• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Airmid
    Community Manager
    • Nov 2012

Content Suggestion Thread

Hello there!

I know you all have some great ideas! Especially when it comes to one of your favorite games.

So please feel free to use this thread for all your suggestion needs. This way we can:
    • See all Suggestions without missing any
    • Avoid multiple threads for the same issue/suggestion
    • Prioritize requests based on consensus within the community as a whole

Please provide rationale for all suggestions for clearer understanding.

Keep the thread civil; inflammatory remarks/posts will be deleted without remorse.
    Last edited by Airmid; 11-18-2012, 10:51 PM.
    sigpic
    Never lose your curiosity!
  • LadyLuck
    Lackey
    • Nov 2012

Regarding gifting; it would sure be nice of there was a select all button! Also, I like the idea of picking a category of people to send to, but in addition to the alphabetical list it would be great if there was a "guild" choice in there. Solid new game btw. I always said the company should make another game similar to CA but with a different theme. Please try to keep FB and iOS users at pace with eachother this time Keep up the good work!

Comment

• Airmid
      Community Manager
      • Nov 2012

Good Ideas! Thanks.
      sigpic

Comment

• DangerG
        Lackey
        • Nov 2012

The select all gifts receive is huge make life a lot easier. At times when receiving gifts it sends an error msg or just exits game. Choosing who to send gift to is also a good one. A send all make life easy but to master the technique. a just send to guild would be ideal. a daily spin b nice. u shouldn't be able to attack your own guild members or allies but its still early in game so its hard to do. Sounds??? should have some kinda lottery. u get tickets to play in diff games and u receive some kind of token to buy things. give me personally a free mill for my great advice!! LOL =)
        But all in all a great game, just cant wait for updates and upgrades. Hope to be part of the team. 9c3Fb8 Add me. gifter and boss fighter extraordinaire!!! Add 7c5e40 , other account!!

Comment

• Nick
          Lackey
          • Nov 2012

In regards to Empire chat, it would be nice to see a character count as you type. I did not know there was a 255 character limit until after I wrote a long post

Thanks

Comment

• Airmid
            Community Manager
            • Nov 2012

You bring up good points!
            sigpic

Comment

• LOS98
              Lackey
              • Nov 2012

Noticed this while playing for a while but the default page the game should bring you to when you hit the 'allies' tab should be 'your allies' page and not the 'hire allies' page.

This is because I've noticed quite a few players don't know how to add allies using army codes and don't even know what their own army code is cause they don't know there are two different pages in the 'allies' tab.

Also decreasing hiring costs would nice as well. It's already over half a billion for me to recruit more allies using the hire option lol.

Comment

• uncletom
                Lackey
                • Dec 2012

why is it that we can't purchase health in increments of 25% for a 10% increase in price per lower increment (like 100% + 0%, 75% + 10%, 50% + 20%, 25% + 30%)?

Comment

• UWE_HidrA
                  Goon
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by LOS98 View Post
                  Noticed this while playing for a while but the default page the game should bring you to when you hit the 'allies' tab should be 'your allies' page and not the 'hire allies' page.

This is because I've noticed quite a few players don't know how to add allies using army codes and don't even know what their own army code is cause they don't know there are two different pages in the 'allies' tab.

Also decreasing hiring costs would nice as well. It's already over half a billion for me to recruit more allies using the hire option lol.
                  I like these suggestions, I'll see if I can get these changed.

Originally posted by uncletom View Post
                  why is it that we can't purchase health in increments of 25% for a 10% increase in price per lower increment (like 100% + 0%, 75% + 10%, 50% + 20%, 25% + 30%)?
                  Seems too complicated for the average player. Not really necessary imo.

Comment

• uncletom
                    Lackey
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by UWE_HidrA View Post
                    I like these suggestions, I'll see if I can get these changed.
                    I agree with this.

Seems too complicated for the average player. Not really necessary imo.
                    I think u should ask other players what they think first before u cut down an idea. it sounds like you don't like average players!?
                    But maybe i didn't explain my idea well enough so i try again:
                    I was in the situation of beeing short a few XP but had enough stamina and not enough health to attack in a boss fight before i was able to jump up a level. I was forced to purchase full health while a 25% recovery would have been plenty because the leveling up would have charged all my accounts fully for "less" money.

Comment

• White Tiger
                      Lackey
                      • Dec 2012

I think it would also be nice to have the option of buying specific lieutenants (with favour points) that are obtainable through the mystery crates because I spent over $40 in a failed attempt to get one of the 5% lieutenants

Comment

• Airmid
                        Community Manager
                        • Nov 2012

Good suggestion! Thanks!
                        sigpic

Comment

• UWE_HidrA
                          Goon
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by uncletom View Post
                          I think u should ask other players what they think first before u cut down an idea. it sounds like you don't like average players!?
                          But maybe i didn't explain my idea well enough so i try again:
                          I was in the situation of beeing short a few XP but had enough stamina and not enough health to attack in a boss fight before i was able to jump up a level. I was forced to purchase full health while a 25% recovery would have been plenty because the leveling up would have charged all my accounts fully for "less" money.
                          I get where there is the need for this feature. In the past, some have asked to have reduced recharge costs (5 FP for half recharge), but I am not the one who calls the shots. I am more of a messenger. Judging in the past, suggestions like these are not implemented. My thoughts on this (and please keep in mind these are my thoughts, and not necessarily Phoenix Age's) are that these options make the game more complicated than it needs to be. Social and mobile games are geared more towards casual players. We don't want to bombard players with 10 different recharge options (you suggested: 100% + 0%fee, 75% + 10%, 50% + 20%, 25% + 30%). Then there comes the problem of situations where you have 177 Max Health for example. The average player probably wouldn't be able to instantly calculate 25% of that health. We don't want them to grab a calculator to play our game. Also, the forums are our main source of communication to the players.. and as you can see, there just aren't that many players on the forums right now. It's not that I want to push away your suggestion, but there simply is not enough demand or justification to do it.

The suggestions from LOS98 are ideas to help improve the usability of the game, so I like those a lot more. It didn't really bother me that the Allies tab brought me to the Hire Allies page because I knew there was another tab within that page that brought me to the Allies page. But like s/he said, a lot of new players don't know this and this can be confusing to them. The allies/empire features are the big social aspects for our game, and a player who doesn't know how to navigate these at first try might get a sour feeling of the game and leave. These are the kinds of suggestion/features we prioritize our resources on.

LOS98's other suggestion of reducing hire costs is also a good one because I have nearly 1000 allies, and the hire costs are ridiculously high for me... which makes this feature useless for players with a ton of allies. The economy game in Underworld is a lot different than in Castle Age, and the hire costs should be adjusted for that.

Comment

• Paul
                            Assassin
                            • Nov 2012

In the Bank menu there should be a button or option to deposit all. There have been some players who sit in boss fights, wait for you to attack and then immediately attack you so they can take your money. Would help if when I see my health drop I can immediately deposit all my funds. Not to mention that I'd bet the majority of players deposit all of their funds into the bank in a lump sum. Also, the ability to collect only a certain amount of money from the properties screen, in a similar fashion to the bank system. Money left in my properties means 10% more in my pockets.

If there is a quest where it is required to buy gear/items..etc and you don't have enough XP to do it, you should still be allowed to get to the screen where you can hit buy all.

Small things
                            Paul - EmpireShadows

Comment

• Airmid
                              Community Manager
                              • Nov 2012

Thank you for your suggestions!
                              I, personally, think it would be a nice feature to have a deposit all method for the bank.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X