• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gem
    Lackey
    • Jun 2015

Get rid of the 2 hour rule to switch toons

I am playing 2 toons on 2 devices, one of which is older and can't be updated. The older device runs slow, difficult to open chat during wars, does not have current game updates. It would be REAL sweet to be able to go between the 2 toons freely on one device ....
    And the 48 hour rule? PLEASE decrease or eliminate it. I know you claim it is for our protection; however, I see little difference between decreasing it to 24 hours vs leaving it the same or increasing it to 72 hours. All appear equal as far as "protection"....decreasing it to 24 hours would significantly increase revenue for the game tho

Blessings

Gem
  • DL_Joker
    Underboss
    • Oct 2014

Re: Get rid of the 2 hour rule to switch toons

If you could freely swap, people would exploit. Bring down a building's defenders with Sniper, swap to Assassin and cap, swap to HW for demo, swap back to Sniper for next building, all the while healing with an Enforcer.

My Regards,
    Joker,
    Manager of Dark London.

Comment

• RoboCop
      Lieutenant
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by DL_Joker View Post
      If you could freely swap, people would exploit. Bring down a building's defenders with Sniper, swap to Assassin and cap, swap to HW for demo, swap back to Sniper for next building, all the while healing with an Enforcer.

My Regards,
      Joker,
      Manager of Dark London.

Very good point!

Comment

• Gem
        Lackey
        • Jun 2015

Quote Originally Posted by DL_Joker View Post

My Regards,
        Joker,
        Manager of Dark London.

Ummmm...... That goes on NOW. People just have multiple devices. I know peeps with more than 5 devices....all with toons actively being played. You are not preventing expoitation.... The expensive solution for me would be to just buy a newer iPod or iPad .... I was hoping, considering the amount your players spend on this game, you would consider making the game easier for those of us with more than one toon.

Blessings

Gem

Comment

• Gem
          Lackey
          • Jun 2015

Again, I am not asking to switch classes during a war. I am asking to be able to switch between toons, playing toons I have grown, invested in, and enjoy....without having to purchase another device. I would much rather use those funds on factor points to grow my toons.

Blessings

Gem

Comment

• DE7E4E
            Banned
            • Feb 2015

Works on android. Clear data on underworld empire then reopen. Log in to googleplay. Switch character. Bypasses the stupid cooldown. Works in eve as well. Just make sure you're not buying FP for the next 48 hours.

P.s if you have an iPhone, that's too bad.
            Last edited by DE7E4E; 06-21-2015, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• TheMonkey
              Goon
              • Jun 2015

Can see why the cool down for switching characters is in place, it is no coincidence that it is 2 hours same as the war length. Interesting to know you can do that on android, only played on Apple devices (I know, I know apple whore and all that), downfall of playing on a device so locked down, might have to look if there is a work around for this on jail broken devices.

48 Hour protection thing actually stopped me buying FP this weekend on two accounts, created a new account and because I had played two of my characters on two devices, I couldn't buy favor on either, as such I missed out on the new character bonus and didn't bother buying anything on either characters, may as well buy an album off iTunes instead.

Comment

• Epoch
                Banned
                • Jun 2015

Set up guest account on android device, freely switch with no cooldown.

Comment

• Tintin
                  Goon
                  • Mar 2014

Originally posted by DL_Joker View Post

My Regards,
                  Joker,
                  Manager of Dark London.
                  i really dont see that as an exploit. most people who have more than 1 toon already have more than 1 device.

it would just look more sane to use 1 device for all toons rather than line up all devices next to each other during war. Eventually people start questioning your sanity lol

Comment

• Ammy
                    Goon
                    • Mar 2015

You must not have seen Scorpia's video on YouTube... Look it up. The dude has like 6 devices lined up... As far as the 48 hour rule, it's actually kept kablam from getting money from me. I've wanted to but the promos on my lsi toon, but since it's empireless and the BSI is in an empire, I can't miss wars on it. No idea how that's for our "protection" in the first place, honestly. If it's to keep stolen devices from being able to use another's money, I honestly doubt a theif is going to steal my phone just to buy things on UE... Literally the only other person I know personally that plays is my BF. Regardless, most of the promos are so short that the time is usually up by the time the 48 hours are over. So, in my case, Kablam has cost itself money.

Comment

• Quaranj
                      Boss
                      • May 2015

I agree with this. I mean it is still exploited by multiple devices right now.

Lots of alts out there, only the ones with many devices playing them at once. I find it weird.

Any other similar game I have played has either allowed it open or made it against ToS to have multiple accounts so that those with many devices don't have an advantage over those who do not.

Comment

• The Spud
                        Thug
                        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Quaranj View Post
                        Any other similar game I have played has either allowed it open or made it against ToS to have multiple accounts so that those with many devices don't have an advantage over those who do not.
                        I am curios how you could possibly enforce a rule like that... How could you prove one person was using two devices?
                        OP
                        Personally I think it should be left as it is. I agree with joker that it would be abused. Also IMO account security is much more important.
                        Because I blame Kionk

Comment

• TheJackal
                          Lackey
                          • Nov 2014

I understand why the FP cool down exists and I think it's a good idea. But I don't understand why the 2 hr cool down between switching toons exist. Everyone who have more than one toon usually have more than one device, they can kill players and bring down buildings with their toons, I know I have. But when I'm out or go on trips I normally take one device and I hate waiting 2 hrs to switch between toons. It would be better if it didn't exist.

Comment

• shako87
                            Lackey
                            • Dec 2015

Just use a nexus 7 (2013) edition. You can freely switch between characters as and when you like. Android.

Comment

• Seamus
                              Thug
                              • Apr 2013

The 48hrs cool down on FP purchase was ok back when they gave you 3 days heads up on events. You also didn't have to create separate game center accounts back then either.

This auto-switch glitch resetting the cool down timer is a royal pain that is costing PA more money then they realize.
                              3435CB

Comment

Working...
                              X