PDA

View Full Version : Stat Points resets.

Original
02-07-2013, 10:27 PM
I think it would be smart if we could reset those. Ive wasted so many of them on usless stuff. Id waste 10 of my favor points on it if you could.

Airmid
02-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Hey! Thanks for the suggestion Original. We have been discussing and shall continue to do so. We appreciate your input.

TonKa
02-08-2013, 03:06 AM
Yes to rebuild, alot of us didnt know how to spec at first. *Also reset Lt stars.
I think it would be smart if we could reset those. Ive wasted so many of them on usless stuff. Id waste 10 of my favor points on it if you could.

Muppet
02-08-2013, 02:33 PM
This is an absolutely horrendous idea.

People have asked same thing over the years in castle age and its never been done, would create serious balance issues.

I think Alpert mentioned the same in another thread, what would stop someone adding o just stamina and energy all the way to lvl500 or more hen changing here stat point allocation .

Original
02-10-2013, 02:08 AM
What's the balance issues? There are already people who are doing that. If anything it would balance things out because it would be available to everyone and again, people already have done it

friday
02-10-2013, 03:00 AM
What's the balance issues? There are already people who are doing that. If anything it would balance things out because it would be available to everyone and again, people already have done it

there are people who put everything into stamina/energy, but so far there's no way to redistribute those skill points into other stats once they've been allocated. the issue is that it'd basically force everyone to go the power leveling route, with any other build becoming inferior. the game would lose a lot of its depth if we all had to play the exact same way

Anshin
02-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Friday, Alper makes the same points you made above in another thread. I guess this thread is the better one to carry on this debate since it has a proper heading.

I have thought about your arguments, and I still don't see the unfair advantage and the forcing of everyone to play the same way. I agree with Original above. The "unfair advantage" that worries you does exist already, but it has not forced everyone to play the same way.

Take me for example, I started playing on Jan 23. By power leveling, I am now level 104. I will be level 105 in a few hours. My energy stat is 360 and my stamina is around 90. Now I am putting all of my stats into Attack and Stamina, with a few sprinkled into Defense. This is a slow reset of my stats, similar to what is being requested above. I am gradually getting stronger and stronger in pvp.

However, by pursuing this "reset," it is taking me longer and longer now to level up because it gets harder and harder as you go up. Also, I have had to endure countless executions everyday of playing. In the beginning, it was very hard to take. Thank goodness for the hospital protection!

Not everyone is going to want to endure these "tough times" of being an easy target in pvp. Not everyone is going to enjoy being a job hound; many like the thrill of pvp. That's why they play the game. So, I doubt very much that a stat reset feature will force everyone to play the same way.

I think the developers have done an excellent job of balancing the game. I don't think this balance will be offset by a stat reset feature, especially if it costs real cash. Instead, I think it will enhance the gaming experience, especially for new players like me who did not play CA. It took a while to understand how to develop a build to suit my game. I don't know how many times I wished I could have reallocated my stat points at first.

In the end, we may have to agree to disagree. But, I think this has been a healthy debate and will hopefully give Airmid and the developers some food for thought. I for one will continue to strongly advocate for a stat reset feature to be added to the game.

Cheers,

Alper
02-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Anshin, you mention it yourself: You are only level 105. thats practically nothing. IF you would be lvl 500 i would say that it gets harder to change your build, but right now you lose "only" few weeks changing your playstyle. In Castle Age for example there are power levlers out who are over level 2000. Similar with builds who are around lvl 1000. for them adjusting is way harder.

In short: If you do the same what you wrote you slowly going to adjust. Keep in mind, the devs did not create the game to be beaten in 1-3 months, they aim for years. In few weeks you going to look different at the situation and can look at your power levler route as an experience you needed to make to decide a better fitting path for yourself.

friday
02-11-2013, 09:50 AM
Not everyone is going to want to endure these "tough times" of being an easy target in pvp. Not everyone is going to enjoy being a job hound; many like the thrill of pvp. That's why they play the game. So, I doubt very much that a stat reset feature will force everyone to play the same way.

I think the developers have done an excellent job of balancing the game. I don't think this balance will be offset by a stat reset feature, especially if it costs real cash. Instead, I think it will enhance the gaming experience, especially for new players like me who did not play CA. It took a while to understand how to develop a build to suit my game. I don't know how many times I wished I could have reallocated my stat points at first.

In the end, we may have to agree to disagree. But, I think this has been a healthy debate and will hopefully give Airmid and the developers some food for thought. I for one will continue to strongly advocate for a stat reset feature to be added to the game.

Cheers,

Anshin, i don't mean to say that a stat reallocation would turn people away from pvp. rather, it would make the power leveling route the most effective play style for every aspect of the game, including pvp.

with a stat reset feature players would just dump every skill point into energy/stam to level quickly and amass a huge pool of flexible sp, which could later be redirected towards other stats (attack or defense in the case of pvp) to suit their needs. and they don't suffer the drawbacks of slower leveling when they switch, because as soon as they finish battling or fighting bosses and want to level up some more they can reallocate their sp to energy and stamina. and then repeat the process

the game is so well balanced as it is because every build style - power leveler/job hound, slayer, hybrid, pvp, anything - has its own strengths and weaknesses depending on which stats the player has chosen to develop. a stat reset feature kills that because it makes a player's strength in all areas dependent on accumulated sp only, and the fastest way to gain sp is to invest continually in stamina and energy. It just makes the game less interesting because then everything is pretty much a level contest.

as you said, you've had to develop your own build that suits how you want to play. it's one of the most interesting and important aspects of the game in my opinion, and something that i think is lost once everything is level-based.

Muppet
02-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Because of the way castleage has gone with runes, it actually means a power lvler can achieve so much more and still compete in pvp due to the runes increasing there atack / defence without physically adding sp to them.
"If" underworld empire had somthing similar then the power lvl build would be he only build in my eyes worth doing, eventually you would be swatting all in pvp but those who have done the same.

I didn't power lvl on CA and I wish I had done if knew then what I know now. However I still enjoy my character.
There are players that have been playing 4 or more years and if they had the opertunity to do a stat reset it would be horrendous.

You rarely get second chances in life which makes it more important to choose wisely and think.

Also it's not like there's no information on this forum to help you decide your route first, we should not reward lazyness ( maybe I'm to harsh ?).

It ain't broke.........yet!!:rolleyes:

Niaboc
02-11-2013, 05:09 PM
resetting skill points is not good.. if that was the case everyone would pound the energy complete all the quests to level 5 reset do all the monsters then a final reset and pump everything into attack or defense making them a monster at level 1000 by that time.. you just have to figure out how to manage your skill points properly

yudaz
02-11-2013, 05:24 PM
I just had to post and say I agree with Niaboc and Muppet. Resetting skill points is a bad idea for exactly the reasons they listed. I for one would quit playing because it removes most of the diversity and permanence out of the game. As the game is right now, getting reputation from the dons still allows you to alter your build slowly as needed even if you do something really bad. Allowing point reallocation will basically remove any meaning to anything we do with our characters allowing us to all be the best at every aspect of the game without having to pick and choose.

chelsea
02-11-2013, 06:18 PM
I never like to comment on forums but i just had to this time, i couldn't believe when the suggestion was made but i am glad to see Niaboc's reasoning on the issue which reflects mine. Thanks for the post Niaboc. Spot on.

Hammer
02-12-2013, 05:03 AM
Nonononono... I'm a weak little struggling fish yet I'm still strongly against a 'reset'!!! Comon! I learn from my mistakes and I try harder later on to correct em. Everybody should do the same under the same rules it's just like life...
A magical cure-it-all reset button is just the easy way out for lazy ppl. No!!!

Anshin
02-12-2013, 06:12 AM
Looks like i am way the minority in this debate. So be it. I will just continue my reset slowly and wait to see how the discussion Airmid mentioned above goes. To each, his/her own. I can respect differences of opinion.

@Hammer... thanks for offering your unbiased opinion, we lazy people really appreciate hearing from the hard working ones. Who knows, we may learn to be hard working like you someday.

Cheers.

Niaboc
02-12-2013, 06:50 PM
ask to get your account reset then if you are unhappy with your character... or make a new account on another ios device and just port it over with recovery

Hammer
02-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Anshin: maybe it came out wrong and i will apologize if it offended u or anybody. I wasn't calling u lazy by no means absolutely not. What I meant was it's an easy way out for all the players. Nobody would ever need to strategize or think or pick a direction. One can pour the SPs wherever needed there would never be a mistake.
Yet mistakes are the very important part of the game or life. Mistakes make the game diverse. Mistakes make it interesting and unpredicatable. If nobody makes mistakes eveyone would b perfect then it's only a contest of who played longer right? Or get lucky first at a Boss fight...
I wasn't calling nobody lazy and I definitely don't think I am the only hard working player not even close. Again I sincerely apologize if my words offended u or anybody.
Best regards!

Anshin
02-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Thanks, Hammer, and no worries. It's all in good fun.

You made some excellent points there. I will have to ponder on them some more. Mistakes and learning from them does add spice to life and makes us stronger. :)

Anshin
02-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Not trying to beat a dead horse, but I thought my recent experience may prove useful as an adjunct to this debate. With my relatively high energy count and some favor pts, I've been collecting sp pts from repeating jobs in earlier areas. Then, I've been adding them almost exclusively to my attack and stam.

I find I can finish these earlier jobs fairly quickly, so I am now past 100 for AT, DF, and stam. I will lvl up to 112 today and I reached battle rank 9 a few days ago. By investing some real money, I have effectively been resetting my stats proportionally.

I still continue to endure executions everyday (well, most times I view it as a favor :) ) , but I can generally defeat my attackers when I invade them back. I don't waste time attacking anyone below my rank. I want at least 12 battle pts per hit. 15 is my sweet spot if I can find the right target.

I am quite pleased with my build and my reset effort even if it is not as fast as I would like. Patience is a virtue I've been told, but those 5 mins seem like an eternity when waiting for a stam refill.

Cheers and have fun playing.

Muppet
02-13-2013, 04:52 PM
* group hug *

It's still early days in the game mate, in a year you'll be exactly in the direction you want to be.

M3rk
02-17-2013, 04:27 AM
It's fine the way it is. I started building my character for jobs then took a few weeks to adjust to pvp play. Now I'm building for boss fights. I expect to switch for empire wars shortly. No big deal if you ask me and I like the challenge so a stat re-allocation is unnecessary and would dumb down the game.

Kingdg79
02-17-2013, 04:38 PM
To prevent abuse you'd simply need to put a limited use on it.. Maybe even 1 time use and you've gotta be lv 80 before that 1 time use is unlocked.. That'll let the game build faster. People can power to 80... Re-allocate stat points and choose how they wanna play based on being experienced enough to decide where the points need to be spent.

Rennicor
☠✠ŁąŴŁęŞş✠☠

Mist
02-17-2013, 04:44 PM
Frankly the beauty of this game is the flexibility of character creation. It gets totally messed up if this is allowed. Patience goes a long way to make your character any way u like whenever u want to change it.

Muppet
02-17-2013, 10:34 PM
Can we drop this silly thread.

This game has been out a month and is likely to be out years if Phoenix ages other game ( castle age ) is anything to go by.

If you've screwed up your character sooo much in 1 month of play then ask for it to be reset.

Although would of been good if I could have a reset in r/l many years ago when I was 18, I caught all sorts of horrible stuff of one particular girl, fun ride though ! ( hmm maybe said to much ).

Niaboc
02-18-2013, 03:38 AM
It's takes a strong man to say he has taken a giant horse pill to kill the drip. Great ending to this thread

Ragnarok
06-05-2013, 02:37 PM
So even a stat change that locks out stamina and energy and focus on base stats would be bad? Say my empire needed a dps would it be bad to take from defense and add to attack with a limited number of resets i could cover a dps slot for a no show to the war.

MattMI
06-06-2013, 06:50 PM
So even a stat change that locks out stamina and energy and focus on base stats would be bad? Say my empire needed a dps would it be bad to take from defense and add to attack with a limited number of resets i could cover a dps slot for a no show to the war.

Please don't bump super old threads like this - it's bad forum etiquette :)