• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G3nesis
    Banned
    • Jan 2013

Dice roll Lts

Hi all, I am just wondering whether it is possible to get epic Lts from the dice roll jobs. If not what are the best I can hope for?
  • Brett
    Brawler
    • Jan 2013

Re: Dice roll Lts

What you see on the screen is what you have a possibility of getting from the Challenge jobs. I haven't gotten one of the good ones yet except Pain. Tried them all with the exception of Fight to the Death which I am slowly working on now.
    sigpic

Comment

• Anshin
      Consigliere
      • Jan 2013

No epics, but I did get Fox. Sweet!!! Going for Kate next.

BTW, i always go 100% before i collect. i don't trust lady luck in this game.

Comment

• Hammer
        Captain
        • Jan 2013

Very helpful info Anshin and thx I almost give up coz Fox is playing hard to get

Now u give poor me hope again

Comment

• Llissa
          Goon
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Anshin View Post
          No epics, but I did get Fox. Sweet!!! Going for Kate next.

BTW, i always go 100% before i collect. i don't trust lady luck in this game.
          Ashin, I've never tried it but I've been told by several in my empire that going for it in the green will get you about 4x more than waiting till 100%. Purely FYI.
          Llissa
          Empire Shadows - Officer
          68366A

~~ Style Over Substance - Chiannie ~~
          ~~ Never forget what they took from us in SWG. Bria forever. ~~

Comment

• Max
            Retired Game Guru
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Llissa View Post
            Ashin, I've never tried it but I've been told by several in my empire that going for it in the green will get you about 4x more than waiting till 100%. Purely FYI.
            What do you mean in the green? As I remember it green field is at No Chance and Bad Chance.

☭ Brotherhood and Unity☭

Check out my Ultimate Boss Guide!
            The most viewed thread in UWE forum

Comment

• Llissa
              Goon
              • Feb 2013

As I mentioned, I've yet to try rolling so I have to presume they meant bad chance. That for the same amount of xp used you get alot more not going to 100%
              Llissa
              Empire Shadows - Officer
              68366A

~~ Style Over Substance - Chiannie ~~
              ~~ Never forget what they took from us in SWG. Bria forever. ~~

Comment

• Anshin
                Consigliere
                • Jan 2013

Thanks for the tip, Llissa! I will have to ponder on that and maybe give it a try. I do see the logic. For the same amount of energy spent, I get more tries for an LT by not going 100%. Even if I miss some of the tries, I may end up with more LTs than going 100%.

Let's see how much Lady Luck really hates me here. LOL.

Comment

• G3nesis
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2013

Previously I did not know you could try before 100% until I misclicked and got AK and got super annoyed and stop the dice roll Jobs.

Comment

• Anshin
                    Consigliere
                    • Jan 2013

My first attempt at 53% (was already there before Llissa's post) - got $40K, less than what i make an hour from properties. i told you Lady Luck hates me in this game!!!

Comment

• sanane
                      Goon
                      • Feb 2013

Statistically speaking, AND assuming the percentages listed on top bar are correct, then trying to collect before 100% is NOT more beneficial. Yes, you can get lucky and get a drop at 7%, but what if you don't?

Then say you do another hit, and another collect at 7%. Again lets say you missed. Another attempt.

I will not bore you with the calculations; After 14 single attempts, you have these chances,

0 drops: 36%
                      1 drop: 38%
                      2 drops: 19%
                      3 drops: 6%
                      4 drops:1%
                      ... ignoring the rest.

With 14 attempts THEN a collect you have 100% (well 98%) chance to drop exactly 1 LT. No more, no less.

By doing single attempt/collect, the probability of getting at least one LT is 52% after 10 attempts. If you do 10 attempts, and then collect, the success rate goes up to 70%.

So it comes down to how lucky you feel. Yes you can get one LT earlier, or even get multiple LTs by doing bunch of those early collects, but in the long run if you want to guarantee a drop then going 100% before collect is the only way.

You can do the math for different percentages, but results will be similar.

Again, I am assuming that what you see on the screen is indeed the percentage that developers use to calculate your drop rate.

If someone is interested, and if I am bored enough I can post numbers for different percentages.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X