• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mist
    Retired Game Guru
    • Jan 2013

Pvp etiquette.

Ok since this is a new game I just want to set the record straight. I like to rank up. If u give me points I will chain you. Specially if you bounced off me in my news feed.

Ask and I shall stop. But I have seen people posting a lot of abuses and hate mail. I don't get it. Pvp is a major part of the game. If you can't hack it don't get bugged by it or get better.

If you are a power lvler and only strong enough to hit me when u are lvl 500 I don't care. That's your build. If I can reach up and hit that's cause that's my build. I don't see the point of people crying foul if a high lvl player hits u for points. Don't rank up if u can't stand the hits or be reasonable and ask the person to not chain you.
    Yes there are idiots who love to get hate mail and hit even more but can't do anything about those as they get their kicks from it. But a majority of players are decent people (I hope ) and basic courtesy and politeness goes a long way.
    sigpic

Well said.

Comment

• kimutaku
      Goon
      • Jan 2013

great post mist! i'm actually kind of laying off the PVP for a while since ranking up.. so much drama..lol
      but yes, i've made many a friends actually through PVP.
      a simple polite and friendly greeting/message will go a really really long way into diplomatic relations so to speak.
      and obviously angry childish wall posts or messages are not going to make the situation any better.
      wish some people would realize that.
      世に平穏のあらんことを

Comment

• sludgeboy
        Thug
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Mist View Post
        Ok since this is a new game I just want to set the record straight. I like to rank up. If u give me points I will chain you. Specially if you bounced off me in my news feed.

Ask and I shall stop. But I have seen people posting a lot of abuses and hate mail. I don't get it. Pvp is a major part of the game. If you can't hack it don't get bugged by it or get better.

If you are a power lvler and only strong enough to hit me when u are lvl 500 I don't care. That's your build. If I can reach up and hit that's cause that's my build. I don't see the point of people crying foul if a high lvl player hits u for points. Don't rank up if u can't stand the hits or be reasonable and ask the person to not chain you.
        Yes there are idiots who love to get hate mail and hit even more but can't do anything about those as they get their kicks from it. But a majority of players are decent people (I hope ) and basic courtesy and politeness goes a long way.
        Maybe you should teach this to your own members.

Originally posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
        Going through the same. Having trouble getting any feedback from my boys. And Mist, seems we are having a bit of a mob rivalry started by a couple members. I think its BS but I'm not going to tell a member to not attack somebody.

Comment

• Mist
          Retired Game Guru
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by sludgeboy View Post
          Maybe you should teach this to your own members.
          As I said this is a pvp game. Don't rank up if u cant hack it or if u like aim to get better. If u will check the wall posts of the persons concerned u will know why I do not want to tell my guild mates to stop. As is I don't tell people, mine, your's or anyone on how to play the game. I even have a simple msg on my wall saying that I chain if u give me points. All I can say is that asking someone politely to stop is a much better way than abusing/threatening.

I just now a while back got a polite pm from a player,ranked same pvp lvl as me, asking me to stop chaining him. I laughed said I would stop i even added him as ally. I can't speak for anyone else all I can do is set an example.

The another player left a post on my wall (not even a private msg but a wall post) that he will have my **s and that I was a b***h. This player I will continue to chain just on principle.
          Last edited by Mist; 02-19-2013, 06:37 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• ToshZZ
            Brawler
            • Jan 2013

I get pounded daily lol but im not pvp and allies cap at 501 so im not so much war too, just stockpiling stamina building and building so that when the time comes ill blast myself up the ranks over the course of 2-3 weeks by chaining people silly (if i can beat them that is, i lose much lol) but i will rank up when i put effort in just really lazy and wanna beat down bosses for gear first.

Im a non-hater, im weak its cool, hit away....revenge isnt my thing too thou i just chill about it, ya get chained ya get chained do something about it, but please dont whine about it, its a game.

I hate haters lol its so pointless...a guy chains you like 20 times and you call him a fag...yeah guess what he is prob going chain you another 60 times now idiot

Comment

• Mist
              Retired Game Guru
              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by ToshZZ View Post
              I get pounded daily lol but im not pvp and allies cap at 501 so im not so much war too, just stockpiling stamina building and building so that when the time comes ill blast myself up the ranks over the course of 2-3 weeks by chaining people silly (if i can beat them that is, i lose much lol) but i will rank up when i put effort in just really lazy and wanna beat down bosses for gear first.

Im a non-hater, im weak its cool, hit away....revenge isnt my thing too thou i just chill about it, ya get chained ya get chained do something about it, but please dont whine about it, its a game.

I hate haters lol its so pointless...a guy chains you like 20 times and you call him a fag...yeah guess what he is prob going chain you another 60 times now idiot
              Rotfl. Agreed.
              sigpic

Comment

• Anshin
                Consigliere
                • Jan 2013

Mist, tosh, kimutaku, you guys are my heroes! Well said!!!!

Comment

• Alper
                  Assassin
                  • Jan 2013

Do not rank up if you can not defend your rank. That simple.

Comment

• Pablo Escobar
                    Goon
                    • Jan 2013

Guys, serious question. How do you build SP if you don't rank up?

Comment

• Anshin
                      Consigliere
                      • Jan 2013

Pablo, I think it has to do with how you distribute your sp when you lvl up. If you put everything into energy, you will level up really fast, but you will be really weak in pvp. If you put lots of sp into at and DF then you will be strong in pvp, but you level up slower.

I think the guys above are saying that you need to find a balance that makes you happy. I'm like tosh, I don't care if I get killed everyday. Most times I view it as a favor and I laugh at those who waste stam hitting down on me. I'm a power leveler n proud of it. So most of my sps have gone to energy.

My friend Alper on the other hand is a strong pvp. As i recall, his sps have gone mostly to at. He doesn't mind leveling up slower.

So, to each his own. What we are saying is own up to your build decision and dont whine about the consequences. Did I get that right, guys?
                      Last edited by Anshin; 02-20-2013, 05:21 AM.

Comment

• Mist
                        Retired Game Guru
                        • Jan 2013

Yup you said it right Anshin. There is a thread in strategy section I think about different builds. Pablo u can take a look at that. I choose to lvl slower for now so I can get my pvp out of the way first. Then I will slowly start adding sp to energy and stamina. Lol need it if I need summoner drops.

my current stats are 43/29 eng/stamina and 223/223 at/df. Lvl 69. This will slow me down later in lvling but once I start adding eng and stamina it will smoothen out. As I said above pvp now or later is player choice. If devs thought it was unfair or cheating to chain hit/hit lower lvls/upper lvls etc then they would not allow it. My thinking is that if I get pvp out of the way now it makes it easier for me to play boss hunts which I actually enjoy even more than pvp. For me pvp is just to access more sp earlier.
                        sigpic

Comment

• OmniReaper
                          Assassin
                          • Feb 2013

I found a pretty nice balance where I am now... I'm able to do missions in peace, while still being able to hold my own (for the most part) in pvp and still have enough stam left for bosses. Like others have said it really depends upon your build. Quite a few ppl have trumped me and chained me (Im looking at you Mist Knights lol), it makes me glad to have a challenge in this game. Then I just simply scroll on over to the battle list and buttr*pe some other unsuspecting victims to make up for my losses... And thus the cycle continues.

Comment

• Mist
                            Retired Game Guru
                            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by OmniReaper View Post
                            I found a pretty nice balance where I am now... I'm able to do missions in peace, while still being able to hold my own (for the most part) in pvp and still have enough stam left for bosses. Like others have said it really depends upon your build. Quite a few ppl have trumped me and chained me (Im looking at you Mist Knights lol), it makes me glad to have a challenge in this game. Then I just simply scroll on over to the battle list and buttr*pe some other unsuspecting victims to make up for my losses... And thus the cycle continues.
                            Lol what pvp rank r u? I don't remember dueling u
                            sigpic

Comment

• Mist
                              Retired Game Guru
                              • Jan 2013

I have a Dave , Crr,gonzalo, sabanrai shadow fist and steak tartare in my news feed. if they r in er I look to battle list. No one els has points for me that I can hit or find. Any offers?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X