacking role split stats are wasted because of reduction in overall dmg for faster kills. Ghosts/reapers etc are better off with all attack stats. Then there are defensive builds for enforcers/sins etc as well. Your stats should reflect your play style. That's all there is to it imo.
          sigpic

Comment

• Shifty
            Brawler
            • Jun 2015

Thanks all, I'm happier now to know my split stats suit my role as both attacker and defender.

Comment

• Expeditus
              Goon
              • Mar 2014

I believe it's a 70% rule. Babaju hit it on the head though. A titan's perceptive priority is defending. As you continue to grow your character and hit the higher levels is probably where you'll start to feel the difference (meaning you will begin to lose more often to people you think you should have beat yet due to split stats....) and want to make the decision to go with either all attack or all defense.

Comment

• DFish
                Brawler
                • Mar 2015

The new player stat screen shows that loading up on one stat or the other actually has a limited affect. I have 3500 more attack and 3500 more defense on two toons and the stronger power is only 1k more than the weaker.

Look at it this way: every 10 sp on attack adds 7.5 defensive power.

Where split stats helps is in terms if counter damage given and received. All defense deals very little counter damage, all attack receives higher than normal counter damage win attacking. If you are a ghost, having some defense is probably a good idea if you use rush. Reapers might need less, especially if you have life steal maxed.

Comment

• Quaranj
                  Boss
                  • May 2015

I put it like this whenever someone tears a strip off of me for "ruining" my toon over split stats:

"You don't know what you are talking about and are basing your assumptions from another game that was similar to this one."

Don't get me wrong, an all attack Ghost/Sniper is a great thing - even better if it can hide in an offensive slot. All defense enforcers are the defacto as well since they are painful to attack with anyways.

Everything else imo can stand to be split. Some of your class skills, as Duke pointed out once, are calculated on base stats (without the 75% of the other).

My split stat build bounces people with several thousand more stat points allocated into one or the other and to me, that will always speak volumes over the *opinion* that split stats equals a broken build.

Comment

Working...
                  X