• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marco The Cheeseburger
    Consigliere
    • Aug 2013

Insane lag, despite solid connection.

Title says it all.

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. Game is really becoming unplayable for me during EvE. Doesn't help that timeouts are getting more frequent as well.
    sigpic

Skulls is my Religion. HQ is my Church - ZZ
  • tha dude
    Lieutenant
    • Feb 2014

Re: Insane lag, despite solid connection.

I have three devices. one iphone 4s, one Ipad 2 and an Iphone5. It definitely is hardware related. The problem gets progressively worse with each older device. The 4s is almost unplayable even on an excellent connection. Swapping Lt's is a 1 in 5 or so success rate. Takes about 5 mins if i want to rotate all 5 Lts......

Comment

• Marco The Cheeseburger
      Consigliere
      • Aug 2013

I have an iphone 4, regular model. PA really need to add some form of compensation for the older hardware, like say, the ability to turn off anything that'll cause lag spikes. This is particularly bad since only a few months ago the game ran mostly fine with the exception of the insane timeout problem.
      sigpic

Skulls is my Religion. HQ is my Church - ZZ

Comment

• eti
        Street Boss
        • Nov 2013

I have no problem with my iPod 4, this is probably related to iOS 7 that is too much demanding for iPhones 4

Comment

• Firr
          Goon
          • Jan 2013

Started a related thread in technical support and then saw this thread an hour or so later.

Also relates to iPhone 4 and questions the option to turn off unnecessary graphics.

Thread Link
          0517D3

Comment

• Pinchi
            Lackey
            • May 2014

It's worst n EvE!

Comment

• RoboCop
              Lieutenant
              • Apr 2014

I have the iPhone 4S and don't lag at all???

Comment

• ijphatcher
                Lackey
                • May 2014

Originally posted by RoboCop View Post
                I have the iPhone 4S and don't lag at all???
                This is a hardware & ios7.1.1 combo issue. I play on two ipad 2's, a iphone 4 and a iphone 3gS. All updated to the newest available ios ( 7.1.1 on ipads, 7.1.1 on iphone 4, 6.1. something on iphone 3gs. )

The iphone 4 is the only one with the major problems. the iphone 3 gs is actually pleasant to play on after 10 minutes on the iphone 4... All this started immediately after installing 7.1.1

A small improvement can be made on the iphone 4 by turning EVERY EVERY EVERY option and setting in "setting" in ios off... I haven't tested to see which items make the biggest difference but I have EVERYTHING off. Notifications,cell data, location service, ANYTHING in every page of settings that is a ON function I have turned off....

This has improved the playing experience by 300%, but it still is unsatisfactory and still slower and more timeouts than the 3GS....

It is definalty a bug between UE and 7.1.1, and not nessisarly something that is PA/KA fault... just needs addressed. GL to all of you.

Comment

• Cyan
                  Lackey
                  • Sep 2013

Got the same issue especially in EvE. I'm on defender slot and when there's a lot of activity and I know I'm being attacked it will give me timeouts that would make it impossible to heal, timeouts will stop when the attacks on me has stopped and boom of course I'm dead and my building is down then the game will run smoothly again. :/
                  “The best armor is to keep out of rangeâ€‌
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X