• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul
    Assassin
    • Nov 2012

The Foodie Thread!

Alright, do we have any fellow foodies on these forums? Being an avid traveller and a food enthusiast I've developed an intense appreciation for the different tastes around the world. Post some restaurants you're fond of or some of your favourite dishes! Also, what is your comfort meal? That one meal that you could have a million times without getting sick of it, the one that makes you relaxed and eases your stress.

Favourite Restaurants

Europea - Montreal
    If you go here, do not go with any intention of saving money on the bill. Spend! Spend as frivolously as you possibly can! Get the tasting menu and don't look back. With little amuse bouches aplenty along with palate cleansers you'll leave on an endorphin high that you will not soon forget.
    Recommendation: Mon Foie Gras Signature - to die for.

L'Atelier de Joأ«l Robuchon - Las Vegas (MGM Grand)
    This was my favourite place in Las Vegas the last time I went. A delicious menu filled with modern french cuisine that again leaves you feeling incredibly satisfied regardless of all the money leaving your pocket. A nice touch is that the meals are prepared right infront of you as L'Atelier features an open kitchen where you can see everything being prepared. The menu is changing all the time so any recommendation might not be there after, but I'll leave you with a couple pictures.

la ventreche - tuna belly confit on a young veggie gelee

le burger - beef & foie gras burgers w/ caramelized bell peppers (unbelievably good!)

la framboise - fresh raspberry inside white chocolate sphere, yuzu ice cream (sphere melted when the waiter poured a warm raspberry sauce on top)

My favourite comfort dish is easily a plate of my Nona's pasta. A massive mound of home made pasta with all fresh ingredients from the garden. Everything is made from scratch, even the parmesan cheese on top. I still have not found a restaurant to match her pasta.

I'll post some more later when I have time, have to head out now. Post all your favourites!
    Last edited by Paul; 06-11-2013, 07:10 PM.
    Paul - EmpireShadows
  • Smitty22
    Goon
    • Mar 2013

Re: The Foodie Thread!

omg Paul.....WHY?!?!!! Why you post these?! :P Now I'm hungry. lol I have no cool pictures to share, but my comfort is cereal. No joke...I love mini wheats. lol
    sigpic

αgєит.ѕ ♀

Comment

• Shane
      Underboss
      • Feb 2013

For some reason I dislike fancy food, I would be perfectly happy with a pizza or some noodles.
      sigpic
      FBF0C0 EN/ES/AF/TS

Comment

• AngryChipmunk1
        Captain
        • Jan 2013

I keep it real classy.

Little Caesars Pizza - Las Vegas
        Whenever I go here a get a Pepperoni Pizza, and it's only five dollars!!!!
        Thats as classy as it gets right there.

Comment

• Smitty22
          Goon
          • Mar 2013

^Agreed. lol Makes me uncomfortable to eat it when it looks too fancy lol. That and you normally get WAY less yet pay more
          sigpic

αgєит.ѕ ♀

Comment

• brooke
            Goon
            • Apr 2013

that looks great but wheres the rest of it? surely that wont fill anyone up.. a girls gotta eat
            sigpic

Comment

• Mist
              Retired Game Guru
              • Jan 2013

Omg!! Now I am really hungry. Well don't have pics but love baked potato stuffed with bacon and blue cheese. Baked penne with chicken and for desert German cheese cake. Yummy
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X