• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FatmaN
    Goon
    • Oct 2012

Tips for Noobies

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to this game myself, but I had some experience from playing Castle Age. So I'm writing a very basic and simple guide for noobs on how to play the game, since I've been asked this a few times from allies.

1. Spend Energy - Do Jobs!
    Jobs allow you to advance in the game in terms of progressing through the story line. Use energy to perform jobs. There is not much use for energy right now other than doing jobs.
    Advanced Tips: Once you reach the end of each job area, you can go back to the earlier jobs and complete them to 5 stars. Each star you earn will give you 1 Stat Point to use. Stat points are very valuable in this game. Spend them wisely. Because earlier jobs require less energy to complete, it may be a good idea to complete these to 5 stars before moving on to later stages. But if you want to advance further, and fight stronger bosses, you may want to skip the 5 stars until later on. It's a balance you should decide on your own.

2. Spend Stamina - Fight Players (PvP) or Bosses (PvE)
    There are two ways to spend stamina right now. PvP or PvE. Both ways provide good rewards (weapons, gear, etc), and it really depends if you like to fight against other players or to help fight against bosses. Personally, I enjoy fighting bosses because there's just something about gathering a group of 50 players and taking down a tough boss. Also, I don't like clicking too much, and you can spend a lot of stamina really quickly on bosses, whereas in PvP, you can only spend 1 stamina at a time.

3. Stat Points
    As mentioned above Stat Points (SP) are really valuable in this game. There are a few ways to earn SP, but basically, the more you play, the more SP you will earn. You earn 5 SP each time you level up. You earn 5 SP when you rank up in PvP. SP can currently be distributed amongst the following:
    - Energy
    - Stamina (Costs 2 SP to gain 1 Stamina)
    - Attack
    - Defense
    - Health

Energy and Stamina are used to perform most actions in the game, so they are pretty important. They recharge at a rate of 1 per 5 minutes. So in one day, you will recharge 288 energy and stamina. So what I like to do is get around 150-200 max energy and stamina, and come back at least twice a day to use them up before they reach the max and stop accumulating. After getting enough energy and stamina, I focus on getting attack and defense to fight and defend. Since I am an offensive type of player, I go for something like 3:1 attack:defense. This way, I have good attack stats, but am also capable of defending as well. Health is another important part of the game since bosses attack back and if your health drops to 25% or less, your damage is reduced. Finding the perfect balance of all these stats is something different for every player. There is no wrong answer!

4. Other Stuff
    Allies - To add allies in this game, you need their "army code." That or you can "hire" random people that you meet throughout the game by clicking on their profile. Hiring does not guarantee a person will add you as their ally. Allies are helpful in this game because they can send you free gifts, help against bosses, and to just chat and enjoy the game together with. One of the PvP features of this game is called "War" where basically the larger your army/allies is, the more weapons, gear, etc. you can bring with you to fight in the war.

Empire - You can join an empire to make new friends and allies. Right now, empires can compete against each other only by fighting bosses. The more points you gain from fighting bosses, the more points you earn for your empire. Later on, there will be empire fights.

Lieutenants and Items - LTs and items basically show how strong you are aside from your player stats. LTs can be combined to increase their strength and powers. Each LT has a different power- things like +energy, +attack, +critical chance, etc are some powers you will see.

Combining LTs - To combine LTs, you need two identical LTs- meaning they need to have the same name and have the same amount of stars. Note, their levels do not have to be identical.

Favor Points - Favor Points are the special currency used in this game. They will allow you to get stuff that are harder or impossible to get without paying any real money. These items/Lieutenants are probably some of the strongest in the game, but I can't say for sure now since I don't have everything. You can find some of the stronger LTs in Crates. Crates are basically a slot machine- the high the prize, the lower your chances of obtaining it. Favor Points can be used for other things too such as recharging energy and stamina.

Properties - Properties help you earn consistent income. They have a large up-front cost, but they can usually be recuperated within a few days. Remember to collect your income!

Reputation - Pay respect to your favorite gang- Mafia, Cartel, Syndicate, or Street and gain permanent stats and items for doing so. You can pay respect every 24 hours (48 for Cartel).

That's about all I have for now. A lot of these subjects can be explained in more detail, but I think this is a good starting point for noobs.
    ~For the swarM~
  • Heisenberg
    Lackey
    • Nov 2012

Thanks, thats very helpful.
    Chemistry is art

Comment

• Mucter
      Lackey
      • Nov 2012

Tip: add allies as much as you can early on. Even if you do not plan to pvp, a large army size will likely put people off from attacking you (so you will spend less money healing from being executed). One way to add some allies quickly is to hire them at the ally screen near the beginning of your game- its rather cheap then but this method will no longer be viable to those who already begin to build an army of some size as the price of hiring then skyrockets.

Comment

• MasterCom
        Lackey
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Mucter View Post
        One way to add some allies quickly is to hire them at the ally screen near the beginning of your game- its rather cheap then but this method will no longer be viable to those who already begin to build an army of some size as the price of hiring then skyrockets.
        Too true! I'm beginning to understand this all too well right now……

Comment

• Me doa
          Brawler
          • Feb 2013

Comment

• Hawk
            Goon
            • Jan 2013

Excellent tutorial, FatmaN!

Wish I had read this when I first started 3 weeks ago. Not being a "gamer", I had a heck of a time putting the pieces together.

Finally dawned on me that in order to progress through the game, I had to learn how to multitask...

...do exactly as you so eloquently described.

(Keep up the good work.)
            F69C23
            Card carrying member of Goodfellas

Comment

Working...
            X