• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CHFIII
    Enforcer
    • Apr 2015

Suggestions that would most improve EVE

1. Meaningful rankings and 'leagues'. Would take a while to shake out but today there is really only one league with 'bands' indicating relative strength. Lets say there were REAL leagues and at the end of each season the top X move up and Bottom Y drop a level and then each league had a playoff at the end. Fewer blowouts, more activity and intrigue. Good for PA as well.... you think the contenders aren't going to be rolling few crates and leveling during the playoffs???

2. Cut all times in half - war, token regen, pak regen. One hour wars would be much more exciting and it is boring enough with three minute toks but 5 minute toks are painful. People stop paying attention and just look over and hit 'repeat attack' now and then unless defending. 2 hr wars means 8 hrs per day and only 4 hours in between. It also makes world war events difficult. 12 hours of war per day? 4 hour blocks? that's too long. Take a poll on this and I bet a huge percentage of the community would vote for one hour wars.

3. Don't penalize an ass kicking. if one side is able to parking lot the other before the end then award one CC per minute left as a bonus. I've seen wars that were decided at one hour but teams put in their scrub lts and spent the second hour using stim and suppress and dragging it out for CC which is now even more valuable due to tier 2 classes.

4. Stop penalizing empires that have upgraded as far as they can. We can't donate an item - a regular daily goal and its more fun when everyone is working togethe to get the next cool upgrade. Figure out those 'empire drops' and give us more cool stuff to work toward.

5. Cumulative rewards... players who are top 5 in battle points but never win a seat because they are not big spenders and aren't the strongest at their position are hugely important. Have monthly awards for shooting X tokens or getting Y battle points.

6. Have points for and points against used in the rankings - they may be used but display them, people will care more about defending late in wars and there is a reason to fight once you know you are beat.

7. Save war logs til next war so they can be reviewed. Give officers a roster view showing who is active, what building they are in and how many tokens they have.... that might be the hardest thing to code in this list but it would be cool. Hell, be like baseball and track stats cumulatively.

Tier two classes have had a side effect - a huge shortage of 'basic' skills like trap, suppress. stim and the tier 2 classes are generally less effective (Level 9 sniper with all skills maxed who gets ghost but needs time to save cc for all the skills etcetera is much much more powerful as a sniper). The above changes would really help activity and make it more exciting without putting an undue burden on someone's time.

EVE is the main focus for many players just like PVP is for others. It's good to hear that PVP changes are coming but maybe we can look at EVE too. I think the above suggestions except 7 are also wins for PA - they will drive activity and encourage growth... 7 is more for us to better manage teamwork.

is there anyone who thinks a one hour war with regen speeded up would NOT be more fun???
  • PerpleX
    Thug
    • Oct 2014

Re: Suggestions that would most improve EVE

here are my comments correlating to your numbers:

1) the changing if the ranking system is a good idea. Pretty much 90% of wars are blowouts. Your exact suggestion to fix it will have to be tested to see if it's any good, but it can't be worse than the current matchmaker.

2) I actually like the longer war times. As a college student, it's much easier for me to participate at some point over 2 hrs rather than 1.

3) the extra cc after parking lots would be a really good idea. I've joined a worse empire just so that we don't parking lot as much because that gets me more cc.

4) I don't see not having to donate as a bad thing. I don't see why it's a punishment so this doesn't make too much sense to me.

5) I think the current reward system is fine and changing it would just be to please people who can't wait to upgrade

6) as said before, I agree the system needs changing. We will just have to see if your changes are any good.

7) war logs saving would be useful, but I also don't want them spending resources on saving war logs that they could spend on something else. The ability to do this depends on the resources available to devs.

You said Eve is getting the raw end of the stick while pvp gets upgraded, but you're forgetting pvp recently had 4 new classes and multiple new buildongs not long ago. Give it time. Pvp hasn't need upgraded since the game came out.

Comment

• DFish
      Brawler
      • Mar 2015

I like some of your ideas. EvE much less fun since they nerfed defense.

Reward teams for putting the boot to a team.

Make the end of season rewards for empires useful. Who gives a crap about a little sticker that says 242 Fall2015 EVE? Give them cc or alloys or crate roll or even those shards.

I don't like the idea of shorter wars, but I know many others do.

How about once a day we have a world war? I enjoyed those, but it was long having 6 wars in day total. Swap out one standard war per day. Rotate the slot and let teams know. First at the 5am EST, next day at 11am EST and so forth.

Add tech lab drops if you win war. Base the rarity on your Shadow Broker lvl.

Have shield disappear when the bunker is demo'ed.

Stop the doing more damage than you receive in a loss. Pisses me off to get hit by a ghost 200 lvls lower, and he losses but hits me for 300 or more.

Comment

• Strappedka
        Lackey
        • Jul 2014

So i have an idea thatay change the game greatly because of the class skills issue.
        No matter which class you use in eve the cc and xp at the end of each war goes into 2 different baskets, they can be applied to any class regardless if thats the one you fought with in that war.

So i have maxed sniper and use him in eve, i take my cc/xp after the war and apply the xp to ghost and bank my cc for later use. This way you can use the class you spent years on and still build the newer class xp without being forced to play a weaker/lower level player amd also you can keep your mvp for sniper building up as im so close to lvl6 but a level2 ghost.

Comment

• alexian
          • Jun 2013

This would make the things easier, but you need to work for something to become a master in it. Lets say you are an enforcer, you yell and stand your ground and flex your muscles all the war. You need to be the one that shows the opponents they cannot pass you. This doesn't increase your sneaking abbility needed for an assassin to be that silent fear. You can work for that on the side, on your free time? Sure, for that are the bosses.
          Bosses already have a sniper / ghost correlation. CC can already be spend wherever you want, you don't have to actively use that class.
          Last edited by alexian; 02-11-2016, 05:38 AM.
          48BE8B

Comment

• Xcali1985
            Head Boss
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by DFish View Post

Stop the doing more damage than you receive in a loss. Pisses me off to get hit by a ghost 200 lvls lower, and he losses but hits me for 300 or more.
            There are a lot of reasons why damage will be higher in a loss. Tag increases damage. Powershot and Accuracy can still trigger even on a loss. These classes are centered around causing massive damage. Due to that you will see damage that is higher than counter damage even in a loss.

Not to mention damage LTs, suppression, criticals, etc. all work on losses. Even insignias add damage.
            Last edited by Xcali1985; 02-11-2016, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• -DrTaco-
              Lackey
              • Feb 2016

These are all pretty valid items, and at least interesting discussion points. I'm curious the level of attention the devs will give these items

Comment

Working...
              X