• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Archaic
    Consigliere
    • Apr 2013

How new ability "Pierce" works.

The LT has an ablity called "Pierce" it is a new ability and I'm sure everyone has questions. Below is how pierce works:

You take your total attack so say your attack is 1000 if you have 3% pierce you take 3% of 1000 which is 30 and add those two together. Totals 1030.

Only benefits high attack players.

On the flip side there is something called "deflect" and it is the same thing but defensve based. if you get attacked the same thing happens 3% increase in total defense. (3% deflect)

If the other player has the pierce LT it will offset each other.

Pierce only benefits high attack players and deflect high defense players.

Also if you have 4* LT that causes 6% pierce and the other person has the 1* LT that will come out in the future that has 3% deflect. The % will offset each other so the attacker only gets 3% pierce.

So example if someone has 1000atk with a 6% pierce that should be +60atk

If the defender has 2000defense with 2% deflect.

The first mathematical thing you do is subtract 6% - 2% = 4% to attacker. So only the attacker gets a 4% boost.

You would not grant the 2000def 2% and the 1000atk 6% you MUST subtract the % and whoever has the highest % gets the boost that is leftover.

Get it??

If you have questions I can breakdown further...

Devs feel free to move this guides and strategy and sticky it but give it some time in general so everyone can see it before Arena.
  • Iceline
    Consigliere
    • Jun 2013

Re: How new ability "Pierce" works.

So does this affect only base attack? For example, if someone had 1000 Attack and 1000 Defense, their effective Attack and Defense would be 1750/1750 since 75% is added to each. Or was it 70%? Either way, would pierce affect the 1000 or the 1750?

Comment

• Voodoo jester
      Banned
      • May 2013

What archaic said is based off castle ages pierce if you read the graphic in game is says "+% damage"

Comment

• Archaic
        Consigliere
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Voodoo jester View Post
        What archaic said is based off castle ages pierce if you read the graphic in game is says "+% damage"
        Voodoo is correct. I imagine using the word "pierce" the exact same formula applies. I would HOPE devs would let us know before Arena starts. Jeez

Iceline yes but you are using 75% pierce in your example and no LT would give that.

1* reaper is 3% pierce so 3% more damage IF the other person has no deflect LT equipped.

Comment

• Archaic
          Consigliere
          • Apr 2013

The OP is correct however being that it says 3% "damage" it is the exact same formula just if they have no deflect LT equipped you will give 3% more damage in EvE.

It is either my OP or this post here.

Those are the only two options.

Devs please tell us which one it is so we can do the arena with some confidece thanks.

Comment

• Iceline
            Consigliere
            • Jun 2013

I'm not talking about pierce in my example. I'm talking about the standard formula for calculating Attack. It's 1.00 X Attack stat + 0.75 (or 0.70) x Defense stat. I'm asking if the "pierce" ability is applied before or after defense is calculated in.

Comment

• Voodoo jester
              Banned
              • May 2013

Course in theory if its set up like castle age piece damage should also go up but graphic clearly says +% damage not increased effective attack so...? O.o

Ice if it follows the castle age pierce it will be applied after the .75

Comment

• mindbender202
                Thug
                • May 2013

I'd be surprised if it effects the actual attack stat, why call this one pierce, when the rest of the lieuts that effect attack are straight forward in there bonus description, but if that's the way they do it in CA, maybe your right.. definitely a difference maker if it effects your player stats.
                Another thing to consider: Don't lieuts effect your Damage in Empire Wars (and boss battles), so simply adding 3% to your attack stat wouldn't necessarily equate to 3% more damage (unless the lieuts are multiplied into the formula instead of added, i think that makes since, but I'm not a math guy.) Adding 3% to the attack stat + getting the Col. Zhukov Bonus seems extremely excessive.

"You take your total attack so say your attack is 1000 if you have 3% pierce you take 3% of 1000 which is 30 and add those two together. Totals 1030." So their new stats will be displayed as 1000 Attack (+30); Or Pierce will give them some secret attack stat, that isn't displayed?

I would imagine that it does just what it says, increases damage when attacking: Empire wars (sniper crits would benefit the most), bosses, pvp duel/war (not great for ranking but maybe nice when the more powerful executions are available). If this is the way it is, it basically equates to an extra 1 - 1.25 tokens in empire war.. kinda weak, so maybe it does effect stats, would be nice to get an answer from the devs.

I'm curious about the weapons and there (possible) bonus powers; It would make since that only the phantom (legendary weapon) has a bonus power, the usual +10% att or def. But if all 5 have a small bonus power, that might make this guy worth a few sleepless nights imo.
                Last edited by mindbender202; 08-29-2013, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• Voodoo jester
                  Banned
                  • May 2013

Originally posted by mindbender202 View Post
                  I'd be surprised if it effects the actual attack stat, why call this one pierce, when the rest of the lieuts that effect attack are straight forward in there bonus description, but if that's the way they do it in CA, maybe your right.. definitely a difference maker if it effects your player stats.
                  Another thing to consider: Don't lieuts effect your Damage in Empire Wars (and boss battles), so simply adding 3% to your attack stat wouldn't necessarily equate to 3% more damage (unless the lieuts are multiplied into the formula instead of added.)

"You take your total attack so say your attack is 1000 if you have 3% pierce you take 3% of 1000 which is 30 and add those two together. Totals 1030." So their new stats will be displayed as 1000 Attack (+30); Or Pierce will give them some secret attack stat, that isn't displayed?

I would imagine that it does just what it says, increases damage when attacking: Empire wars (sniper crits would benefit the most), bosses, pvp duel/war (not great for ranking but maybe nice when the more powerful executions are available). If this is the way it is, it basically equates to an extra 1 - 1.25 tokens in empire war.. kinda weak, so maybe it does effect stats, would be nice to get an answer from the devs.

I'm curious about the weapons and there (possible) bonus powers; It would make since that only the phantom (legendary weapon) has a bonus power, the usual +10% att or def. But if all 5 have a small bonus power, that might make this guy worth a few sleepless nights imo.
                  Even if they don't have powers they are his eq only epic to have more than 1 eq.. Of his 5 pieces of eq... 1 legend, 2 epic, 2 rare

Comment

• Archaic
                    Consigliere
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by mindbender202 View Post
                    I'd be surprised if it effects the actual attack stat, why call this one pierce, when the rest of the lieuts that effect attack are straight forward in there bonus description, but if that's the way the do it in CA, maybe your right.. definitely a difference maker if it effects your player stats.
                    Another thing to consider: Don't lieuts effect your Damage in Empire Wars (and boss battles), so simply adding 3% to your attack stat wouldn't necessarily equate to 3% more damage (unless the lieuts are multiplied into the formula instead of added.)

If it is like CA pierce will not give a permanent increase in attack stat. It is dependent upon whether the other person has a seated deflect LT.

Also the reason it is a % and not a straight forward # is because as you increase your attack level the LTs ability becomes stronger. It is a constantly increasing power.

If it is 3% increase in damage in EvE... Well that is pretty straight forward.

It would beg the question on whether that is 3% extra damage is on buildings AND people or just people.....

Devs a lot of questions here.

Where is Airmid when we need her?

Comment

• Artanis
                      Developer
                      • Nov 2012

His power is the opposite of Six's and works on any damage(boss, duels, eve, etc).

Comment

• mindbender202
                        Thug
                        • May 2013

Originally posted by Voodoo jester View Post
                        Even if they don't have powers they are his eq only epic to have more than 1 eq.. Of his 5 pieces of eq... 1 legend, 2 epic, 2 rare
                        But aren't the powers really the only good thing about their personal equipment? For example,
                        the Panda Hoodie gives 9 att/15 def , +7 Def to Hotwire; for most high level players the +7 def for having Hotwire seated is the only real benefit that equipment provides; the 9att/15 def are obsolete in duel for high level players (as they already have atleast 3 much more powerful weapons to bring to duel, correct? So, IF those other 4 pieces of equipment don't have a bonus power, I'd think they'd be pretty useless..
                        Last edited by mindbender202; 08-29-2013, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Artanis
                          Developer
                          • Nov 2012

They do have bonus powers. I'll see if I can get a list by tomorrow.

Comment

• mindbender202
                            Thug
                            • May 2013

Originally posted by Artanis View Post
                            His power is the opposite of Six's and works on any damage(boss, duels, eve, etc).
                            So, 5%.. I doubt there is a stat increase involved. Sounds like Pierce is straight forward, 5% extra damage - zero effect on whether you get a victory or defeat.

Originally posted by Artanis View Post
                            They do have bonus powers. I'll see if I can get a list by tomorrow.
                            Sweet, thx

Comment

• Dr death
                              Kingpin
                              • May 2013

Artanis thank you for letting us know we do appreciate you all responding to us on forums even if a few jokers abused it and went outside the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X