• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Archaic
    Consigliere
    • Apr 2013

Leaving Forums Forever

Since Paul is now able to edit my posts because I said he takes the forums too seriously. Like "Real Life" that is absolutely absurd.

Do you know how many times I have been insulted, threatened, etc. and the posts went unedited as did the insulting? It is unfair that another player that is actually in an empire not in "Administrators Empire" can have this power on the forums. If Paul is able to have this management level in the forums he should not be allowed to be in ES it is bias and unfair to the rest of UE. This will be my last post and I will never again read the forums.

Also until I get an email to stating Pauls Forum management level has been removed I will not be spending even one more penny on this app regardless of how stellar the updates are. I spent about $25000 so far and in the last 2 weeks about $1500 so if Paul is worth more than that then by all means keep him on.

Goodbye UE Forum world. Feel free to bash me below I wont read them and I cant edit your posts like Paul can. 

Last edited by Airmid; 06-09-2013, 08:50 PM. Reason: Do not put your email on forums. It is personal information.
  • Shane
    Underboss
    • Feb 2013

Re: Leaving Forums Forever

Paul you should move this to off topics.
    sigpic
    FBF0C0 EN/ES/AF/TS

Comment

• -=Stone=-
      Brawler
      • Feb 2013

Its like pringles: "once ya pop, you cant stop" - or is that methamphetemine?

Meh, either way i am guessing and hoping youll be back!

Comment

• Anshin
        Consigliere
        • Jan 2013

Is this for real?!!! O.o

Airmid, please explain what is going on. Thank you!

Comment

• Shane
          Underboss
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Anshin View Post
          Is this for real?!!! O.o

Paul's been a mod for a long time as I've heard, but recently he has been warning people not to attack others personally which ticked off Archiac.
          sigpic
          FBF0C0 EN/ES/AF/TS

Comment

• Anshin
            Consigliere
            • Jan 2013

Game guru is not a Mod as I understand it. I was a game guru once. Just sounds really strange for a player in game to have the power to edit other people's posts.

Comment

• Voodoo jester
              Banned
              • May 2013

Is this for real?!!! O.o

Basically Anshin forums have gotten out of control with not following the rules and because someone has been reporting posts more frequently, and people are complaint about peeps not following the rules. The mods are being forced to do their jobs..

And because it has gone on so long without control or enforcement... The biggest offenders are now getting upset because they are getting called out on their blatant disregard for forum rules

Thanks Paul for edit I was just thinking about it
              Last edited by Voodoo jester; 06-09-2013, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• Voodoo jester
                Banned
                • May 2013

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                Since Paul is now able to edit my posts because I said he takes the forums too seriously. Like "Real Life" that is absolutely absurd.

Do you know how many times I have been insulted, threatened, etc. and the posts went unedited as did the insulting? It is unfair that another player that is actually in an empire not in "Administrators Empire" can have this power on the forums. If Paul is able to have this management level in the forums he should not be allowed to be in ES it is bias and unfair to the rest of UE. This will be my last post and I will never again read the forums.

Also until I get an email to stating Pauls Forum management level has been removed I will not be spending even one more penny on this app regardless of how stellar the updates are. I spent about $25000 so far and in the last 2 weeks about $1500 so if Paul is worth more than that then by all means keep him on.

Goodbye UE Forum world. Feel free to bash me below I wont read them and I cant edit your posts like Paul can. 

Arch all mods have the power to edit posts... That's not a management only power... That's like forum 101

Oh and last I checked you're not the only spender so you threatening not to spend another dime is like an annual pass holder to the Disney resorts saying they won't renew their annual pass until a cast member is fired...
                Last edited by Voodoo jester; 06-09-2013, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Anshin
                  Consigliere
                  • Jan 2013

To send violators a warning is one thing. I give kudos to Paul for doing his job.

To change someone else's post is a completely different matter. I am all for cleaning up these forums. But, for a biased party to be given this kind of power just does not sounds right.

Comment

• Paul
                    Assassin
                    • Nov 2012

I'm sorry that you feel that way Archaic. Warnings are given out when the rules are not followed and in this instance you resorted to personal attacks after a verbal warning was given, thus you received an infraction warning. This does not affect your forum abilities as it is only a warning and the reason your post was edited was because it contained a personal attack which would spark conflict. The forums are a place for discussion, not personal attacks. ES members have been warned that no bias will result of my affiliation in-game and have all accepted this. Ruger has given me the benefit of the doubt regarding this and I intend to hold true to my word.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions as long as it follows the rules. This doesn't mean you can't disagree with me, it doesn't mean you can't question the game mechanics, it doesn't mean you can't dislike someone, it just means you must avoid something so small as a personal attack. If keeping the ability to attack someone on a personal level is so important to you, then you're right that this environment might not be the best fit for you.

If anyone feels that I have abused my moderator power in a bias way, please Private Message me as I welcome feedback as it's a way for me to improve my role.

I will leave this thread open for Airmid to see it.
                    Paul - EmpireShadows

Comment

• Voodoo jester
                      Banned
                      • May 2013

To send violators a warning is one thing. I give kudos to Paul for doing his job.

To change someone else's post is a completely different matter. I am all for cleaning up these forums. But, for a biased party to be given this kind of power just does not sounds right.
                      Yes Paul has been biased for quite some time recently however his posts have been becoming more and more neutral... The ability to edit posts is a necessary tool for mods is used in Lou of deleting a post or even closing a thread

Comment

• Lisa
                        Captain
                        • Feb 2013

I shall respect ur neutrality Paul. But here is my two cents. Considering ur past history with Arch and Es' current standing with Chosen. Having u issue the warning to Arch so soon after u become neutral...well...anyone would be frustrated in his shoes.

I'm going to give this sometime and see how it all plays out. But honestly, I do think u need to be neutral a bit longer before u start using those powers Paul. At least give us some time to TRUST u again. Considering recent events...I would feel better if u earned our trust before u issued out warnings. Not everyone is going to read those warnings with un-biased eyes.

Comment

• Lisa
                          Captain
                          • Feb 2013

And what on earth is a game guru? Some kind of super player?

Comment

• Anshin
                            Consigliere
                            • Jan 2013

I still stand by what I said above.

Paul's pride in his empire has been evident from the first day I joined this forum. He consistently defends it as he probably should, being a loyal member and officer.

For him to now moderate this forum and have the power to edit other people's posts puts him in a position where there is clearly a direct conflict of interests. I don't understand this move, and it adds further to the reasons why I don't value this forum as I used to.

Comment

• Voodoo jester
                              Banned
                              • May 2013

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                              I shall respect ur neutrality Paul. But here is my two cents. Considering ur past history with Arch and Es' current standing with Chosen. Having u issue the warning to Arch so soon after u become neutral...well...anyone would be frustrated in his shoes.

I'm going to give this sometime and see how it all plays out. But honestly, I do think u need to be neutral a bit longer before u start using those powers Paul. At least give us some time to TRUST u again. Considering recent events...I would feel better if u earned our trust before u issued out warnings. Not everyone is going to read those warnings with un-biased eyes.
                              Well by all rights Paul can now ban archaic from forums as this can be loosely considered another personal attack. And I know for a fact that Paul has issued warnings to his own empire also.. Only difference is archaic thinks that he is above everyone else and that the rules don't apply to him... Hence this thread calling Paul out...

Personally if I was in Paul's shoes I'd save archaic the choice and ban... As Paul did warn arch and he went on a another personal attack on Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X